General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Calling all cars

Old October 16th, 2009, 03:33 PM

Calling all cars

Check this out. http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...ower-expy.html
Old October 16th, 2009, 03:39 PM

Judging by the licence plate. The owner should be a member here.
Too bad though that dirt bags also know that Oldsmobiles rule.
Old October 16th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Carry a gun anyway. There are 3 million people in Chicago. How many do you trust?
Old October 16th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 68conv455
Judging by the licence plate. The owner should be a member here.
i doubt they were a member.

it was a donkmobile that got snagged
Old October 16th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Cutlass Lover

My God! Thats just terrible. Remind me never to get out of my car if she breaks down, or to be calling 911 as I pull over, just in case. Be worth the fine for calling just to make sure she doesn't get stolen, or worse, that they would hurt me. That's scary. I never thought about something like that. I should get some mace or something to carry with me. Remember when you could trust people?
What's really scary is what some of the people out there think - like the one that made this remark in the comments about that article.

nosnitching on October 16, 2009 11:15 AM
he had something nice. they didn't. why should he be the only one to have something nice and not them. so, they took it. what's the problem there? they needed a car bailout. so, they took it from him. so, what's the problem there? there's plenty of cars to go around. the guy should go out and get another one. all this whining for what? i feel bad that these guys had to actually go out and get the car from the guy. we should just make sure everyone in america has a car. it's their birthright as an american. perpetual war and free autos. that's the american way!

I can't stand people who think someone "owes" them something. I've worked hard for what I have, and for someone to think they should be able to just take it - whatever it is - because they don't have anything, really pi$$es me off. First of all, get an education so you don't sound like an idiot; then get a friggin job so you can have something nice; pay your taxes like the rest of us do; Get your head out of your a$$ and pay attention. Get a life. Life is what you make it. No one ever said it would be easy, and a lot of times, it's not, but that doesn't give anyone the right to take something from someone, or to think it's ok to do that.
Sorry - I didn't mean to ramble on like that! There are only a few things that get me fired up, and people who think like the one that wrote that comment really trips my trigger!!!
Hang on to those trophies Bluevista, or I might have to come and take them from you! But it will be ok - what's the problem with that??
Old October 16th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by agtw31
i doubt they were a member.

it was a donkmobile that got snagged
I tend to agree with you. 24" wheels would do it. Chances are that it was also not the same paint scheme or interior that we'd expect in a classic. More likely a blinged up "pimpmobile".
Originally Posted by OLDSRALLYE350
By the sounds of the police report, the picture of the "jacked" car wasn't anywhere close to being this classic. The pic shown here would be worth fighting for; and a fair target for cutlassgal's editorial. Not bad Sandy, nice to see that you have a passion for a real classic. It would be interesting to see what gets recovered.
Old October 16th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Cutlass Lover

Sorry!! It was just that persons comment that ticked me off. I just don't understand what people think, or how they think, or if they think! I'm glad it wasn't a car like in the picture, but none the less, it was someone's car, and maybe it meant as much to him as mine does to me. People who make comments like in that article, that just don't see the wrong, or the problem with what they're saying, just makes me crazy! As Ron White would say, YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!! I think it's time to call it a night!
Old October 16th, 2009, 09:22 PM

Sandy let me put it to you like this. If you get a flat don't stop until you KNOW you are in a safe area. A flat will not stop them from jacking you so don't be afraid to drive on it. A rim can be replaced easily.
If you are locked in your car they will just hold you up and take it anyway. Keep that in mind.
And I concur that the 24" rims had much to do with the heist.
Old October 17th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Captain of my ship

Rims aside the bottom line here is that someone else's property was stolen. With the state of the economy and high unemployment you may find that theft will be on the increase and considering that a lot more guns have been sold since Obama got in power you may also find an increase in shootings. the law states in most states that you have the right to protect your property and in 23 states you are allowed to shoot to kill anyone on your property even if they are unarmed and fleeing. CROOKS BEWARE IS IT WORTH YOUR LIFE. I think that a few publisized cases of this happening may help to deter theft. It is unfortunate that it probably will happen but the law is the law bottom line.
Old October 17th, 2009, 06:03 AM
car nut farmer

A bling machine is the THING!!!

srsly, whenever I see it done to an olds I ask myself "Why??"
Old October 17th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wolfman98
With the state of the economy and high unemployment you may find that theft will be on the increase and considering that a lot more guns have been sold since Obama got in power you may also find an increase in shootings.
this kind of alarmist propaganda is getting ridiculous.

you cant blame crime on one guy

give it a break,will you?
Old October 17th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by agtw31
this kind of alarmist propaganda is getting ridiculous.

you cant blame crime on one guy

give it a break,will you?
Sorry you may have misunderstood my intention, I was only stating facts about more gun sales plus the history between high unemployment for long periods and higher crime rates. the crime of choice is theft which typically ( but not necessarily ) increases.
I did not intend to connect Obama to the poor economy nor to increased crime so I apologize for any misconceptions that I may have promoted due to not being clear.
What would be nice to see is new buisness seting up in areas that really need it. The gov. can't keep extending benefits forever and people get frustrated.
Old October 17th, 2009, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by J-(Chicago)
Carry a gun anyway. There are 3 million people in Chicago. How many do you trust?
'Nuff said - true for the dallas area also. I like our castle laws!
I am surprised the thugs did not shoot the owner even though they got the car - it happens a lot around here...
Old October 17th, 2009, 07:16 AM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by wolfman98
Rims aside the bottom line here is that someone else's property was stolen. With the state of the economy and high unemployment you may find that theft will be on the increase and considering that a lot more guns have been sold since Obama got in power you may also find an increase in shootings. the law states in most states that you have the right to protect your property and in 23 states you are allowed to shoot to kill anyone on your property even if they are unarmed and fleeing. CROOKS BEWARE IS IT WORTH YOUR LIFE. I think that a few publisized cases of this happening may help to deter theft. It is unfortunate that it probably will happen but the law is the law bottom line.
Wolfman98- You hit the nail on the head! But another element too - drugs!
Same deal in the Pine Tree State (Maine).
Last year three young pukes stole a 1937 Packard 120 coupe(with the car inside the trailer and the 1-ton GMC dualie truck as well). This happen in Feb of March of 2008, in Naples,Maine.
The s***heads got nailed 2-3 days later (travled less than 40 miles, tried to sell the Packard on the cheap ($30-$40 grand) stuck around the same place(Auburn,Maine) for a few days, PLUS the hotel/motel employee got a $10,000 reward!

Plus the lowlifes will have to pay every single penny to fix the Packard (sratches, dents).
Drew, (the owner of the Packard) told me, southwestern Maine is a "new" hotspot for illeagal drugs.

Two weeks after one of these dirtbags got out of jail (last spring or summerof 2009), the puke robbed a bank , and is back in the crowbar hotel again!

Last edited by toro68; October 17th, 2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old October 17th, 2009, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by 71rocket
A bling machine is the THING!!!

srsly, whenever I see it done to an olds I ask myself "Why??"
I see it on CarDomain ALL the TIME!
Old October 17th, 2009, 08:46 AM

So the usual Suspects then!
Old October 17th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by toro68
Wolfman98- You hit the nail on the head! But another element too - drugs!
Same deal in the Pine Tree State (Maine).
Last year three young pukes stole a 1937 Packard 120 coupe(with the car inside the trailer and the 1-ton GMC dualie truck as well). This happen in Feb of March of 2008, in Naples,Maine.
The s***heads got nailed 2-3 days later (travled less than 40 miles, tried to sell the Packard on the cheap ($30-$40 grand) stuck around the same place(Auburn,Maine) for a few days, PLUS the hotel/motel employee got a $10,000 reward!

Plus the lowlifes will have to pay every single penny to fix the Packard (sratches, dents).
Drew, (the owner of the Packard) told me, southwestern Maine is a "new" hotspot for illeagal drugs.

The Mexican cartel is now in every major American city as well as most large canadian centers. We are going to have to invest a lot of money and resources into cleaning up the network before it gets much worse. I think that drugs are probably mexico's largest export but you could never get accurate figures on it. The pot these days has 10 times the THC that it used to have back in my day and it is way , way more addictive than it used to be. It is something law enforcement has not been able to stop since it was outlawed back around 1929 or 30. Just another thing to increase the crime , here we have juviniles stealing tools and bikes and 4 wheelers ,snowmobiles whatever they can get there hands on to sell cheap. This is the middle of nowhere and there is a crack problem here as well as heroin. The cops here are overwhelmed.

Two weeks after one of these dirtbags got out of jail (last spring or summerof 2009), the puke robbed a bank , and is back in the crowbar hotel again!
mexican cartels are everywhere now and drugs have become a major problem even here in the middle of nowhere. The cops are overwhelmed.
Old October 18th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
'Nuff said - true for the dallas area also. I like our castle laws!
I am surprised the thugs did not shoot the owner even though they got the car - it happens a lot around here...
Yep , the castle law is only good for your home and property that is on your property. to protect yourself and your car outside of your property you would have to have a carry permit to be legal.Something I think you are going to see more and more of since the crooks these days all seem to be armed.
Old October 18th, 2009, 08:41 AM

At one time if you stole a person's car you were hung, then it was a horse. But now it is practically is no longer a crime, unless YOU defend your own property, then your the criminal.
Old October 18th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Cutlass Lover

Sad but true.