General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

A New Ride!

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2011, 05:09 PM

A New Ride!

I'm certainly NOT jumping ship but.......This Sunday I'm supposed to pick up the latest addition to my stable. How about a 1972 Buick Skylark GS Convertible, un-restored, 31 options, window sticker, special order "Riviera only" paint, and best of all 9700 documented miles. Talk about a time warp! The car is absolutely amazing and other than some hand-rubbing and polishing it is "NEW"!!!!! I've been trying to buy this car for a looooong time and am pretty excited to get it. I contacted the Sloan Museum and have acquired all their supporting paperwork. I will receive the original title, actual window sticker, service records, and will be sure to take pictures of the 94 year old female owner handing me the keys. Hopefully, I can hone my computer skills and post some photos. My heart is still with Oldsmobile but this is one NICE car! Until next time..... Dave.
Old September 9th, 2011, 03:49 AM

Sounds great. Good luck.
Old September 9th, 2011, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Siltman
I'm certainly NOT jumping ship but.......This Sunday I'm supposed to pick up the latest addition to my stable. How about a 1972 Buick Skylark GS Convertible, un-restored, 31 options, window sticker, special order "Riviera only" paint, and best of all 9700 documented miles. Talk about a time warp! The car is absolutely amazing and other than some hand-rubbing and polishing it is "NEW"!!!!! I've been trying to buy this car for a looooong time and am pretty excited to get it. I contacted the Sloan Museum and have acquired all their supporting paperwork. I will receive the original title, actual window sticker, service records, and will be sure to take pictures of the 94 year old female owner handing me the keys. Hopefully, I can hone my computer skills and post some photos. My heart is still with Oldsmobile but this is one NICE car! Until next time..... Dave.
WTG Dave - sounds like a nice "score" - Did A.D.Anderson sell that one too?!
Old September 9th, 2011, 01:39 PM

No Tweed, At that time Anderson only had Oldsmobile. The GS came out of Brooks Buick that used to be in Towson, Maryland. BTW, did anybody see the '72 Hurst Olds Coupe that was on eBay recently? That car was sold at A.D.Anderson City Olds---my brither sold new cars there at that time----I wonder if????????
Old September 9th, 2011, 05:50 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

Sounds like a real cream puff.

As a BOP type person,I'd love to see pics when the new car arrives.
Old September 9th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Dave Siltman
I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't hear your passion. If the same opportunity presented itself to me I wouldn't let the brand be the reason for not buying it either. Great story; can't wait to see some pics. Do you mind me asking what you're going to shell out for this dream car?
Old September 9th, 2011, 06:07 PM
NOVICE car nut

please post pics when you get the chance.... I love Buick GS's
Old September 12th, 2011, 04:39 PM

Well Guys and Gals, "Elvis is in the building"---The G.S. is home with my '69 W-31 and Corvette. The '72 is progressing right along and sooner or later "something's gotta give" 'cause I can only fit three cars in the garage. I'm not planning on selling anything right now, so maybe the 'Vette can go to a friend's house (garage) when the '72 comes back. The G.S. is legally tagged and insured in my name already (I really believe in tagging and insuring ALL my cars) and now the clean-up begins. I clay-barred the hood and polished the front bumper yesterday---the paint shines like a new penny as does the chrome. I wiped down the interior with some very mild cleaner and it literally looks like new, the convertible top is absolutely perfect needing only car wash to make it appear as new. I can't wait to really show you all what I'm talking about, but realistically, I won't be able to get pics up any time real soon. First--I will use my wife's digital camera when she returns from New York. Second--I don't know how, so I'll need help. At least I'll have time to clean it good. Until next time..... Dave.
Old September 13th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Well Dave, some pic's maybe???