General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Does anyone know anything about the 1963 olds F-85??

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2012, 11:21 AM

Does anyone know anything about the 1963 olds F-85??

i am on my fathers account and i bought a 63 olds about 3 years ago and cant find much info on it. So if anyone knows anything i would really appreciate all feedback. Thanks
Old January 6th, 2012, 11:22 AM
delete

What would you like to know?
Old January 6th, 2012, 11:23 AM

everything you know i dont know anything about it except it looks cool.
Old January 6th, 2012, 11:23 AM

where can i find parts for it?
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by terryp
everything you know i dont know anything about it except it looks cool.
Well, the Vulcan mind meld seems to be out of order today, so we can't just beam all the information into your brain.

The first batch of data I will upload when it is fixed, though, is about something called "punctuation."
Throughout written history, people have used this thing called "punctuation" to make their written thoughts comprehensible to others, or as the jingle from "The Electric Company" went, "to help a sentence make more sense."

Either you have asked us to provide you with "everything [we] know," which, by the way, is a taller order than you might realize, and could exceed the capacity of the receiving vessel, or you have colloquially written "Everything, you know?" which could represent the sort of literary exaggeration in which we all indulge from time to time.

Anyway, in an effort to begin to provide you with everything we know, you may read the 1963 service manuals here. If you're going to work on the car, you should really purchase hard copies (available from automotive literature dealers and on eBay), but you can absorb the information online for free.

There is much more, of course, but at least that's a start. Let us know when you finish.

Originally Posted by terryp
where can i find parts for it?
Most mechanical parts can be ordered through your local auto parts store, though that car is getting to the point in age where a lot of them might not be in stock.

For appearance, interior, and body items, Fusick is a high quality and reliable source for you to explore. Their catalogue is here.

Enjoy your reading!

... And Welcome to Classic Oldsmobile!

- Eric
Old January 8th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by MDchanic
Most mechanical parts can be ordered through your local auto parts store, though that car is getting to the point in age where a lot of them might not be in stock.

For appearance, interior, and body items, Fusick is a high quality and reliable source for you to explore. Their catalogue is here.

- Eric
Actually, not so much. The 1961-63 F-85 and Buick Skylark are unique. They are unibody and are actually based on the Corvair platform. NOTHING interchanges with later model Cutlii (except the distributor cap). Parts are nearly unobtainable for these cars. Your best bet for suspension, steering, and brake parts is Kanter. Fusick has VERY little for these cars, unfortunately. About the only thing you can find easily are engine parts, mainly because the aluminum 215 was sold to Rover and built by them for nearly four decades after GM stopped using it.