General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Pics From Chick-Fil-A Cruise In

Old August 2nd, 2012, 06:45 AM
  #1  
Cutlass Lover
Thread Starter
 
cutlassgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twinsburg, Ohio
Posts: 6,587
Pics From Chick-Fil-A Cruise In

Here are some pics from the Chick-Fil-A Cruise In I was at last night. I had no idea it was "Support Chick-Fil-A" night over there, lol. Guess it was in the papers and on the national news, but I missed it somehow. Anyhow, there was a little room for us cruisers to park, lol, and a great show of support for the franchise. I'm not gonna get political, lol. Myself, I like Chick-Fil-A food and will continue to eat there. Hope I don't offend anyone....

ChickFilA8-1-12001.jpg

ChickFilA8-1-12002.jpg

ChickFilA8-1-12003.jpg

ChickFilA8-1-12004.jpg

ChickFilA8-1-12006.jpg

ChickFilA8-1-12007.jpg

ChickFilA8-1-12009.jpg

ChickFilA8-1-12012.jpg

ChickFilA8-1-12014.jpg

ChickFilA8-1-12016.jpg

ChickFilA8-1-12019.jpg

ChickFilA8-1-12020.jpg

ChickFilA8-1-12023.jpg

The DJ said cars were lining up the street by 3:00. I know it was a constant stream of cars and people while I was there.

ChickFilA8-1-12011.jpg

ChickFilA8-1-12010.jpg

ChickFilA8-1-12008.jpg

ChickFilA8-1-12024.jpg

ChickFilA8-1-12018.jpg
cutlassgal is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 07:19 AM
  #2  
Moderator
 
oldcutlass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Poteau, Ok
Posts: 32,304
Good for you guys!! Big thumbs up for the reason of the show, not that most of us need an excuse to get out and show our cars.
oldcutlass is online now  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 07:24 AM
  #3  
Always room for one more
 
slantflat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,801
Nice pictures. We always see Teepo, why don't we ever see you and Teepo. That would be a nice picture.
slantflat is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:17 AM
  #4  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: southern New Mexico
Posts: 12,172
Originally Posted by cutlassgal View Post
I'm not gonna get political, lol. Myself, I like Chick-Fil-A food and will continue to eat there. Hope I don't offend anyone....
Don't worry!

Whether one is on one side of the issue or the other regarding the comments made by the owner of the Chick-Fil-A chain, the bottom line for me is that you are supporting his and everyone's right to have an opinion and express it. One doesn't have to agree with him, and one can certainly choose or not choose to patronize the restaurants. But comments such as were made by the Mayors of Chicago and Boston about the business not being welcome in those cities were beyond the pale.
jaunty75 is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:47 AM
  #5  
Site Admin & Motorhead
 
Omicron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 670
Guys, this isn't a political site and lets not go there about who supports who and what. This thread could go downhill quickly, lets leave the politics out of it and stick to cars. No more or we'll have to close it. Thanks.
Omicron is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:51 AM
  #6  
"Car"mudgeon
 
GAOldsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Perry, GA
Posts: 5,191
Great pics Sandy
GAOldsman is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:15 AM
  #7  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: southern New Mexico
Posts: 12,172
Originally Posted by Omicron View Post
Guys, this isn't a political site and lets not go there about who supports who and what.
I understand, but sometimes the two ARE linked.

This particular car show was held with the specific purpose of supporting Chick-fil-A, and the issue is a highly-charged, political one. Merely mentioning the name of the show brings politics into it.

Last edited by jaunty75; August 2nd, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
jaunty75 is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:22 AM
  #8  
car guy
 
gearheads78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 5,524
I gladly waited over an hour in line for my chicken sandwich last night.
gearheads78 is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:29 AM
  #9  
Site Admin & Motorhead
 
Omicron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 670
Originally Posted by jaunty75 View Post
I understand, but sometimes the two ARE linked.

This particular car show was held with the specific purpose of supporting Chick-fil-A, and the issue is a highly-charged, political one. Merely mentioning the name of the show brings politics into it.
Yup I know that, and was at my local one supporting them too. However we're NOT going to allow said highly-charged political discussion here on the site. Thanks for understanding.
Omicron is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 11:06 AM
  #10  
Registered User
 
Nilsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,076
Nice cars,

Eat more chickin.
Nilsson is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 11:46 AM
  #11  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 214
I'm offended... Anyone see how the Ford is parked next to Sandy's car?
oldsmobum is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 03:20 PM
  #12  
Kickin' It Oldschool
 
bdub217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Posts: 422
Originally Posted by oldsmobum View Post
I'm offended... Anyone see how the Ford is parked next to Sandy's car?
lol
bdub217 is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
  #13  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 904
There was another line around the block today at lunch. That being said, wish we had one yesterday....chicken's good, so is free speech.
garys 68 is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
  #14  
Registered User
 
sixty9olds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 207
"I went to Chick-Fila and a cruise broke". Thanks for the great pictures Sandy.
sixty9olds is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
  #15  
Just an Olds Guy
 
Allan R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB. And "I am Can 'eh' jun - eh"
Posts: 23,922
Nice pics Sandy!

That green New Yorker convertible sedan? WOW! Love that style.
Why I see even the PO lice had an entry driving by on the street!

Thanks for sharing, and Pass de chickin please!

So me not knowing about Chick Fil A, how does the taste compare to the Colonel?
Allan R is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
  #16  
Registered User
 
ralsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sunshine Coast
Posts: 318
Nice pics.
I was looking for all the chicks (girls) before noticing that the chick-fila was actually a restaurant.
ralsy is offline  
Old August 2nd, 2012, 07:36 PM
  #17  
Registered User
 
Shelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: near Flint, Michigan
Posts: 55
Nice pics! I'm beginning to notice and appreciate that you post a lot of photos from various car shows. Any chance you'll be driving up to Michigan for Back to the Bricks?
http://www.backtothebricks.org/index2.html
Shelley is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:30 AM
  #18  
Cutlass Lover
Thread Starter
 
cutlassgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twinsburg, Ohio
Posts: 6,587
Thanks all. Sorry I stirred up some politics.....

No, I won't be heading to Michigan. Looks like a pretty cool thing, though. I go to as many shows and cruise in's around here as I can. Seems we have something going just about every night, lol. I love the cars and love being around them. Car people are the best!! I also love sharing the pics with my friends!!
cutlassgal is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:47 AM
  #19  
Oldsdruid
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southside Vajenya
Posts: 6,355
1 character.

Last edited by rocketraider; August 3rd, 2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Just get rid of the whole effin post if you're gonna cut out the meat and taters, or chicken sammitch as the case may be. GW
rocketraider is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 03:05 PM
  #20  
Moderator
 
Lady72nRob71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 11,798
Please - let's keep our comments about the car show pictures only!
Okay, opinions on the food are fine, too...

Great pictures - lots of fine cars there.
Oh - I would have brought a hamburger, as my personal motto is "Eat More BEEF"!
Lady72nRob71 is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 03:51 PM
  #21  
Just an Olds Guy
 
Allan R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB. And "I am Can 'eh' jun - eh"
Posts: 23,922
Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71 View Post
Oh - I would have brought a hamburger, as my personal motto is "Eat More BEEF"!
I think the chikins will love you and endorse your leadership of their union. So how's it feel to be the leader of a chicken outfit???

Allan R is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
  #22  
Registered User
 
Intragration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northlake, IL
Posts: 622
Great pictures, and a great show! I went to a car show that day too.
Intragration is offline  
Old August 4th, 2012, 09:19 AM
  #23  
Registered User
 
Redline442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 33
Around here, Chick-fil-a rules the Colonel!!! Cruisin' Chicken!!!
Redline442 is offline  
Old August 5th, 2012, 06:22 AM
  #24  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 904
Just a completely non-Olds related, non-political note......
At fridays "Kiss-in" In St Louis, there were a total of 3 participants. 3....at a Kiss in...awkward huh?
garys 68 is offline  
Old August 5th, 2012, 10:02 AM
  #25  
Registered User
 
Intragration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northlake, IL
Posts: 622
So more people like car shows. Allan, I didn't see you had asked, Chik-Fil-A is not really a comparison to Kentucky Fried Chicken. KFC has buckets, and they also sell chicken sandwiches. CFA only sells sandwiches I believe. Their sandwiches are pretty good though. I got the spicy one, and it comes with just pickles. I'm guessing that's a southern thing, it was a little different, but I thought it was good. They have this sauce you can put on that is a combo of BBQ and mustard, very tasty. The fries are waffle cut, they're great. I wouldn't probably make the trip, they're a little far from me for some reason, but lately, I've just had this feeling that makes me want to go to Chick-Fil-A.
Intragration is offline  
Old August 5th, 2012, 11:15 AM
  #26  
Registered User
 
442much's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posts: 2,623
Originally Posted by cutlassgal View Post
Here are some pics from the Chick-Fil-A Cruise In I was at last night. I had no idea it was "Support Chick-Fil-A" night over there, lol. Guess it was in the papers and on the national news, but I missed it somehow. Anyhow, there was a little room for us cruisers to park, lol, and a great show of support for the franchise. I'm not gonna get political, lol. Myself, I like Chick-Fil-A food and will continue to eat there. Hope I don't offend anyone....
So what's with Chick-Fil-eh? Is it a business that's going under and people are now supporting it because they didn't realize that and want it around? Is it the best chicken around and that's why the mass support? We don't have Chick-Fil-A in this part of Canada,(perhaps not in Canada at all) so I don't know what's happening. Is it a national fast food franchise or a local mom & pop business? Why would it possibly offend people if you ate there?

Nice pictures BTW.

Last edited by 442much; August 5th, 2012 at 11:18 AM.
442much is offline  
Old August 5th, 2012, 11:22 AM
  #27  
Registered User
 
442much's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posts: 2,623
Hmmmm, after reviewing the thread, pehaps I shouldn't have asked the questions I posted.

UPDATE: Just googled it. Nuff said.

Last edited by 442much; August 5th, 2012 at 11:27 AM.
442much is offline  
Old August 5th, 2012, 02:03 PM
  #28  
"me somebody" site member
 
aliensatemybuick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,588
So how is a discussion of the recently stated for all the world to hear like anyone give's a rat's *ss Chicken-Sh*t-Fil-a CEO's opinons considered politics, anyway? Its no more political that that assisine "What if the South won the Civil War" thread, that was allowed to go on unchecked for page after useless page. I always thought the place served lousy food, so I won't be eating there even if he espoused every political or social view I supported. I'd go to a car show in their lot though...same with Denny's (just wouldn't eat there...and again, because the food there is crap, no other reason).
aliensatemybuick is offline  
Old August 5th, 2012, 02:09 PM
  #29  
Just an Olds Guy
 
Allan R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB. And "I am Can 'eh' jun - eh"
Posts: 23,922
Originally Posted by Intragration View Post
The fries are waffle cut, they're great. I wouldn't probably make the trip, they're a little far from me for some reason, but lately, I've just had this feeling that makes me want to go to Chick-Fil-A.
I know the feeling. Once you find something you like it's like brand loyalty. Have to try them when I get down that way.
Allan R is offline  
Old August 5th, 2012, 02:18 PM
  #30  
"Car"mudgeon
 
GAOldsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Perry, GA
Posts: 5,191
We eat there about once a week for lunch. The daughter works there and she and the TW say they could eat it everyday. They have a decent breakfast menu as well. What can I say, I'm a fat boy and fat boy's gotta eat
GAOldsman is offline  
Old August 5th, 2012, 03:11 PM
  #31  
Registered User
 
Intragration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northlake, IL
Posts: 622
Originally Posted by Allan R View Post
I know the feeling. Once you find something you like it's like brand loyalty
Brand loyalty, exactly.

And Aliens, it's only political if you speak overtly of politics. If I may narrate without getting political....the owner of Chick-Fil-A is being singled out for being a political speaker, even though all he did is voice his personal opinion, but the issue has become highly politicized by mysterious forces that for some reason appear to want to politicize personal views. Again, this is my attempt at de-politicizing it. By even TALKING about it though, agreeing or disagreeing, one runs the risk of appearing to be political, as I am here, and politics are strictly off-limits on the board. But as I said before, I am specifically avoiding being political, and it's perfectly ok to say that you like car shows and Chick-Fil-A sandwiches, if you in fact DO like car shows and Chick-Fil-A sandwiches, so there's a lot of that going on. Apparently you do not like Chick-Fil-A sandwiches, which is entirely your choice to make. Thankfully, we live in a country where we're still free to eat or not eat at Chick-Fil-A, unless you want to eat there in Chicago, in which case you currently have to smuggle it in.
Intragration is offline  
Old August 5th, 2012, 03:20 PM
  #32  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 904
mmmmmm, Dennys "Moons over my hammy" ....Homer Simpson drooling sound.....

Originally Posted by aliensatemybuick View Post
So how is a discussion of the recently stated for all the world to hear like anyone give's a rat's *ss Chicken-Sh*t-Fil-a CEO's opinons considered politics, anyway? Its no more political that that assisine "What if the South won the Civil War" thread, that was allowed to go on unchecked for page after useless page. I always thought the place served lousy food, so I won't be eating there even if he espoused every political or social view I supported. I'd go to a car show in their lot though...same with Denny's (just wouldn't eat there...and again, because the food there is crap, no other reason).
garys 68 is offline  
Old August 5th, 2012, 04:10 PM
  #33  
"me somebody" site member
 
aliensatemybuick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,588
Originally Posted by Intragration
But as I said before, I am specifically avoiding being political, and it's perfectly ok to say that you like car shows and Chick-Fil-A sandwiches, if you in fact DO like car shows and Chick-Fil-A sandwiches, so there's a lot of that going on. Apparently you do not like Chick-Fil-A sandwiches, which is entirely your choice to make.
Yep, and if someone enjoys them, good for them. BUT one thing I have been seeing and do not understand is people going out of there way to go there, who otherwise would not have, BECAUSE of what the CEO said. It almost makes me wonder if the guy is some kind of genius. They say there's no such thing as bad publicity. Also, boycotts generally don't work. So I see no downside for the chain. But I say anyone who goes there to support the CEO's "right to free speech" is being worked like a marionette.
aliensatemybuick is offline  
Old August 5th, 2012, 05:32 PM
  #34  
Connoisseur d'Junque
 
MDchanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Hudson Valley
Posts: 21,180
Alright, if none of the above is political, then neither is this:

[rant]
  1. I never heard of Chick-Fil-A until about a week ago.
    I grew up in NY, have lived in NY, Vermont, Maine, and Italy, and aside from a few drives across country have never been near any of the places where these stores are. Therefore, I have no personal interest in this chain.
  2. When it comes to speech, I'm with Patrick Henry, in that I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
    I have no problem with anyone at any time saying what's on his or her mind, so long as he or she doesn't mind if I return the favor.
    I believe that a democracy can only survive if we can all argue freely with each other about whatever has crawled up our behinds, and that because of that, everybody in a democracy needs to have a fairly thick skin (and that it's getting harder and harder to speak your mind these days because everyone is so darn sensitive and worried about what effect every falling snowflake will have on "the children").
  3. That all being said, my understanding is that this has nothing at all to do with free speech.
    It has to do with money.
    The family that owns this chain has publicly stated that they contribute (lots of) money to certain organizations that work toward certain goals associated with conservative social values.
    Other successful business owners have done the same, such as the Coors brothers, the Koch brothers, and the guy who used to own Dominos Pizza.
    On the other side, Melinda Gates, Steve Jobs, and the guy who owns Replacements Unlimited in North Carolina are happy to very publicly support socially liberal organizations.
    The point is not what someone says, it's what he does.
    In this case, many people don't want their money going into a cash register from which some of it will be donated to causes they oppose. Call it a boycott if you'd like, but it's just a question of where people want their hard-earned dollars to go. I doubt that anyone believes that not buying a single chicken sandwich, or pizza, or piece of china, is really going to affect the World Order. The Right has had the same idea in recent years, and has passed laws in many states that allow union members to hold back the portion of their dues that might be donated to charities with which they disagree. Same thing.
  4. As far as I'm concerned, this is just another extension of the same tensions that go back to before the Civil War.
    I'm sure that if you caught up with a large proportion of white Southerners back in 1858 and asked them what they thought of slavery, many would admit that it had its problems, especially those white Southerners who were part of the majority who didn't even own slaves. BUT, when it came to the North telling them what to do, they were all united in telling the North to bugger off. Same thing with segregation ("Now and Forever!"). It could have been debated by Southerners, but they were damned if they'd let Northerners dictate the rules. As far as I'm concerned, you'd have to be as crazy to be a gay couple in the South as you would to be a fire and brimstone Baptist in New York City.
    So long as we've got uniform rules of commerce, I say states' rights should prevail, and if the residents of any given state don't agree with its laws, they can vote with their feet, which they do already anyway, if you check the census figures.

[/rant]

- Eric
MDchanic is offline  
Old August 5th, 2012, 08:20 PM
  #35  
Kickin' It Oldschool
 
bdub217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Posts: 422
Ya'll be killin' me with all this =) Great read guys. I've ate there maybe once or twice and it's decent. I have no side in the politics of it though, it's all a bunch of he said she said to me.

Eric - you seem cool as all get out! (no homo)




See what I did there?

Last edited by bdub217; August 5th, 2012 at 08:25 PM.
bdub217 is offline  
Old August 5th, 2012, 08:59 PM
  #36  
Registered User
 
Intragration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northlake, IL
Posts: 622
Originally Posted by aliensatemybuick View Post
Yep, and if someone enjoys them, good for them. BUT one thing I have been seeing and do not understand is people going out of there way to go there, who otherwise would not have, BECAUSE of what the CEO said.
It's my opinion, and a non-political one, that the reason people may be going out of their way to go there is NOT because of what the CEO said or did with his money, but because they are upset that a few politicians used extra-legal power as elected officials to prevent restaurants from opening in their communities based on THEIR opinions. Politicians aren't supposed to rule by fiat, they're supposed to rule by law. It's chicken sandwiches this time, what's next? It's something people who drive old, gas-guzzling, high-polluting vehicles ought to think about.
Intragration is offline  
Old August 5th, 2012, 09:49 PM
  #37  
Site Admin & Motorhead
 
Omicron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 670
Knew it couldn't last. Skirting the edge while you say "this isn't political" or "well if the above isn't political" then "rant on" doesn't excuse the fact that the discussion is heading back to politics, and going down hill.

Thread closed, we're done here. Move along.
Omicron is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
cutlassgal
General Discussion
4
May 17th, 2013 06:36 PM
cutlassgal
General Discussion
2
September 14th, 2012 03:18 AM
cutlassgal
General Discussion
4
September 4th, 2012 11:41 AM
cutlassgal
The Clubhouse
6
September 2nd, 2011 06:43 AM
cutlassgal
The Clubhouse
13
August 12th, 2011 10:04 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pics From Chick-Fil-A Cruise In


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.