General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Good price for a set of parts?

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2013, 06:55 PM

Good price for a set of parts?

Hey folks,

I've bumped into someone parting a '72 delta 88 royale, and I asked for all the internal courtesy lenses + housings, plus the hood release handle, and the taillights. Guy wants $350 for everything. Haven't seen any pics yet, but I'm going to ask for some because I wanna make sure stuff isn't pitted. Is this a fair price? So far I wasn't very successful in finding the internal lights and tails for this car, but haven't really looked hard for it...

Thanks,

Dante
Old November 1st, 2013, 07:33 PM
Just an Olds Guy

That price sounds high unless he's selling you the whole car. The courtesy light harness is very similar to the A body one and is not that expensive - around 25.00. Tail lights? Maybe 30 - 35 / side (high retail - 60/side) if in good shape. Check this link: Olds lights and Trim

What lenses are you talking about? Dome light and sail panel? Check with Eric Jensen (jensenracing77) or Scott Winn (oldspackrat). They may have the parts you're looking for at a much better price.
Old November 1st, 2013, 07:47 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by dantecl
Is this a fair price?
Not in my book. It's insane.

You could buy all new parts from Fusick for that much money.

These are junkyard items that should cost about $20 for the whole armload.

- Eric
Old November 1st, 2013, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by dantecl
Hey folks,

I've bumped into someone parting a '72 delta 88 royale, and I asked for all the internal courtesy lenses + housings, plus the hood release handle, and the taillights. Guy wants $350 for everything. Haven't seen any pics yet, but I'm going to ask for some because I wanna make sure stuff isn't pitted. Is this a fair price? So far I wasn't very successful in finding the internal lights and tails for this car, but haven't really looked hard for it...

Thanks,

Dante
What do you mean by all internal courtesy lights do you mean the ones in front under dash lh rh,if so i have those and hood release handle i have that also i'm parting a 1974 delta 88 royale convertible.
Old November 1st, 2013, 08:00 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by MDchanic
You could buy all new parts from Fusick for that much money.These are junkyard items that should cost about $20 for the whole armload.
Only up to a point Eric. The lenses are repopped at reasonable prices, but the tail lights are not. Getting harder to find these boats in the boneyard now.

Originally Posted by nsnarsk65cutlass
i'm parting a 1974 delta 88 royale convertible.
If you have the front ashtray and seat belt holders (top outer side of seat back), please give AZ455 a pm and let him know? He told me he was looking for that stuff a while back.
Old November 1st, 2013, 08:42 PM

I agree with the other guys that the prices are high. But getting harder to find. If nsnarsk65cutlass doesn't have what you need, would you post pictures of your light fixtures so we can try to match the lenses for you?