General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Oldsmobile Filler Panel Repro's - Assistance Needed

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2013, 07:37 AM

Oldsmobile Filler Panel Repro's - Assistance Needed

Hey gang!

You may remember a post I started a while back about having repro quarter fillers made for '75 & '76 Ninety Eights (https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ety-eight.html).

Well, the manufacturer is now making a quality part and I don't think it would have been possible without all of the awesome feedback I got on here. Thank you!!

NOW, for even better news! They are working on more reproduction filler panels for other Oldsmobile models and years.

Here are some updates and questions I received that I need some help answering before they can properly produce and market their new parts:

Updates:
- They just completed the mold for 1976-1977 Cutlass front and rear center fillers.

- They will be starting on 1972 Delta 88 fillers in the next few weeks.

Questions:
- They will be starting on 1974-1975 Cutlass two door full front and rear. Are these the same as the 1976-1977 Cutlass four door rear?

- Another part they are beginning is the 1980-1984 Cutlass four door and salon full front and rear but would you be able to confirm that they are the same (four door and salon).

- They are also hoping to start on the full Toronado line and need any leads on OEM parts to use in making their molds.

If you guys can answer the questions above and possibly help in getting them OEM fillers for Toros which will help them make repros, we'll be doing great. Let me know what you come up with. Thank you all!

John
Old June 14th, 2013, 05:43 AM

BUMP....can anybody answer the question in my original post ?
Old September 18th, 2014, 12:52 PM

Cutlass (and 88) Bumper Filler Reproductions

BUMP...anybody able to help with this ?
Old September 18th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey John! Just saw this post. Sounds like that company is really into helping the Olds community.

re: cutlass fillers. My parts manual only goes up to 1975 on this but it appears the fillers from 74/75 are the same part numbers. (group 7.833)
1973 appears to be a one year only filler due to the design of the side fender and quarters.

Looking at pics of the 76 and 77 Cutlass I'd hazard a guess that they are the same numbers for those respective years.

re: B and C car? The parts manual for those respective years shows different part numbers for each model and year that I can see. I looked at some rear profile pics and the 72/73/74/75 show different styling to match the tail lights. The 75/76 delta model filler panels look identical if that helps.
Old September 19th, 2014, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Hey John! Just saw this post. Sounds like that company is really into helping the Olds community.

re: cutlass fillers. My parts manual only goes up to 1975 on this but it appears the fillers from 74/75 are the same part numbers. (group 7.833)
1973 appears to be a one year only filler due to the design of the side fender and quarters.

Looking at pics of the 76 and 77 Cutlass I'd hazard a guess that they are the same numbers for those respective years.

re: B and C car? The parts manual for those respective years shows different part numbers for each model and year that I can see. I looked at some rear profile pics and the 72/73/74/75 show different styling to match the tail lights. The 75/76 delta model filler panels look identical if that helps.

Hey Allan, how are ya buddy ?

Thanks for the info. I think this will help. Anybody else able to chime in on the items Allan mentioned as well as the rest in my original post?

John