General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

parts houses

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2010, 08:31 PM

parts houses

Hey I've got a 1967 98, and having somewhat of a hard time finding some parts for it. I know of Fusik auto and Year One, but they handle mainly 442 and Toronado. Does anybody know of any other parts sites that would handle stuff for a 98?
Old October 26th, 2010, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by hippy72
Hey I've got a 1967 98, and having somewhat of a hard time finding some parts for it.
I have a '67 Delta 88, so I have the same issue. Fusick is fine. Yes, their Cutlass/442 catalog is three times the size of their full-size Olds catalog, but they still have quite a few parts for the big cars. They can be pricey. Year one is fine. You can also try Kanter.com and rockauto.com.

What, specifically, are you looking for? I've found that many mechanical parts (brakes, engine, tune-up) can be gotten right over the counter at your local auto parts store (NAPA, Autozone). You may have to order it and wait a day or two, but that's nothing. Sometimes, such as with Autozone, the part is available through their website but not in the store. So you order it online and wait three or four days.

I've also had good luck with rockauto. They have a huge inventory, and I've found their prices very good.

If you're looking for body and trim parts, forget it. Nobody makes those new for the full-size cars. If you need a bumper or a fender or a door handle or whatever, you'll have to find a good used piece off of a donor car or perhaps find the occasional NOS piece being sold on ebay. I've gotten a few NOS parts on ebay that I would likely never have found in a million years of searching swap meets and calling junkyards.
Old October 26th, 2010, 08:13 AM

parts

yeah the trim and body are the hard ones. Just hoping somebody knew of a place back east that handled stuff like that. haven't found much out west. Thanks for the info.
Old October 26th, 2010, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by hippy72
Just hoping somebody knew of a place back east that handled stuff like that. haven't found much out west.
That's funny. Most of us think of "out west" as where we need to look for these parts because of the dry climate. Everything out east is rusty.
Old October 26th, 2010, 09:26 AM

Most of the cars for sale and the bulk of the olds clubs seem to be in the east and mid-west.
Old October 26th, 2010, 09:32 AM

Good point. All the PEOPLE who collect old cars are in the east. All the CARS they want to collect are in the west.