General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Random Velocity TV insights

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2017, 12:39 PM
344879M363895

Random Velocity TV insights

Been sitting here packing boxes this weekend and have watched a few interesting shows:

How It's Made: Dream Cars Gen 6 Camaro - great to see behind the scenes on the production of this machine.

Kindig Design and the awesome GM Futurliner: http://www.kindigit.com/gallery/39-gm-futurliner/

and also some Graveyard Cars where that guy is just hilarious. Seems to know his stuff, although I know nothing about Mopars I found his passion for the cars to be inspiring.
Old June 18th, 2017, 12:58 PM

I love that show Graveyard Cars. I also have a Superbee. Some serious iron passes through that shop. Only thing I don't see is necessary is the "let's make it interesting to more people" by focusing on the arguing and banter that goes on. Still a great car show. The owner is a knowledgeable guy.
Old June 18th, 2017, 01:22 PM

Graveyard cars is one of my favourite shows. Mark Worman knows his stuff about Mopars. I like that he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously except when it comes to Mopars.
They show some seriously rare and expensive restorations. Canadian Velocity channel sucks compared to the American version. Repeat after repeat and we don't have half the different shows American Velocity has. (Less commercials though)
Old June 18th, 2017, 02:51 PM

I like some shows there. Graveyard is a favorite, mainly because, I will admit here, Mopars are my favorite. Mark is extremely well informed on them. And with a few exceptions he restores to stock specs. Wayne Carini has some rare stuff I like to see.(Chasing Classic Cars) The show about barn find motorcycles is cool. I don't care for most of the customizing shows. Not my thing, and most shows give the impression the restoration is done in a few weeks.
Just cool to have a channel about the hobby. Wish they would have less repeats and maybe a show that has a car movie once a week. There were so many made.
Old June 18th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Administrator

I like Graveyard cars also, don't ask me why. A cool show on Mavtv is Full Custom Garage, Ian is an artist and makes custom car building look easy.
http://www.mavtv.com/shows/automotiv...-custom-garage
Old June 19th, 2017, 12:02 PM
344879M363895

Originally Posted by m371961
Wish they would have less repeats and maybe a show that has a car movie once a week. There were so many made.
This is a great idea. You're right. So many car movies...been a while since I've seen one. Last one I saw was a repeat viewing of Gone in 60 Seconds. Still good as a repeat.
Old June 19th, 2017, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by 70-442-W30
This is a great idea. You're right. So many car movies...been a while since I've seen one. Last one I saw was a repeat viewing of Gone in 60 Seconds. Still good as a repeat.
I'm going to have to disagree. No chance the remake compares to the original. I saw a documentary on how the original was made. That was even better than the movie.

They stuck Nicolas Cage into yet another roll he could not act in.
Old June 28th, 2017, 07:15 PM

Hate the goofy looking 'Eleanor' in the Gone in Sixty Seconds remake. Should had left it a stock Shelby for the movie.

Graveyard Cars is my favorite show, almost all stock restoration work with just a few modifications if requested by the owner - usually the cartoon looking oversize wheels and modern crate motors.

An interesting tidbit mentioned was that the General Lee was actually red on the Dukes of Hazzard television show, but for the movie it was painted orange to replicate how it looked on television.
Old June 29th, 2017, 04:26 AM

Graveyard Carz is one one my favorites also. I'm not a mopar guy but I love the work that they do. Awesome cars!! Marks' daughter, Allysa is easy on the eyes too!! Love Bitchin rides also, Dave Kindig & his crew are some serious artists. That "copper caddy" they did was outrageous! I'd love to know what the total bill was for that one! Wheeler Dealers is a fun show but with Ed leaving I don't think it will be worth watching. Wayne Carinis' show is good too,but on a couple of episodes that actually had some Olds' on them, he kept screwing it up, He had a really nice '68 442 convertible that he kept saying was a '69 & a "69 H/O that he kept calling a W30?? I don't know how much longer I'm going to keep my cable. Tv pretty much sucks anymore, & I have to buy the HD package to get the velocity channel. Waaaay to many commercials & the same boring movies over & over!! They just jacked up the bill again & I'm getting sick of it!!