Can't find replacement part for air conditioning thermal switch, part number AC13CM

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Rocket "Scientist"

Can't find replacement part for air conditioning thermal switch, part number AC13CM

Alright, so, evidently, my blower fan insists on slowly spinning when the ignition is on, and the fan control is set to off, even when the climate controls are unplugged, and even with a new resistor and relay. The cause is a little part called AC13CM, and how do I know this? Because I unplugged it and the fan stopped spinning on low. Also, the heat still works fine with it unplugged, but the AC refuses to kick on. How did I find it? I just noticed it and it was near the controls, so I figured "Hell, why not?". Unplugging it fixes the problem, but nerfs my AC, so, it creates another problem. This switch tells the blower to turn on low, and tells the AC to kick on or off.

So here is my dilemma, I cannot find a replacement. Google turns up a few forums referencing this part, but no links to a replacement can be found, nor do sites seem to carry it. It also turns up some trigonometry (I couldn't even spell that, I had to use spell check) problem that I care nothing about, don't ya' love google some days? I guess it isn't something that really goes bad, but, hey, there is a first time for everything right?

Hope y'all can help. This has to be the source of the problem, it's the only thing that can bypass the control switches and tell the fan to turn on.

Last edited by Dead Reckon; March 25th, 2014 at 01:08 PM.