General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

new to forum

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2007, 09:14 AM
rohman

new to forum

I just wanted to say "Hey". I just traded my 1968 Firebird in to my classic car guy for 1972 Cutlass Supreme Convertible. It had one owner, 46k miles all documents and all original. It's really nice, very clean and straight. It's flame orange with white top and interior.

I was hesitant at first because my Firebird was a matching numbers frame off resto with 68k miles and was cherry. But now I can't wait to get my Cutlass. Hope to pick it up Friday, weather permitting. I'll post pics ASAP.
Old December 5th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to our site. I wouldn't mind checking that thing out sometime. PM me and let me know if you want to call me or something.
Old December 5th, 2007, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
Welcome to our site. I wouldn't mind checking that thing out sometime. PM me and let me know if you want to call me or something.
Hey Oldsguy, isn't Lees Summit just west of KC? This guy lists near KC area. I can't remember since I no longer travel that area for work, Blue Springs....
Old December 5th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Past Administrator

Lees Summit is in the south east corner of the city, 470 and 350 intersection basically.
Old December 5th, 2007, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
Lees Summit is in the south east corner of the city, 470 and 350 intersection basically.
Must have been Blue Springs.
Old December 6th, 2007, 03:40 AM
Jim's rare 80

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you gave up something big, for something you're unsure about. I'm sure the Olds will win you over. Looking forward to the pics. If you have any doubts, I can send you my address, and I'd be glad to test drive it for you. LOL. Congrats, and best of luck with the new ride. You're at the right place if you have any issues with the car.
Old December 9th, 2007, 04:46 AM
car nut farmer

Hello from another flatlander.
Old December 9th, 2007, 07:20 AM

Welcome!
Old December 10th, 2007, 12:07 PM
rohman

Originally Posted by Jim's rare 80
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you gave up something big, for something you're unsure about. I'm sure the Olds will win you over. Looking forward to the pics. If you have any doubts, I can send you my address, and I'd be glad to test drive it for you. LOL. Congrats, and best of luck with the new ride. You're at the right place if you have any issues with the car.
Thanks for all of the responses. My Firebird was great, but the Cutlass is my baby now. I may be moving in to the garage to save wear and tear on the door hinges from the hourly gawking. Now I just can't wait for spring.
Old January 26th, 2010, 04:11 PM

need shop manual for 67 cutlass 330

New to site... I have a 67 Cutlass Supreme Convertible. Had a 2 barrel carb and intake that was switched out with an Edelbrock performer intake and quadrajet 4 bbl. Going to be adding a new comp cam (260h), lifters, springs, timing chain and gears this weekend... Any expert advice or things any of you have run into ref cams? I am unable to find a shop manual as well. Any help would be appreciated. ***HEADERS: Can't find them... any help other than "custom" would be helpful. Thank you. Joe.
Car has been in the family since day one, and all #'s match.
Old June 8th, 2010, 07:21 AM

Mom of the Olds lover

Hi , As the mom of the olds lover in my family I have inherited a 74 cultass.
Love to add a picture , How ?
Old June 8th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Captain of my ship

If you want to add a pic of the car then when you post a response and open that new window , down under that window you will see ' manage attachments " button. Click on that button and browse your computer for a picture. When you find that then open it and don't forget to click on the upload button. That should help ya out.
Old June 8th, 2010, 08:31 AM

pics 101

When you reply make sure you are in “Advanced” If it says post a “Quick reply” hit “Advanced”

Scroll down below the box you type in and hit “Manage Attachments” A new box will pop up.

Hit “Browse”

The hit “Upload” and wait a few secs for the pics to up load. Then close this box.
Next you can hit “Preview Post and your pictures should be there.

There is a size limit on pics
Old February 24th, 2011, 05:30 AM

In love with a 28 yr old....LOL !!!

I have a 28 yrs old that I have fallen in love with...and my wife hates it....yes its my own delta 88, 1982, 307 block...and I have to say I have a major end plans for her. If anyone knows any spots to get customs grills and interior done let me know. I again will say that she's 28 yrs old and the sexiest thing I have seen in a while..
Old September 20th, 2011, 02:34 PM

Introduction

Hello everyone. I'm new here starting today. I just purchased a 67 Delta 88 convertable that I will be restoring with my 11 year old son (and wife) after I get it back to Wisconsin from Washington. Wife allowed with one rule - had to be a convertible.

This is my first Olds so I have a lot of specifics to learn but look forward to it.

Thanks,
Dave
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:29 PM

I am a new ooldsmobile owner but mine is not as old as the rest of the posters. I own a 87 cutlass supreme that I am about to bring back to original form. i will post pictures in the future, but i am look for an older cutlass around 72 model also
Old September 8th, 2012, 09:57 AM

Hello i am a neewbie(sound like an introduction at an AA meeting)just recently purchased the car i had 33 yrs ago but couldnt afford upkeep back then...a 1968 442 #s matching..many questions to follow after i resear
ch site to find answers already posted
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:40 AM

Another Neewbie

I just wanted to say hi , I'm a neewbie too. I'm not sure if I'm posting properly but here goes ,My Dad and I have just bought a 57 super 88 Coupe that really doesn't look like much at the moment but we're hoping to get it back to near enough to original the best we can over the next few years. I'm here to learn all I can and have been reading others posts for a while as a guest and am thankful for the things I've learnt already.
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:35 AM

Welcome! A very, very smart trade you made!