General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

1970 body mounts 442

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2017, 01:36 PM

1970 body mounts 442

have a new complete set of body mounts from inline tube and not sure if they are correct or not. all have a 3/4" hole in the center of the metal sleeve that is in the middle of the rubber mount. Is that correct ?? also have two that have a dished out metal sleeve on top and not sure of their location on the frame. I know their is suppose to be two solid mounts included in the kit and talked with inline and they are sending me those now to replace two others that i assume were wrong they only had a 1/2" hole in the metal sleeve which to me seems to be what they all should be. anybody know what is right here ??-----------------thanks-----------Greg
Old May 15th, 2017, 04:13 AM

Ttt
Old May 15th, 2017, 08:31 PM
Once Olds Always Olds

Greg,

Is this a convertible or fast back? If it is a fast back, and particularly a "Holiday" coupe, you should have 6 mounting spots for the body to the frame: Two on each side of the bottom of the cowl, and 2 behind the axel, and 2 at the back corners. The two over the axel and the two in the middle of the frame should not have holes. I think post coupes are the same. Whether it is inline or OPGI the sets have the same number of bushings with sleeves. I bought mine from Inline at MCCAN a couple of years ago. I had to show the guy pictures of how mine came apart, but they sent me the correct bushings so that I had 4 that did not have holes or sleeves. I cannot remember if the "set" comes with the radiator support bushings or not. I was thinking Inline sold the radiator support bushings separate. They should have a square top.

I'll let the convert guys speak up if it is a convertible.

Troy

Last edited by Troys Toy 70; May 15th, 2017 at 08:34 PM.
Old May 16th, 2017, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Troys Toy 70
Greg,

Is this a convertible or fast back? If it is a fast back, and particularly a "Holiday" coupe, you should have 6 mounting spots for the body to the frame: Two on each side of the bottom of the cowl, and 2 behind the axel, and 2 at the back corners. The two over the axel and the two in the middle of the frame should not have holes. I think post coupes are the same. Whether it is inline or OPGI the sets have the same number of bushings with sleeves. I bought mine from Inline at MCCAN a couple of years ago. I had to show the guy pictures of how mine came apart, but they sent me the correct bushings so that I had 4 that did not have holes or sleeves. I cannot remember if the "set" comes with the radiator support bushings or not. I was thinking Inline sold the radiator support bushings separate. They should have a square top.

I'll let the convert guys speak up if it is a convertible.

Troy
Yes. I have the fast back holiday coupe. So your saying there should only be 6 total bushings with screws and and 6 solid bushings. I heard this before, but The assembly manual shows only two solid mounts. What's the difference in the mounts with the bigger vs smaller hole in the center ?? Thanks again. Greg
Old May 17th, 2017, 08:04 PM
Once Olds Always Olds

Greg,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Yes 6 metal sleeves, and 6 solids is how mine came from the factory. Mine was a Freemont build 70 442. I took apart a 70 Cutlass Lansing build, same thing. I know guys that have taken apart several Lansing cars and they have had all the same configurations. Possibly, someone else can weigh in with a different experience for a Holiday coupe. Inline says that there are two more bolts per side, but I haven't seen it. I am not claiming to be an expert though.

Here are the pictures of my new bushings. The only ones with the smaller wholes is the square ones for the radiator support.

Old May 17th, 2017, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Troys Toy 70
Greg,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Yes 6 metal sleeves, and 6 solids is how mine came from the factory. Mine was a Freemont build 70 442. I took apart a 70 Cutlass Lansing build, same thing. I know guys that have taken apart several Lansing cars and they have had all the same configurations. Possibly, someone else can weigh in with a different experience for a Holiday coupe. Inline says that there are two more bolts per side, but I haven't seen it. I am not claiming to be an expert though.

Here are the pictures of my new bushings. The only ones with the smaller wholes is the square ones for the radiator support.

Great. Thanks again for the help
Old May 17th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Once Olds Always Olds