General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Woodward Dream Cruise - Help needed

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2013, 07:09 PM

Woodward Dream Cruise - Help needed

ok I can admit it when I mess up and this is another one of those times. I'm driving my '66 442 that I just finished the 29th of March to the Dream Cruise from San Diego, Ca. and I'm wondering if anyone knows if the local Olds Chapter has spots allocated out to them for parking their cars on Woodward Ave. and if so would they have room for one more Olds. Any help with contacts or info would be appreciated. I'm finding rooms are also an issue so I'll have to deal with that point as well. Thanks in advance for any and all help/info anyone may have.

Nufo(Fred)
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:16 PM

Location: Orion Township Michigan 30 Miles North of the Murder City
Like I said today. As the Mile Roads get Lower the areas get Rougher. This City changes every 15 Minutes......Try Lake Orion..Troy..Your Friend from the Murder City. Ron Roth..The Dash Board Dude.
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:20 PM

For rooms there's still place up in Auburn hills and Sterling hills areas. Far enough away to be peaceful ... close enough to get back to the action quick.
Old August 8th, 2013, 09:11 PM

Wow the people here never stop amazing me....

I put this thread out here just a couple hours ago and already I've been setup to have a great time. Got a room and a place to put the 442 right
on Woodward Ave. for a great event. Thanks to those who gave guidance and for putting me in touch with someone in the area who could provide parking for the car. Now all I gotta do is like I said, pack the toolbox, AAA card and keep my fingers crossed I make the 2300 miles without too much excitement of the wrong kind.

Thanks,
Nufo(Fred)
Old August 8th, 2013, 11:16 PM

I have found that it is not very much fun sitting in bumper to bumper traffic at the Woodward Ave. Dream Cruise. Cruising a few days before Saturday was more enjoyable.
I'd like to hook-up with the Motor City Rockets one of these years. The Motor City Rockets have their own parking locked in each year.
Old August 9th, 2013, 04:56 AM

You got it Jaybird. Ill hit it Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Then its time to Re Hydrate.Its been going pretty strong on Friday and Saturday nights for the past 3 weekends.I live in Orion just North of the Palace and I just run down Opdyke through Bloomfield .Beautiful ride.NUFO its been a Little Chili here lately. Make sure you pack some HEAT. And I aint talkin Long Johns..
Old August 10th, 2013, 04:32 PM

Decided not to come tomorrow as it seems too "chili."
Old August 11th, 2013, 04:34 AM

Bunser ..Its just a joke between Freddie and I. The weather here is perfect for the Cruise..In years past it has been way too hot. Upper 70s are predicted. You have to be here Eh?
Old August 11th, 2013, 09:26 AM

I was going to grab my "toque", pick my brother up and take the car down today, but, too many "jobs" came up. Shooting for Wednesday with the daily driver.
Old August 11th, 2013, 06:52 PM

Freddie has never seen the Peelers .May have to take him to Windsor for the ballet.Once you have seen one woman Naked... You want to see the rest of em..