General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Meeting fellow Forum members

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2016, 06:52 AM

Thumbs up Meeting fellow Forum members

I had a great pleasure this week end in meeting 2blu442 aka John. I drove 9 hours each way to pick up some parts he had for my restoration and was worth every mile. He is a stand up person and fun to be around. He was more than fair for what I needed and surprised me on a couple of items he had and will be needing in the future.
John has more parts and pieces and Oldsmobile's then I could have imagined in one small place. It was "American Pickers" on Oldsmobile steroids. Everywhere you looked, I had a blast! He said it was a mess and he will be organizing after retirement but knew where it was when I asked if he had certain parts. Just amazing!
After we made the deal and loaded me up he took me out for dinner to a great restaurant. Had a good time talking about this forum, my restoration, and his plans.

John
Thank you for a great afternoon and evening! You are a great inspiration to this forum and why I feel at home here.
Old November 21st, 2016, 08:24 AM
Randy C.

X2 and then some! I've had occasion to work with John several times and am always nothing short of amazed on all the great things he does for us Olds owners! He's a great person and is a wealth of Olds knowledge (and parts!).

Randy C.
Old November 21st, 2016, 11:15 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

John is a great guy.

I am that much poorer for living on the East Coast, and not yet having been able to meet him in person.

- Eric
Old November 21st, 2016, 12:15 PM

I've bought parts from John before. Truly one of the nicest and fairest people I have ever dealt with. I always check with him first for parts and stuff.
Old November 22nd, 2016, 07:32 AM

It was good meeting you Tony! Thank you for the praise guys. Part of what makes this hobby fun is the friendships we build with others who love the Oldsmobile brand.

John