General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Kingsport TN, Things to do there?

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2016, 03:38 PM

Kingsport TN, Things to do there?

My wife and I love the mountains and plan to go to Kingsport a couple days early to the nationals. What are the best sites to see within 2 hours of there? We are thinking Grandfather mountain maybe. My wife wants to check out The Exchange Place. http://www.exchangeplace.info/#!visiting/yheac but looks like it will only be open Saturday and Sunday. We may be to busy Saturday to go.

Anyone from the area and have recommendations?
Old January 8th, 2016, 08:33 AM
Oldsdruid

Plenty of things to do and see!

Asheville area, bout an hour away- Biltmore, Asheville arts community, beaucoups craft breweries. There's whitewater rafting all around WNC.

The Cherokee area west of Asheville also has plenty to do, and the Floyd Garrett Musclecar Museum is in Sevierville TN, couple hours down I-81. Just remember Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area gets kind of "touristy" in the summer.

Tri City Plating is over in Elizabethton TN, so anyone who needs to drop off chrome work is close to one of the better platers I know of.

Grandfather and Linville are great that time of year. The Grandfather Mountain Highland Games are July 7-10 this year. I haven't been since me da' died. Mama lost interest after that and work seemed to always get in the way for me.
Old January 8th, 2016, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by rocketraider
Plenty of things to do and see!

Asheville area, bout an hour away- Biltmore, Asheville arts community, beaucoups craft breweries. There's whitewater rafting all around WNC.

The Cherokee area west of Asheville also has plenty to do, and the Floyd Garrett Musclecar Museum is in Sevierville TN, couple hours down I-81. Just remember Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area gets kind of "touristy" in the summer.

Tri City Plating is over in Elizabethton TN, so anyone who needs to drop off chrome work is close to one of the better platers I know of.

Grandfather and Linville are great that time of year. The Grandfather Mountain Highland Games are July 7-10 this year. I haven't been since me da' died. Mama lost interest after that and work seemed to always get in the way for me.
We have been all through the Smoky Mountain area. Mostly looking for stuff a little more north of that area. We have been to Natural bridge Virginia before but it may be a little to far north. I have not looking into Linville. I will look that up. Thanks