General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Inline Tube vs. CrapBay

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2017, 04:51 PM
1967 442

Update: I was mistaken. PayPal stepped up for me. After passing all the documentation to them, they gave Inline a chance to respond/fight. 3wks and many failed attempts for Inline to respond to PayPal.......
Attached Images
Old June 2nd, 2017, 05:24 PM

Thaaats nice

Congratulations. Benefits of using PayPal.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 06:42 PM

You have beaten the Inline *****! Your name will be known throughout the land! Small children will pretend to be you in mock battles with them for generations! Be proud, and be known.
Old June 4th, 2017, 12:24 PM

Ebay Lug nuts

I bought a whole set off EBAY forget the brand . Everyone failed when tightened. I went to local speed shop and bought Gorilla Brand and every one was fine . There is a lot of crap out there and sometimes you step in it!
Zacc
Old June 5th, 2017, 07:30 AM

Jeff, good to hear they made it right. That's definitely a bummer that you had to jump through hoops of fire to get your money back though.
Old June 5th, 2017, 08:57 AM

About 2 weeks ago, I ask a question of inline of the country of origin for their SSII and SSIII lug nuts they list for sale on ebay.
They have NOT provided an answer as of yet.
I'm thinking that they are fully aware that the lug nuts are crap and they will not give the answer that they are China crap.
Buyer beware!!
Old June 7th, 2017, 07:04 PM

Inlinetube, motorcitysupercars, and motorcitymusclecars are all seller names related to Inline Tube out of southeastern Michigan. I've had several issues with parts from them. They have not been easy to deal with on returns. Had to use eBay as well as PayPal to step in and force refunds on them. And, if you give any negative feedback, they ban you as a buyer from them. That way, they keep their feedback ratings higher. If you buy from any of the Inline Tube affiliated sellers on eBay, immediately check your parts for fit, conformity, and performance. Buyer Beware.
Old June 14th, 2020, 07:21 AM

As I had mentioned back on February 12st, make your own. I used https://brakequip.com/corporate-buyer/
Old June 14th, 2020, 09:10 PM
Phantom Phixer

I need the two brake lines on the rear axle on my '63 Dynamic 88 .
I called Inline Tube , and they said they would only sell a complete set .
It's a New Mexico car and all I need are the rear axle lines , because they were damaged by towing hooks in the past .
The rest of the lines are perfect .

Does anybody know of any other company that is reproducing pre-bent brake lines ?
With all the bad vibes I get about Inline Tube , I'm really reluctant to buy a whole set of brake lines from them .
Old June 15th, 2020, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Jones
It's a New Mexico car and all I need are the rear axle lines , because they were damaged by towing hooks in the past .

Does anybody know of any other company that is reproducing pre-bent brake lines ?
With all the bad vibes I get about Inline Tube , I'm really reluctant to buy a whole set of brake lines from them .
Check with Right Stuff Detailing
Old June 15th, 2020, 04:41 PM

Do you have a picture of the shape? I have a set that I "think" are for a 62 Jetstar. If they are and if that would be the same as 63 then I have them. Need a measurement and a picture. May be easier to use email. jensenracing77@yahoo.com
Old June 15th, 2020, 04:48 PM

Do any of these look correct?

Old June 15th, 2020, 04:49 PM
Phantom Phixer

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
Do you have a picture of the shape? I have a set that I "think" are for a 62 Jetstar. If they are and if that would be the same as 63 then I have them. Need a measurement and a picture. May be easier to u/se email. jensenracing77@yahoo.com
62 JetStar ?
I have a full-size car .
Old June 15th, 2020, 04:55 PM

62 JetStar ?
I have a full-size car .
Jetstar is a full size car. I think it was Jetstar 88
Old June 15th, 2020, 04:57 PM

Maybe they didn't make a Jetstar in 62? Either way, I know these are for big car, just not sure the year
Old June 15th, 2020, 05:00 PM
Phantom Phixer

I will get some pictures of the lines I need tomorrow at the shop .
Old June 15th, 2020, 05:49 PM
O'smobile

Inline Quality

Received various bits from them recently with no issues but I didn't get lug nuts. It was pcv tubes and rubber elbows. Complete stainless tubing from front to rear from them in the past was no problem either.
I will have a friend at SEMA in a couple months. He will pay them a visit. They will get the message from the auto industry real clear: Quality Assurance is not a river in Egypt.
I don't blame China, it is the companies that expect cheap part prices with monster price margins.
Old June 28th, 2020, 10:49 AM

About a year and a half ago I bought a bellhousing dust shield from Inline. It looked perfect when I got it and was very happy. Yesterday I finally got around to installing it. It wouldn’t line up with any of the bolt holes as it was made about a quarter of an inch too long. I had to cut and trim it to line up with the bolt holes. That was a bitch to do right. Now the damn hole for the starter is too high and no way will the starter go in. So I had to file the hole in the starter down. The starter barely comes out because it is so tight to the cross member and holding a 30 pound starter up time and time again to finally get it to fit was another bitch. If I could get my hands on the SOB that made this shield I would shove so far up his a$$ he could swallow it. I have a feeling these are made in China because I think they use yard sticks to measure prototypes.