Turn signal flasher ?

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2007, 12:32 PM

Turn signal flasher ?

Hello, I'm a new member and new to classic cars, I just bought a 1967 Olds 442 all orignal... The hazard lights were flashing slow, so, I replaced the signal-stat 175 (green) flasher with a after market replacement, now they work great..crazy question, the turn signals still flash slow, I want to replace the flasher but I can't find it. The fuse panel has what or where it should have been, but nothing there, I can here the tick tick under the dash somewhere but can't locate it. Thanks for your help ! Great forum ! Patrick
Old July 30th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by JPDPG
Hello, I'm a new member and new to classic cars, I just bought a 1967 Olds 442 all orignal... The hazard lights were flashing slow, so, I replaced the signal-stat 175 (green) flasher with a after market replacement, now they work great..crazy question, the turn signals still flash slow, I want to replace the flasher but I can't find it. The fuse panel has what or where it should have been, but nothing there, I can here the tick tick under the dash somewhere but can't locate it. Thanks for your help ! Great forum ! Patrick
The hazard flasher is on the fuse panel, but the turn signal flasher is on a pigtail under the dash. Why that one was made more difficult to reach is one of life's mysteries. It should be held in a spring clip on the lower lip of the dash just to the side of the steering column (though I'm afraid I don't remember which side of the column).
Old July 30th, 2007, 03:28 PM

Thanks, I found the hazard flasher in a spring clip with a pigtail connection just above the ebrake release rod to the left, nothing on the fuse panel, you can see where it should go on the panel (the plug configuration is there but it appears to have no electical connections in it) Checked again under dash with no luck. I'll keep at it ...Thanks