convertible top wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2007, 09:33 AM

convertible top wiring diagram

Hi,
I cannot on earth find an accurate wiring fiagram of any convertible top for olds 71 to 75 royale 88 or others

I have the shop manual service manual and the wiring diagram does not mention the circuit for the top.

I got the fisher body 1973 and there to it shows the circuit for electric tail gate and what not, the motor and the relay but not the entire circuit

anyone know where I can find that?
I am conveinced that there is a circuit breaker in the circuit of the top that is not functionning properly.
motor will not work, relay clicks. I redid the groung, ... not this either, ... when I simply unplug the battery and plug it right back the top works again ?!?!?!
Old November 14th, 2007, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by pinky
Hi,
I cannot on earth find an accurate wiring fiagram of any convertible top for olds 71 to 75 royale 88 or others

I have the shop manual service manual and the wiring diagram does not mention the circuit for the top.

I got the fisher body 1973 and there to it shows the circuit for electric tail gate and what not, the motor and the relay but not the entire circuit

anyone know where I can find that?
I am conveinced that there is a circuit breaker in the circuit of the top that is not functionning properly.
motor will not work, relay clicks. I redid the groung, ... not this either, ... when I simply unplug the battery and plug it right back the top works again ?!?!?!
If you think there is a "fuse" in the circuit more than likley you are correct. I cannot help you other than a suggestion, and that is to trace the hot wire (physically) point to point, it may tie to a fuse box, or have one inline.
Old November 14th, 2007, 12:23 PM

hehe yes but I was trying to avoid that !

thanks
Old February 19th, 2011, 07:45 PM

Pinky, Just came across your thread while trying to find a wiring diagram for my 62 Sta ctlsrfire. Like your situation the motor doesn't work but the relay clicks. Will check the ground now that I manually got the top up. Curious to know how you resolved your issue.

THanks 70 ctls