General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Fascinating boneyard pictures.

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2008, 08:54 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Fascinating boneyard pictures.

South Bay Canada

http://www.thelincolnforum.net/phpbb...st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Old February 2nd, 2008, 09:24 AM

Boneyard

I've hunted stuff up in a lot of boneyard's. My first was Al's Auto Graveyard In Cicero on Ogden Ave

Been to many around the country since.

I like the Merc with the tree, had a 56 Chevy up here same picture different car. Very cool post. It's all in the hunt, Love it!

Some photo's In Jackson, New Jersey it's Vintage or Unique Auto Parts can't remember. John is the owner. This when when i got my 46 Buick Ragtop
DSCN1219-1.jpg
DSCN1221.jpg
DSCN1222-1.jpg
DSCN1224-1.jpg
DSCN1229-1.jpg
DSCN1231.jpg
DSCN1707.jpg
New Jersey to Minnesota it's a drive, it made it to the garage. The other car is a 34 Buick street rod from Connecticut both were from ebay auctions. My 50 Olds coupe is ebay also i hired that one trailered, cheaper sometimes

Last edited by Nailhead 88; February 2nd, 2008 at 10:09 AM. Reason: ad
Old February 2nd, 2008, 09:30 AM

I wish we had a yard like that around here....
Old February 2nd, 2008, 12:30 PM
dar83501

that was more depressing than if you had linked a couple hundred pictures of dead kittens or something....J, I hate you.

Old February 2nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Holy crap Nailhead, is that first one A Roadmaster?

Your car is definitely a head turner as is.

Now all you have to do is power up the elbows and throw money at em'
Old February 2nd, 2008, 03:28 PM
New 4-4-2 Owner

wow! lots of vintage iron in all those photos. Makes me a little nausiated looking at all of those proud cars just waiting for restoration! You can almost hear them begging to be restored. Love classic car junk yards, errr.. more like grave yards. If they could only talk, imagine the stories these cars would tell!! SAVE Them dont scrap them..
Old February 2nd, 2008, 08:12 PM

No Roadmaster

Originally Posted by J-(Chicago)
Holy crap Nailhead, is that first one A Roadmaster?

Your car is definitely a head turner as is.

Now all you have to do is power up the elbows and throw money at em'
Roadmaster's started in 1936. It's a 46 Buick Super, just sold it to a guy in Jonesboro, Arkansas.

Getting ready to work on the 50 Olds coupe, should be here in a couple of days
Old February 3rd, 2008, 01:32 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

In the first picture you posted?
Old February 3rd, 2008, 05:26 AM

In the first picture you posted?
The Blue one, 1958 Roadmaster Series 75 Limited. Weight 4,600 to 4,700
Old February 3rd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Ever since I was a kid my dad wanted one of those 58's to fix up like new again.
I had been looking a few years back to find one to surprise him with. Then unfortunately I had to spend the fund on an operation because I had a stone stuck between my kidney and bladder.

I didn't want to spend it, and went through 3 months of throwing up and agonizing pain before I finally caved. The docs thought me an idiot of course and said I was damaging my kidney.

So after that, I started saving again, but my old man has bad diabetes now and really shaky hands. Says he doesn't even want to look at cars anymore. He gave me his wipers and headlight bulbs the other day hahaha. I thought it was funny and kinda depressing at the same time. The king of the Olds wagons when I was a little kid, farming out the simplest job to the feeble child. Life goes on I guess.
I saved your Roadmaster picture and I'm gonna sneak it on his computer desktop background
Old February 3rd, 2008, 01:16 PM
dar83501

i know how that goes J. If I ever won the lottery I'd track down my dad's old Ford 428 Police Interceptor motor that he had in his pickup...he loved that truck to death. hard times came by and he had to sell it, i know it killed him to sign that title over.

Now the truck sits behind a shed, with a bunch of **** piled on top of it. It infuriates me.

Old February 3rd, 2008, 09:13 PM

Car Photos

Google > Ken Leonard & Dave Lindsay two California Photographers with Great Car photos. Bring a Lunch theres Thousands of photos

Olds, Buick's and everything under the Sun if you haven't seen there work - it's worth it!

J Chicago > Dave has a Black Beauty, a 58 Buick Hardtop Estate Wagon > Very Striking! Your Dad might like it
A couple more for your Dad
DSCN1220.jpg
DSCN1228-1.jpg

Last edited by Nailhead 88; February 3rd, 2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: ad
Old February 3rd, 2008, 10:39 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Oh yeah that wagon is a beauty. You shoulda seen my dad smilin' away with his little laptop. He wasn't even paying attention to the superbowl, haha.
Old February 4th, 2008, 09:17 AM

Oh yeah that wagon is a beauty. You shoulda seen my dad smilin' away with his little laptop. He wasn't even paying attention to the superbowl, haha.
Yep, thats a Stunning car
Old February 5th, 2008, 07:01 AM

WE have a few good ones around here. Some are too expensive
Old February 6th, 2008, 05:31 AM
car nut farmer

There was a yard like that near me, east of Altoona, KS. Must have covered nearly 30 acres, bumper to bumper of 40s-60s cars. The owner lived in a shack just to the east in a thicket of brush and timber and nursed a grudge against the world. I drove by it going to and from college in the early '80s. Then one time every car was gone!! I've a friend who managed to gain access and retrieve some parts for his two '66 chevelles. I asked him what happened and he said a collector bought the lot of them. :-(

.....atleast they weren't crushed.
Old February 6th, 2008, 09:59 AM
rohman

those pics make me want to cry. where's the love? what a waste.
Old February 6th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Originally Posted by rohman
where's the love? .
Unfortunately, they are all screaming "Where's the money?" , too It would take me 3 lifetimes to fix up all of those junks, and even then, I could only drive one at a time.
Old February 6th, 2008, 03:02 PM
GM Enthusiast

Great pics. I have not seen cars like that in boneyards around here since the 1980's. We have a decent amount of yards here on Long Island, but none of them has old cars like that, it is just newer cars. Very boring. If I lived next to that boneyard with all those old beauties, I would try to take one or two of them home with me which means I probably should just pick up that casket for me as well when my wife sees them! LOL

Thanks for sending them along.
Old February 6th, 2008, 03:10 PM
dar83501

I would call those boneyards "Midnight Auto Sales"

Bring a trailor, a quiet truck, and a kevlar vest that repels 12 gauge shotgun shells at moderate range.

Old February 7th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Past Administrator

The yard that I bought my '46 from looks similar to those pictured. The owner really has had some visitors around midnight, occasionally. The north edge of the yard is about 150 yards from a local county road and his building is on the east side perpendicular to the road so he can't observe intruders from that direction. He said he has lost some stuff in the past. He allows cows to graze in the area (believe it!) and I would think seeing a dark shape moving about in the night might spook someone especially if they are from the city. Maybe they are his watch dogs.......
Old February 7th, 2008, 02:39 PM
dar83501

Cows are an excellent deterrant. Ever try to fish in an area with any number of cows in it? you can't have waders on..you gotta be ready to get up and take off running any minute.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 03:00 PM

Boneyard Pics

Incredible boneyard pictures. It is sad to see all those cars, especially when you think that everyone of them has a story, a history. There was a day when someone proudly drove each of them off a new car dealer lot. They may have been a family car, a first car, or a last car. Purchased by a young person, or a not-so-young person. They may have had a single owner, or several owners; been well cared for or abused. Every owner could have been a stranger, or they could have passed from family member to family member. Their story could be uneventful or full of excitement. They may have been driven just around town or across the country. They may have been used for business or just pleasure. Unfortunately, once they hit the boneyard, no one will ever know their story, but when one gets saved, recovered from the boneyard and restored, a whole new story begins. Sadly, though, they cannot all be saved, and that is our loss.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 04:37 PM

My husband and I own Big M Auto Dismantlers in Williams, Ca. We have over 800 cars from 1949 - 1977. Mostly are Ford and Mopar, but we have quite a few Oldsmobile, Buicks, and Pontiacs. We sell complete cars and parts off. We enjoy having people come by and look. We do phone orders also. If there is a particular car you are looking for, you can e-mail my husband John at bigmauto@colusanet.com, or call us at (530)473-2225.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 05:17 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Originally Posted by tndrtgr
My husband and I own Big M Auto Dismantlers in Williams, Ca. We have over 800 cars from 1949 - 1977. Mostly are Ford and Mopar, but we have quite a few Oldsmobile, Buicks, and Pontiacs. We sell complete cars and parts off. We enjoy having people come by and look. We do phone orders also. If there is a particular car you are looking for, you can e-mail my husband John at bigmauto@colusanet.com, or call us at (530)473-2225.
That's AWESOME! Do you folks have the cars and their part conditions all organized? I'm sure if you comprised a list of your Oldsmobiles and available parts, we could probably put a "Sticky" post on the parts forum for people to shop at.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
Rocketeer Jr.

That's AWESOME! Do you folks have the cars and their part conditions all organized? I'm sure if you comprised a list of your Oldsmobiles and available parts, we could probably put a "Sticky" post on the parts forum for people to shop at.

Boy Howdy! I'd like to see that list!

Oh, and M'lisa , please don't list all 800 cars on your signature bar, LOL, Jeff

Last edited by jeffrey; March 3rd, 2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old January 16th, 2009, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by J
[URL
http://www.thelincolnforum.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=24423&st=0&sk=t&sd=a[/url]
Wow!!!
Old January 18th, 2009, 09:30 AM

Check out www.ctcautoranch.com it is right outside Denton, Tx off I-35.