General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Well we are going south and a few rambling thoughts

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:25 AM

Well we are going south and a few rambling thoughts

Wife has planed our agenda and we are going on a road trip down Hwy #1 on the California coast south probably as far as Pismo Beach.Looks like about 1100 mile trip if we go every place she would like to see. Southern California isn't my normal cup of tea,I find the human press just a little to much for this country boy and I worry about the car in that environment ( theft or vandalism) but were going I been told.

As far as I know everything on the car is top notch(the best I can make it) and everything works but the clock so I have little worries about the car. I most likely pack a little heat because in my other life I'm a gunsmith and I would feel naked without some kind of protection that far from home. I find that the police usually get to a incident just in time to write up a report and little else, hopefully it will just be another bulge in my pocket for a few days.

Anyway thats the plan, I'm sure fun will be had by all and pictures will be posted upon our return.....Tedd
Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:36 AM

Tedd - Have a good trip. I made that drive in 1967 in a 1962 Chevrolet. I guess things have changed a little since then. Hope all goes well. Keep us posted. Do not forget to lock and load.

Rick