General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

my new set of pui int came 2 day, im sending back

Search this Thread

Old October 12th, 2010, 10:17 PM

my new set of pui int came 2 day, im sending back

i sold my complete pui int because the shop installed the rear buttons in the wrong place, i just got my new pui int from fusick 2day and im not happy! it looks like the person sewing it was drunk! the rear upper seat zigzags right in the middle twice and the line goes way 2 the left, dead smack in the middle of the seat, the front buckets have smaller zigzags right in the middle and 2 on the outer seam and they were sent in a small box so they had 2 be folded into a square it creased them bad.

this is my 5th set of pui int ive never had 2 send anyhing back, im so let down
Old October 13th, 2010, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by sx455raidercelticfan
i sold my complete pui int because the shop installed the rear buttons in the wrong place, i just got my new pui int from fusick 2day and im not happy! it looks like the person sewing it was drunk! the rear upper seat zigzags right in the middle twice and the line goes way 2 the left, dead smack in the middle of the seat, the front buckets have smaller zigzags right in the middle and 2 on the outer seam and they were sent in a small box so they had 2 be folded into a square it creased them bad.

this is my 5th set of pui int ive never had 2 send anyhing back, im so let down
Buy Legendary -- sooo much better than PUI
Old October 13th, 2010, 10:46 AM

legendary?? ive never heard of it, time 2 google
Old October 13th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Trying to remember member

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...s-quality.html

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...at-covers.html
Old October 13th, 2010, 11:04 AM

Too bad Legendary doesnt make covers for the 67 Sport Coupe. Heard PUI covers are not that good so I guess its a custom job for mine.
Old October 13th, 2010, 11:14 AM

They are called p-u for a reason.
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
Too bad Legendary doesnt make covers for the 67 Sport Coupe. Heard PUI covers are not that good so I guess its a custom job for mine.
quit your crying Joe -- I can see the tears running down your cheek now!!! Like they told you -- just send em some originals and they will duplicate them. Now quit cryin and go out and find them some originals! Waaaaaaaaaaa!! LOL
T.
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:59 PM

If I find some decent covers they can buy em from me or mock up some covers and give em to me to try. he he Guess they arent interested in doing the leg work! My front seat was missing and the back one has covers in pretty bad shape. I will see what the local shop has to say. $$$ Got any tissues?!
Old October 13th, 2010, 01:04 PM

tissues available -- $.25 each - How many do you want.
on the serious side --- you are absolutely correct -- they should give a free set to anyone that supplies them with a template set that they can put into their inventory.
The Right Stuff did that for lots of brake and fuel lines for different appliations!!
There ought to be someone out there that can help? Like I told you --- the original interior out of my original car is still in storage in the guys attic! ITS BLACK TOO!
Old October 13th, 2010, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Chesrown 67 OAI
the original interior out of my original car is still in storage in the guys attic! ITS BLACK TOO!
Well I got a bench front in Champagne but.... there's another reason to raid that guys place! lol
Old October 13th, 2010, 01:32 PM

im glad i ordered threw fusick i just called and they said just email some pics and they will send out replacements and dont worry about sending back the old 1s, thats good service!!!! fusick is #1 in my eyes!

i wish i would of known about legendary b4 i ordered, if my replacements come back perfect ill keep them if not i guess ill throw everything on ebay take a loss and buy from legendary, ive had very good luck with pui in the past, i was shocked how bad these seats were, the bottoms are perfect but the tops are real bad
Old October 13th, 2010, 01:33 PM

Would like to hear how this pans out.....Good Luck, seems things are looking up.
Old October 13th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Getting There

Joe I`ll give ya 5 bucks if you get me the interior out of that attic
Old October 13th, 2010, 04:04 PM

I know company's often change employee's and manufacturing defects do happen with a change in the guard. But as long as Fusick is honoring the issue with replacements free of charge, that's quality customer service by Fusick and PUI IMHO. Obviously PUI will refund them as a vendor with the emailed photographic proof.

Legendary is the only other vendor I'd consider, but I also have PUI and they were flawless.
I got my front and rear seat upholstery dirt cheap through Tamraz ~$348 for both.
I don't think Legendary could have touched that......

Last edited by Aceshigh; October 13th, 2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old October 13th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by Aceshigh

Legendary is the only other vendor I'd consider, but I also have PUI and they were flawless.
From what I understand there are only 2 manufacturers out there, Legendary and PUI. Everyone else that sells them buys from one or the other.
Legendary gets highest feedback, hands down.
In all fairness, Dave Jackson (Fusicks) quite candidly explained in another thread here on CO that the only reason they don't use Legendary is that they can't buy at a discount, so it doesn't make good business sense to carry them.
Fusicks is top shelf. I doubt that other PUI sellers will back them up the way Fusicks does.
Old October 14th, 2010, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
I waited for over a year on the promise from Legendary that they were gonna start making
the '67 coupe interior. Never happened. I needed the 2-tone blue bucket seat interior.
Ended up getting raped for a custom made set by an outfit in Phillie.
Got a half-a$$ed job and had to pay shipping to boot.
Old October 15th, 2010, 05:35 PM

I've just re-covered my seats with PUI and I am more than happy with the result and I wouldn't have any problem recommending them.
Old October 15th, 2010, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by YukonOlds
I've just re-covered my seats with PUI and I am more than happy with the result and I wouldn't have any problem recommending them.
Thats good to hear. My shop will decide wether to sew mine up or try PUI.... I would think if Legendary was really interested in doin the 67 covers they would get a set from PUI and improve on them to meet their standards. I dont think they are really interested in doing the 67 Sport Coupe covers....
Old October 15th, 2010, 06:38 PM

I have PUI in a 71 supreme with the bench center arm rest seat and I am very pleased, with the look and fit.
Old October 15th, 2010, 07:13 PM

I need to buy a complete interior except the front seats. Year One sells PUI & with thier "pretty much everyday" 20% off sales they blow Legendary's prices away. I've e-mailed Legendary numerous times to try & get them to match the price & they won't even e-mail me back. I live 20 minutes from Legendary & would very much like to do business with them. I'd even pay more. Right now they are over $200 more than YO. It also sucks that they have to charge me sales tax at over 8% (not their fault, I know). Shipping from YO is less than that tax.

When times were good Legendary would pop in on ROP & offer at least a 10% discount now & again. I haven't been around here long enough to know if they did it here on ClassicOlds. I haven't seen them do it in a couple of years.
Old October 15th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Senior Moment Member

Legendary. Yup.

By z11375ss at 2010-04-24
Old October 15th, 2010, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by allyolds68
I need to buy a complete interior except the front seats. Year One sells PUI & with thier "pretty much everyday" 20% off sales they blow Legendary's prices away. I've e-mailed Legendary numerous times to try & get them to match the price & they won't even e-mail me back. I live 20 minutes from Legendary & would very much like to do business with them. I'd even pay more. Right now they are over $200 more than YO. It also sucks that they have to charge me sales tax at over 8% (not their fault, I know). Shipping from YO is less than that tax.

When times were good Legendary would pop in on ROP & offer at least a 10% discount now & again. I haven't been around here long enough to know if they did it here on ClassicOlds. I haven't seen them do it in a couple of years.
i just had the same problem i didnt want 2 pay CA sales tax on a item because it pushed the price up, what i did was have my cousin in boston pay on his credit card than he called and asked 2 have me pic it up 2 save on shipping, it worked out great!! i got thw item with out the sales tax im sure theres away for you 2 get around it with legendary
Old December 10th, 2010, 08:46 PM

well i finaly got my replacement pui upper seats from fusick it took 4 ever for pui 2 resend them 2 fusick!!! 1 of the front uppers is garbage again!! drunk crooked stitching!!! the other upper bucket and upper rear are ALOT better than the 1st ones but there still not good enough 2 go in my sx!!!

ILL BE ORDERING LEGENDARY INT MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!

im going 2 take a loss instead of send it back 2 fusick i like them alot and they did there part they had pui replace the int and pui sent **** again!!!! I WILL NEVER EVER EVER RECOMMEND PUI INT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ill post pics in a hour or 2
Old December 10th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I bleed Oldsmobile

Put them on Ebay and hope for the best............
Old December 10th, 2010, 09:54 PM

these are just a couple of the crooked stiches!! there are more than 1 on each of the tops!! the worst 1 was there replacement, LOL!! what kind of business (pui) sends a piece of chit cover 2 replace a messed up cover?? the crooked stiches are not just crooked stiches they make the material pinch and it wont lay down flat, the bad part is the bottoms are PERFECT!!!!!!!! if only the tops looked like the bottoms

just so theres no misunderstanding this is not fusicks fault!! pui is 2 blame for the quality!! steve at fusick did his part 100% he kept me updated with phone calls/emails and shipped the replacement covers out 2 me the day after he recieved them!! fusicks parts/customer service is the best #1!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
012 (2).JPG (138.3 KB, 50 views)
013 (2).JPG (157.8 KB, 44 views)
014 (2).JPG (142.1 KB, 41 views)
015 (2).JPG (142.7 KB, 32 views)
016 (2).JPG (146.0 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by sx455raidercelticfan; December 10th, 2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old December 12th, 2010, 02:54 PM

these are just a couple of the crooked stiches!! there are more than 1 on each of the tops!! the worst 1 was there replacement, LOL!! what kind of business (pui) sends a piece of chit cover 2 replace a messed up cover?? the crooked stiches are not just crooked stiches they make the material pinch and it wont lay down flat, the bad part is the bottoms are PERFECT!!!!!!!! if only the tops looked like the bottoms

just so theres no misunderstanding this is not fusicks fault!! pui is 2 blame for the quality!! steve at fusick did his part 100% he kept me updated with phone calls/emails and shipped the replacement covers out 2 me the day after he recieved them!! fusicks parts/customer service is the best #1!!
Like most people, I've been very pleased with the quality of Fusick's products and service,
but, I haven't bought upholstery products from them.
PUI's lack of quality has been a consistent complaint by many people for a long time.
By continuing to deal in PUI's consistently inferior products and not demanding improvement from PUI,
I feel they should share in the blame for your hassles.
Old December 12th, 2010, 04:41 PM

If PUI sent the replacement covers to Fusick, and then Fusick sent them to you, then they are to blame as well. Fusick, knowing that they were replacement covers should have opened up the package and made sure they were correct (Stevie Wonder could tell that those were messed up) before they shipped them on to you. If I were you I would send both sets back to Fusick and request a refund on both. You'll probably lose shipping both ways but I can't imagine you will get much for messed up covers on Ebay. If you are worried about Fusick getting stuck with the cost of the covers, I am sure they can charge PUI back for them.
Old December 12th, 2010, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by z11375ss
Legendary. Yup.

By z11375ss at 2010-04-24
And not to hijack this thread or anything, but can anyone tell me why the steering columns in the Willow Gold interior cars were that god-awful color?

Mine is the same color, but my dash and A-pillars are Medium Dark Gold as I have a convertible. Steering column looks horrible in mine. Seems to me they should be the same color as the metal lower part of the dash.
Old December 13th, 2010, 07:35 AM

ILL BE ORDERING LEGENDARY INT MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!
I think Legendary is running their 20% off Holiday Sale right now so it's a good time to order.