General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Annual last ride

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2017, 04:43 PM

So now it's a Christmas tradition!
Old December 5th, 2017, 04:57 PM

Steven,
Love the car.....love the dog.

Old December 5th, 2017, 07:11 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

Great memories and fantastic pictures!
Very nice!
Old December 6th, 2017, 04:51 AM

Love this! New car?

I wanted to bring my Olds to get our tree so bad this year, inspired by this thread. My wife was NOT a fan of that idea, claiming she wanted to be “comfortable” with “heat”.....pffft! Lightweight.

Steven, I’ve shared the hell out of your tree-on-W30 pictures over the years. I think it’s awesome and I applaud you.
Old December 6th, 2017, 08:27 AM

New car I found for my sister - 1970, real solid body, mint interior but rough running as it was never used - a few 1971 items (door panels, side view mirrors). Originally Sherwood green with green interior, nicely painted white in 1995. More issues than I thought with drive-train but nothing too crazy, replace gas tank and sending unit, maybe a head job and some trans work. Fix it up, my sister will use it for a few years and then I get first right of refusal :-). What better way to welcome it into the family than a tip to the tree lot.

Glad you share those images, I can't tell you how many smiles it makes as we drive home with the tree on top.

Tell your wife the heater is the best part of the car - is in mine. There is a guy in my neighborhood who has an old 300C convertible. Comes with the top down and puts the biggest tree they have in the back seat.

Originally Posted by oldsman72
Love this! New car?

I wanted to bring my Olds to get our tree so bad this year, inspired by this thread. My wife was NOT a fan of that idea, claiming she wanted to be “comfortable” with “heat”.....pffft! Lightweight.

Steven, I’ve shared the hell out of your tree-on-W30 pictures over the years. I think it’s awesome and I applaud you.
Old December 6th, 2017, 09:01 AM

My first time seeing this thread. Admittedly, I cringed when I first saw the pic at the top. Yes, it may be insured, but what is the deductible on a $2000 top?

Having said that, it does bring back the memory of dad transporting a bunk bed, frame, mattresses and box springs all strapped to a set of roof rails that clamped to the "gutters" on the roof of what is now my '68 Cutlass from Ft. Wayne to Kansas City back in the late '70s. When we arrived, one of the straps that was a little loose had "polished" a nice shiny spot on the vinyl top, although you can't see where that happened today, no permanent damage. I could go into all kinds of stories about how my '68 survived the foolish abuse I dished out in my college years (road-trips to Canada w/ 5 other frat-brothers aboard and a trunk full of Molsons & LeBatts, winding out the speedo at 120 on I-69 while 3-sheets to the wind). At least its easier to replace a convertible top than a vinyl one.

Merry Christmas! Your pictures are priceless.