General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Still Stay Far Away from OPG!

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2011, 11:16 AM

Angry Still Stay Far Away from OPG!

Ok so my rear seat covers were too short, wrong color and had some bad stitching. The upholstery shop could not fit them so I sent them back. I called today to see where the new set of rear covers were for my 67 post coupe. OPG said that they measured the covers and they were the exact size as the ones they have been selling to thousands of customers and it would do no good for them to send me another set of seat covers. At this point I flipped and asked why is it that the radiator I bought from them needed modification, and now the seat covers do not fit.... I assured them that my car was original and not custom and the problem was on their end. To this he asked if I was the original owner of the car and the only time they had problems such as mine were because things have been changed from stock. Since I was not the original owner I could not be sure.... Well, I know nothing has been changed and have once again written them off and would direct others to do the same. So now I need to get these ill fitting covers back so the shop can make them larger or sew some up from scratch and hopefully match the front seat which is already completed.
Old June 16th, 2011, 11:39 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks for the heads up.
Old June 16th, 2011, 11:45 AM

That's too bad. I've bought from them before and had no issues.
Old June 16th, 2011, 11:55 AM

Sorry about your bum luck... If your trim guy could not fit them, then there IS a problem.
Perhaps your rear seat was replaced at one time with one from a different size?
Perhaps post some measurements of the seat frame...
Old June 16th, 2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Sorry about your bum luck... If your trim guy could not fit them, then there IS a problem.
Perhaps your rear seat was replaced at one time with one from a different size?
The rear seat fits between the armrests and is stock. I can assure you the seat and interior was original to the car. If the seat was longer than stock it would not fit between the side armrests with ashtrays.
Old June 16th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

That sucks, Joe. I'm sorry to hear it.

- Eric
Old June 16th, 2011, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
Ok so my rear seat covers were too short, wrong color and had some bad stitching. The upholstery shop could not fit them so I sent them back. I called today to see where the new set of rear covers were for my 67 post coupe. OPG said that they measured the covers and they were the exact size as the ones they have been selling to thousands of customers and it would do no good for them to send me another set of seat covers. At this point I flipped and asked why is it that the radiator I bought from them needed modification, and now the seat covers do not fit.... I assured them that my car was original and not custom and the problem was on their end. To this he asked if I was the original owner of the car and the only time they had problems such as mine were because things have been changed from stock. Since I was not the original owner I could not be sure.... Well, I know nothing has been changed and have once again written them off and would direct others to do the same. So now I need to get these ill fitting covers back so the shop can make them larger or sew some up from scratch and hopefully match the front seat which is already completed.
That's the same kind of experience I had with them. I bought a rear sway bar from them. Bolted it gently to my original factory boxed control arms, it hung 4" below the rear center section. I couldn't live with that so I called and tried to talk with them. They were, to be kind, not at all nice. They said there had to be some problem with my car, and we had a mild discussion until I saw there was no reasoning with them. So I let them have it, I told them off pretty good, or maybe pretty bad. I said I was not new at this and I knew what I was doing etc., etc. I also told them if they didn't want to take it back I would go through Visa, and no matter what they did I would never do business with them again. They took it back, I lost shipping both ways, and I haven't and never will buy anything from them again. And I bought a new rear bar from GM, as they were still available until recently, it fit perfectly.
Mike
Old June 16th, 2011, 12:22 PM
delete

Why did you give them a chance? They fool you once....
Old June 16th, 2011, 12:59 PM

I was thinking the dimensions the other way. Ok, never mind...
Old June 16th, 2011, 01:01 PM

If the seat was longer than stock it would not fit between the side armrests with ashtrays.
I was thinking the dimensions the other way. Never mind...
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by droptopron
Why did you give them a chance? They fool you once....
I got suckered in! I bought the covers first but did not have them installed till now. They overcharged me so I had some credit with them so I bought the radiator and then I found all the problems with everything...
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Ben

you are in new jersey, same as Ledgendary- why not give them a call and see what they can do for you.

If your seats still had the tattered but original covers, even if htey don't currently have the pattern, they will take your oriignal covers and make it.

I have not done business with opg in over 10 years due to various problems with them. I have seen nothing recently to change my mind.
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:13 PM

Thumbs down Opgi sucks

Thanks for the reminder:

OPGI SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would never ever buy from them again.

Parts suck

Customer service sucks

The catalog is full of errors

They don't give a damn

OPGI SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by RAMBOW
you are in new jersey, same as Ledgendary- why not give them a call and see what they can do for you.

If your seats still had the tattered but original covers, even if htey don't currently have the pattern, they will take your oriignal covers and make it.

I have not done business with opg in over 10 years due to various problems with them. I have seen nothing recently to change my mind.
I talked with the Legendary guys at Carlisle swaps. Every time I asked about Sport Coupe covers they looked in their catalog and said sorry we dont make those so I never went any further. My local shop can do the covers. Trouble was I had no front seat with a pattern to copy so I went to OPG/PUI since they had the correct pattern.
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:55 PM

just say no OPGI- I have had issue's just trying to see if a item is in stock with them. Made one order and they screwed up..Buu-Bye!
Old June 22nd, 2011, 01:48 PM

Ok so it has been days without a return call as promised from OPG. They were supposed to make a determination as to the stitching problem of the rear seat cover. They are blaming my shop for the damage but need to look at the cover to be sure... Turns out that now they cannot find my covers and hoped they would turn up soon.... I will give them till next week and then ask to speak with someone higher up than Jason C.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 02:06 PM

Ok so it has been days without a return call as promised from OPG. They were supposed to make a determination as to the stitching problem of the rear seat cover. They are blaming my shop for the damage but need to look at the cover to be sure... Turns out that now they cannot find my covers and hoped they would turn up soon.... I will give them till next week and then ask to speak with someone higher up than Jason C.
Good luck.

They won't call you back.

You have to escalate the problem to the CEO.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 02:15 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Jeezus, Joe.

-Eric
Old June 22nd, 2011, 02:44 PM

i do alot of buying and selling on eBay, and i have dealt directly with OPG, Fusick, Year One, etc. i find Year One to be pretty honorable, but a bit more expensive. they seem to have pride in what they do. fusick has done me no wrong, and OPG actually hasn't caused me any issues either. although, i havn't gotten much from OPG. i did order a set of the "cutlass" script rubber floor mats from OPG which took a few weeks to deliver, but are very nice and fit well. but i want to make a suggestion to everyone about a company i don't hear much about on these forums....Tamraz Auto Parts. they sell alot of stuff on ebay, great quality reproduction pieces and upholstery, and performance upgrades. i find them to be a few dollars (not much) cheaper than the big name guys, they have lightning fast shipping, if they say it's in stock, it's at your door within a week, and every part i have gotten from them fits perfectly. i paid $70 for a set of 4 window cranks from Tamraz and they were heavy, metal, exact reproductions, beautiful, and fit perfectly. that's just an example, but they seem to be right on. you can find them on ebay, or google them and call directly, which is what i have done on the last few transactions.

i recently got a COMPLETE power disc brake conversion with powdercoated calipers, drilled/slotted rotors, complete brake line kit, power booster, master cylinder, proportioning valve, spindles, hardware, EVERYTHING!! cost me $850 for everything, delivered, and they even told me they had no powder coated calipers in stock, but would send a set out to be powder coated for me. it took 2 weeks from the day they charged my debit card for the kit to hit my door....great quality, nothing was missing, secure packaging, and the calipers were powdercoated beautifully. just a heads up for everyone, check them out if you havn't already.

of course, someone is probably gonna reply with a Tamraz horror story....LOL....everyone steps on their dick once in a while. but out of all the big suppliers, they are the ones i check with first for parts i need.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 03:51 PM

Oh my Friggin ears!
Old June 22nd, 2011, 04:07 PM

they just screwed me AGAIN for the last time. I bought one of their weather strip "kits" because it had everything I needed. that was about 6 months ago. last week I tried to change the vent window seals only to discover they sent me the wrong ones. and yes I've also been told A-we've sold a million of those and no one has ever complained before , and B-someone must have changed your car, plus the implied - or you are an idiot!
Old June 22nd, 2011, 05:00 PM

Oldsmaniac, there comes a time when you just have to get on an airplane and visit OPG. When you get there ask for ol, when he asks "how can I help you" reach out and drag him over the counter, wrap him in the wrong seat covers and proceed to pound the you know what out of him. Then just say thankyou and leave. Sorry I just got done watching Goodfellas.

Last edited by my72vert; June 22nd, 2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 06:03 PM

yes, and please take pictures.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by my72vert
Oldsmaniac, there comes a time when you just have to get on an airplane and visit OPG. When you get there ask for ol, when he asks "how can I help you" reach out and drag him over the counter, wrap him in the wrong seat covers and proceed to pound the you know what out of him. Then just say thankyou and leave. Sorry I just got done watching Goodfellas.
That would make me feel good, my whole purpose with this thread is to warn others and be informative. I am posting as the story unfolds and see I am not alone.
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:21 AM

I hope this is the final chapter in this saga.... Jason from OPG called today to say they found my returned rear seat covers and they could find no problems with the stitching. They also said that I cannot return them once I receive them back and if I had any ideas of using them for a pattern and then returning em for a refund it would not work. So since the fronts seat is already done I told them to send them back to me and my shop will have to extend them or something to get the bottom to fit. The shop had already tossed my original rear seat covers....
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Now THAT is a high-class outfit!

- Eric
Old June 30th, 2011, 02:15 PM

They had the stones to accuse you of thinking of using their crummy fit as a template when you get them back? Yeah thanks for the heads up about these guys. I was thinking of ordering a battery topper from them but their shipping costs are out to lunch to ship here. More than the cost of the topper and when I asked about using regular mail, it was like pulling teeth to get a price. Once I did I was disappointed in the price of it also for a 3 week+ wait. I'm with Eric. High class outfit indeed :-P I'll keep giving my money to Fusick and Supercars Unlimited. So far they have both done me well for the few things I have needed.

Last edited by 1964CutlassSC; June 30th, 2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old June 30th, 2011, 03:53 PM

Look at this 2 ways, you learned a lesson and they lost a LOT of business. I think your the winner.
Old June 30th, 2011, 04:18 PM

I currently have a dilema with opg. They have screwed me over 2 times on two seperate occasions regarding two different parts. I just received an email saying that they have just shipped a part to me. The thing is I already received the part in question more than 3 months ago. Apparently they didnt keep record of it being shipped the first time and are resending the part free of charge.

so now as an unsatisfied customer what should I do?

A)return the $350 part that I was not charged and be nice to them even though they were rude to me.

or

B)sell the part and make money.

Im thinking the employees at opg would choose b in my situation!
Old June 30th, 2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by GreekDog
I currently have a dilema with opg. They have screwed me over 2 times on two seperate occasions regarding two different parts. I just received an email saying that they have just shipped a part to me. The thing is I already received the part in question more than 3 months ago. Apparently they didnt keep record of it being shipped the first time and are resending the part free of charge.

Im thinking the employees at opg would choose b in my situation!
B is the correct answer for sure. Aggravation is costly in my book!
Old June 30th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by GreekDog
A)return the $350 part that I was not charged and be nice to them even though they were rude to me.

or

Put yourself in their position.

If the roles were reversed, and they had money they owed you, would they
A) keep your money, or
B) sent it back to you promptly?

Your path is clear here, Grasshopper. Enjoy your bonus.

- Eric
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:16 PM

Sell the part then take a picture of you holding the cash and send it to them with a caption saying... STUPID!!!! Sorry but I always cheer for the little guy. RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!
Old June 30th, 2011, 09:41 PM

haha sounds good. Its the stainless wheel trim for the 70-72 cutlass. Ill post it in the "parts for sale" section once it arrives.
Old July 1st, 2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Thanks for the heads up.
x2
Old July 1st, 2011, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by RAMBOW
you are in new jersey, same as Ledgendary-
Legendary is in Newark, NY, about 25 minutes east of Rochester (about 20 minutes from my house)