General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Which Parts Supplier?

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2009, 08:55 AM

Which Parts Supplier?

Since this is my first Olds I have no experience order parts from these Olds suppliers. I first went to Fusick and prices some parts. Then went to The Parts Place and priced the same items. It seems that the Parts Place is lower on every item. Here are a few examples.
65 Hood emblem- Fusick - $33.50 the Parts Place - $29.00
65 Vent window handles - Fusick - $39.95 The Parts Place -$29.00
65 Glove Box lock - Fusick - $46.00 the Parts Place - $39.50 (both OEM)

What am I missing here? It seems that I should order from the Parts Place. Is the quality the same? What is your experience tell you?
Thanks,
rokit
Old June 6th, 2009, 09:02 AM

In a word Fusick is the best ESPECAILLY if there is some error/mistake. They back it up 100%.

Or as grandpa used to say, "Ya get what ya pay fer.............if your lucky"

He also used to say,

"Sometimes if ya get a bargain sonny, ya gets syphillis"
Old June 6th, 2009, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
"Sometimes if ya get a bargain sonny, ya gets syphillis"

Ain't that the truth, grandpa's are smart people. Took me a long time to listen to the words of wisdom. Dumb for a lot of years.

Fusick is A+ in my book. I'll pay the extra for the service its worth it.
Old June 6th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Rdrokit
Since this is my first Olds I have no experience order parts from these Olds suppliers. I first went to Fusick and prices some parts. Then went to The Parts Place and priced the same items. It seems that the Parts Place is lower on every item. Here are a few examples.
65 Hood emblem- Fusick - $33.50 the Parts Place - $29.00
65 Vent window handles - Fusick - $39.95 The Parts Place -$29.00
65 Glove Box lock - Fusick - $46.00 the Parts Place - $39.50 (both OEM)

What am I missing here? It seems that I should order from the Parts Place. Is the quality the same? What is your experience tell you?
Thanks,
rokit
Over the past few years it seems like Fusicks is getting a little more pricey than they used to. Parts place still has great parts - comparible to Fusicks on every level. I've never had a bad experience dealing with Fusicks. But I've heard of a few problems dealing with PP. Not saying don't buy there, obviously if its worth saving like 22 bucks for the same stuff, I'd take a chance on PP. Most of the time they get the order done right. If they don't, they do fix the problem - just not as fast as Fusicks. FYI I will never never never deal with BAP again. They are unreliable, overpriced, unreliable, unfair, gougers in my opinion. I've dealt with them in the past and continue to warn anyone who will listen about them. Your call.
Old June 6th, 2009, 07:33 PM

Thanks Allan R, that is what I wanted to hear. Someone who has done business with both and could give me an honest answer. When I was younger, single and making plenty money I would pay a little extra for good service but now I am married, retired and living on a fixed income so price does make a difference.
Old June 6th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Rdrokit
Thanks Allan R, that is what I wanted to hear. Someone who has done business with both and could give me an honest answer. When I was younger, single and making plenty money I would pay a little extra for good service but now I am married, retired and living on a fixed income so price does make a difference.
While we were scrimping and paying off the mortgage, I can imagine what it might be like to have a fixed income - especially for projects that are dear to your heart.

Let us know if the PP worked out for you. I have every confidence they should be able to meet your expectations in service, delivery and parts. I'll keep watching for your posts.
Old June 8th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by Allan R
Over the past few years it seems like Fusicks is getting a little more pricey than they used to. Parts place still has great parts - comparible to Fusicks on every level. I've never had a bad experience dealing with Fusicks. But I've heard of a few problems dealing with PP. Not saying don't buy there, obviously if its worth saving like 22 bucks for the same stuff, I'd take a chance on PP. Most of the time they get the order done right. If they don't, they do fix the problem - just not as fast as Fusicks. FYI I will never never never deal with BAP again. They are unreliable, overpriced, unreliable, unfair, gougers in my opinion. I've dealt with them in the past and continue to warn anyone who will listen about them. Your call.
X2
Actually, it is not that Fusicks is getting more pricey than others, it is that others like the Parts Place have come along and quite deliberately undercut the long establish vendor like Fusicks. But they don't back up their sales like Fusicks does. And they don't go to all the major Olds meets like Fusicks does.
Old June 8th, 2009, 07:03 AM

Thanks for the info guys. I will try PP on a small order and see how they do. Will let you know the outcome.
Old June 8th, 2009, 08:07 AM

I purchased about $3500.00 worth of parts this winter to freshen up the Animal. The dollar amount was split up between 3 vendors including PP. I had no problems with them so I can't say how they would do if a problem arose. Fusicks is my fav but they tend to be pricey on what would be considered generic stuff.
Old June 8th, 2009, 09:05 AM

Best - Fusicks, Supercars Unlimited

Good - Parts Place

Decent - Paddock

Horrible - OPG, Brothers, Year One

based upon about $30,000 in purchases over the past 20 years.
Old June 8th, 2009, 09:09 AM
car guy

For me Fusicks or OPG. I will not use Parts Place again.
Old June 8th, 2009, 10:47 AM

Fusick - Good
The Paddock - Good
Columbiapartsco.com - Good for metal parts
OPG - Decent
Parts Unlimited - Decent

Parts Place Inc. - Absolutely Horrible Service (They stand behind their suppliers not their customers.)

Parts Purchased over 2-years: $24,463.72

Last edited by #1CutlassSupreme; June 8th, 2009 at 10:50 AM.