General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Would anyone like to see my 54 Olds get built soon?

Search this Thread

Old September 19th, 2018, 10:14 AM
car guy

Would anyone like to see my 54 Olds get built soon?

Hello guys and gals. I need a favor,

A lot of you may remember me and some of you may have no idea of who I am. Life and family has mostly taken over my time. I rarely even sign in to the 4-5 message boards that I used to be a big part of. This one was the one I spent the most time on by far and the only place other than my personal FB page I will be posting this asking for help.

So I still have my 54' under a car cover in the exact condition it was the day I shipped in in from California. I've dabbled with a few other cars and minor projects but never touched this one because I didn't want to start on it and have it stalled.

I'm not sure how exactly the owner Borris is going to pick the winner but Street Machinery in Ohio who is known for building a lot of really cool 50's and 60's hot rods is going to build a car for someone that has an unfinished project. I just mailed off my submission to be considered for the project with specific details of how I would want it built including how it needs to stay Olds powered.

The way the build for whoever wins is going to be paid for is from the proceeds of a t-shirt that they will be selling. If anyone is willing and wants one I am asking you to buy one of the shirts to support the cause. I would also like you to mention you would like to see them build Richard Johnson's 54 Olds in the notes of your order.

If some of you that know me well and like what I once contributed to this site I would ask you to take it a step farther and take a second to write and short letter in my support and mail it in whether you want a shirt or not.

Thank you

mail to Street Machinery 25020 Lakeland Blvd Euclid, OH 44132,

Shirts are $25 each in any size and that includes shipping. You can pay via PayPal at sundayswaparama@gmail.com or you can call the shop at 216-289-1493 to pay with a credit card.
Sizes are Sm med Lg XL- 5x and are available in white, grey, or black. First order of shirts should start shipping in apox 3 weeks
Old September 19th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Richard, I would love to see you get started and finish your 54. I will do a tee shirt and do a brief letter endorsing you. For those of you that don't know Richard, he was a big contributor to this site. He is an extremely talented fabricator and car guy. I know that in the time have been on this website he has suffered some very personal tragedies in his and his families lives. Richard fabricated the mounting brackets for the AC on my 54 Olds. I see him occasionally at car shows and will tell you that you would never meet a nicer guy and family man. So come on guys and lets show him the support of our Olds community.
Old September 19th, 2018, 05:34 PM

I’ll do both as well Richard. When I was looking at another project car on Pro Touring you sent me a PM offering to help me go down and pick it up With your trailer since it was in pieces. It always stood out to me because while you and I never met you were willing to offer help.
Old September 21st, 2018, 06:02 AM
car guy

Originally Posted by redoldsman
Richard, I would love to see you get started and finish your 54. I will do a tee shirt and do a brief letter endorsing you. For those of you that don't know Richard, he was a big contributor to this site. He is an extremely talented fabricator and car guy. I know that in the time have been on this website he has suffered some very personal tragedies in his and his families lives. Richard fabricated the mounting brackets for the AC on my 54 Olds. I see him occasionally at car shows and will tell you that you would never meet a nicer guy and family man. So come on guys and lets show him the support of our Olds community.
Thank you so much. I Always love seeing your 54 and chatting when we bump in to each other.

Originally Posted by Lsx442
I’ll do both as well Richard. When I was looking at another project car on Pro Touring you sent me a PM offering to help me go down and pick it up With your trailer since it was in pieces. It always stood out to me because while you and I never met you were willing to offer help.
That's what like minded car guys do. We help each other out when we can. Thanks a ton for your help on this. I don't want to get my hopes up because I'm sure there will be 100's of entries. Whether its me or someone else its an awesome thing he is doing so hopefully lots of guys that see this will at least buy a shirt.

Old September 21st, 2018, 02:25 PM

Count me in. That FIVE-FOUR needs to be saved!
Old September 25th, 2018, 11:08 AM
car guy

Originally Posted by D. Yaros
Count me in. That FIVE-FOUR needs to be saved!
Thank you sir!