General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

assembly manuals, the best is ?

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2011, 10:14 AM

Post assembly manuals, the best is ?

looking for the best manual out there in paper or disk. I have service & body, but no assembly. for 1970 442.
Old October 6th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Trying to remember member

The best place for info on your '70, including the Product Information Manual (aka Assembly Manual) in downloadable pdf format is on Wild About Cars.

Wild About Cars. http://wildaboutcars.com. An information supersource, especially Oldsmobile. More Olds content than anywhere else on the internet and continuing to grow.
You'll find Chassis Service Manuals, Product Information Manuals (AKA Assembly Manuals), Inspector's Manuals, and other documents that will contain this and much much more.
Dealer Brochures, magazine ads and articles, and a home page for you online. You can even have your very own club there and a personal forum.
Free to join, free to learn.
Old October 6th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by wmachine
The best place for info on your '70, including the Product Information Manual (aka Assembly Manual) in downloadable pdf format is on Wild About Cars.

Wild About Cars. http://wildaboutcars.com. An information supersource, especially Oldsmobile. More Olds content than anywhere else on the internet and continuing to grow.
You'll find Chassis Service Manuals, Product Information Manuals (AKA Assembly Manuals), Inspector's Manuals, and other documents that will contain this and much much more.
Dealer Brochures, magazine ads and articles, and a home page for you online. You can even have your very own club there and a personal forum.
Free to join, free to learn.
X2 Kurt. One thing. I know the site is still growing it's data. If someone has something they want to contribute how do they go about getting it onto the database? There are still a lot of areas in the Olds section where the resources are listed as (0).
BTW, I have also been recommending this site to many folks, whether members here or casual contacts. It's an excellent media as long as your Mr. Puter is not having a hissy fit.

Also, don't forget: WAC sends out a monthly newsletter with some cool updates and info!
Old October 6th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by Allan R
X2 Kurt. One thing. I know the site is still growing it's data. If someone has something they want to contribute how do they go about getting it onto the database? There are still a lot of areas in the Olds section where the resources are listed as (0).
BTW, I have also been recommending this site to many folks, whether members here or casual contacts. It's an excellent media as long as your Mr. Puter is not having a hissy fit.

Also, don't forget: WAC sends out a monthly newsletter with some cool updates and info!
Thanks, Allan. As a matter of fact, I was going to contact you about helping out. Folks don't seem to know that in addition to being "for the people", WAC is "of the people" and "by the people"!
Send me an email at oldsbrands@wildaboutcars.com and we'll get you plugged in!