General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Bi-Annual BOP Shootout San Antonio oct 21st

Old September 4th, 2011, 06:46 AM
NôôB

Bi-Annual BOP Shootout San Antonio oct 21st

Hey guys just thought i would like to pass this along to you all. Its a lot of fun to watch them and HOPEFULLY my car will be running still and will have it out there to see what she does. Here is all the info i have from an email.

The Fall 2011 BOP Races at San Antonio Raceway (SAR) www.sanantonioraceway.com have been approved for Friday, 21st October. The air temperatures will be cool and so will the cars! Gates open at 6:00PM with time trials starting at 6:30PM and racing at approximately 8:00PM. SAR entry fee is $30. The format will be the same as we have done in the past—Bracket racing with three classes, dial in 11.99 or faster, 12 to 13.99, and 14 and slower. Trophies will be awarded to each class winner. After the bracket race is done, we will do a Bracket faceoff between the 3 class winners!!…basically the Track Starter will draw cards to see which class winner will challenge the other for the TOP ELIMINATOR trophy. Obviously, since there are only 3 winners, one driver would get a 1st round bye (based upon the cards drawn by the track starter). A 14 second or slower race car could win the Top Eliminator trophy and has done so in the past! Better bring you’re “A” game folks. The faceoff will add some excitement to the finish of the race night. The Alamo Area Chapter of Pontiac Oakland Club International (POCI) will host a hospitality tent with refreshments. The track is located just north of IH-10 East near Marion Texas, approximately 15 miles east of downtown San Antonio. Take the South Santa Clara Road exit off IH-10 East.
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *******************************************
Change from previous racing: We will be paying a $$ purse $$ to the 1st and 2nd place finishers of the three bracket classes. The Top Eliminator winner will get a trophy but no money. In order to provide a purse, you will be charged an additional $10 “purse fee” that is mandatory to all BOP racers and will be collected at the SAR Tech Lane by a Pontiac Club person who will record your name and car # assigned by SAR ( CASH only, no checks or credit cards). Payout ratio will be 65% to 1st place and 35% to second place. Total purse money will be equally divided between the 3 classes. For example, if we have 30 total cars enter BOP Shootout, total purse will be $300…with $100 going to each class…$65 for 1st place in each class and $35 for 2nd place in each class. Purse money will be paid immediately after the Top Eliminator race in the Tech Lane area.
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************************
This will be a great opportunity to bring your car out, do some tech and tune, have some fun, and meet some new people or see some old friends! If you have never raced before, don’t be bashful or hesitant…we will have Club members there to guide you through what to do. It’s really quite simple. Because this is a normal Friday night at the track, the standard Street and Grudge racing will be going on when we are not conducting BOP racing. If you go out early in the BOP racing, you can still take your car down the track when the other racing is going on until track closes! If you are member of the local chapters of Buick, Oldsmobile, or Pontiac (BOP), please pass the word at your Club meetings or through the grapevine. Feel free to forward this message to other BOP chapters/owners. Past participants from as far as Austin, Houston, and Corpus have attended and had a great time.

Key points and Rules to remember:

1. When entering the entry gate for track grounds, tell gate keeper that you are racing in BOP Event…they will give you a “special BOP entry ticket”
2. All cars must go through the SAR Tech Lane…show him your BOP ticket
3. $10 Purse Fee is mandatory -- pay the additional $10 purse fee to Pontiac Club person at the Tech Lane
4. If you are not going to do a burnout, stay out of the water box
5. Any Buick, Oldsmobile, or Pontiac vehicle can enter with any corporate or after market block installed motor.
6. Any BOP engine in any make vehicle…chevy/ford/mopar vehicles, etc.
7. Car does not have to be street legal
8. All racing will be done “footbrake” only…no “electronics” no “transbrake” no “linelock launches”
9. Sportsman’s Tree and No Buybacks
10. No nitrous

If you have any further questions, please contact me, David Pelzel at dpelzel@satx.rr.com or dial 210-413-3334. If I don’t get back in touch right away, I may be on a business trip earning some $$...be patient…I prefer you send me an email since I take a lap top with me to work. Cheers!