General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

77 (ish) Cadillac Seville

Old August 14th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Registered car nut

77 (ish) Cadillac Seville

In my quest to find something I can afford to house my 455.
I run across these late seventies Nova platform Cadillac's that as most know came with Oldsmobile 350's.
Has anyone seen a 455 powered Seville? Make a great sleeper!
Old August 15th, 2015, 07:38 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by nonhog
In my quest to find something I can afford to house my 455.
I run across these late seventies Nova platform Cadillac's that as most know came with Oldsmobile 350's.
Has anyone seen a 455 powered Seville? Make a great sleeper!
Should be no different than putting a 455 in the same gen Omega. Go for it.
Old August 15th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Photoshop God

Like this?

Old August 15th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Registered car nut

More please!
I sent a e-mail to one for sale locally but yet to get a response. Older I get the more luxury sounds good!
Old August 15th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Photoshop God

Originally Posted by nonhog
More please!
I sent a e-mail to one for sale locally but yet to get a response. Older I get the more luxury sounds good!
I don't have any photos of the exterior on my computer, it was horribly dusty when I took these. I think it would be difficult to find a nicer one than this.

Here's the story. It's a 79, 60,939 miles. My dad bought this from the local Olds/Buick/gm dealer, probably when it was about a year old. I don't think it was ever driven in the Illinois snow, that I know of. He told me and my mom has told me that the local man that originally ordered the car wanted a particular color of red and the factory had it sent to California (I think) to get it painted this particular color. It was last licensed in 92, stored inside always!

It's red as you can see, white top all leather and looks virtually new. Trunk looks unused, paint is good, wire wheels. It's got the AM/FM/Tape/CD, don't remember, but I think the tape is 8-track, power antenna. It's got the moon roof, power seats, cool little fender mount turn signal indicators. I think it's got a couple of small lights above the rear view mirror indicating functioning turn signals. I've got factory Cadillac service manuals for it. I would say the interior may be close to a 10 out of 10, except worn floor mats and the exterior maybe 9 out of 10 for some small pitting on some chrome and rear plastic bumper filler.

The problem is it's not currently running. My sons played with it a couple times and had it running briefly. He thinks the next step is fuel filters and maybe pump.