General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

73-77 Olds.com

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2013, 11:07 AM

73-77 Olds.com

Membership has been reopened on www.73-77olds.com for those of you with the 73-77 cars. It has been closed since Feb-2013 I don't know how long it will be reopened as spammers are already registering by the dozens, once again. Do you think new member "sac luis vuitton" is signing up to talk Oldsmobiles? Don't let the spammers win and keep you from joining, it is a great site that specializes in the 73-77 Olds (almost completely Cutlass,442 and H/O though) FYI I don't have problems with the spammers messaging me and they get weeded out pretty quickly. I know a few members here have asked me and others about joining over there. Now is the time, the real members over there will welcome you.
This is not meant to be a reflection on this fine web community by attempting to siphon members off, just a small transfusion to add some life back to a slowing Olds site that needs some new member renewal. Come on over and check it out.
Old June 16th, 2013, 11:23 AM

Both sites have a huge amount of resources. I think I'm not the only one that is members on both sites
Old June 16th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Oldsdruid

I'm on both, albeit under different names. CO is a great general purpose Olds community, but there are some questions the guys on 73-77 are the best equipped to answer. I too suggest hurrying up if you want to get registered, before the damn spambots shut it down again.

AACA has somehow attracted a group of spammers intent on selling us prepackaged English custom kitchens- which has about as much to do with old cars as LV luggage has to do with Colonnade Oldsmobiles. AACA installed something called a Spam-O-Matic and it keeps a lot of 'em at bay, but the English kitchens still get thru sometimes. It has also banned a couple of legit members including one moderator, so those programs don't always work perfectly either.

Come to think of it, there are certain demographics Colonnade owners who could probably get into the Vuitton thing, even though everyone knows the stuff is fake.
Old April 9th, 2014, 09:31 PM

I signed up but once I did my profile was immediately locked down so I could not view any forums or do much of anything else except PM the Administrator who is ignoring me. Whats a fella gotta do to get his profile straightened out?
Old April 12th, 2014, 06:31 PM

This is what I see.... Can anyone put in a good word with "The Man" over there? I would really like to join in.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
73-77oldsrejection.jpg (82.2 KB, 25 views)
Old May 12th, 2014, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by BAFRAYD
This is what I see.... Can anyone put in a good word with "The Man" over there? I would really like to join in.....
I'm in the same limbo with no permissions to view any posts, etc. I have to actually logout to view posts. I cannot seem to find an admin email so if anyone knows who I can email and wants to share, I'd be grateful. Or if you know someone over there that can look at it, my s/n is elpresidente.