Date not available.

Search this Thread

Old December 18th, 2018, 04:25 AM

Date not available.

Good morning all, quick question I have a 95 regency elite. Recently replaced factory radio with Sony for the Bluetooth and other updated modern features. Radio works as it should but now I get date not available in the information center. Any one had this issue?

Last edited by surupsamich; December 18th, 2018 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Picture
Old December 18th, 2018, 04:58 AM

I haven't been able to get a date for quite awhile. I think it is because I am old bald fat and ugly.
Old December 18th, 2018, 05:07 AM

interesting. I wish you luck on that issue, hopefully mine won't be that drastic.
Old December 18th, 2018, 06:28 AM
Administrator

I would think if everything works as it should, its probably in the clock setup.
Old December 18th, 2018, 06:34 AM

I would think so also but with the factory radio gone and the new one installed (both have clocks) dont know what the pin out would be. Its not referenced any where.
Old December 18th, 2018, 08:45 AM
Administrator

What model Sony radio do you have?
Old December 18th, 2018, 08:46 AM

Wx920bt
Old December 18th, 2018, 09:12 AM
Administrator

No where in the instruction booklet does it mention date setup. Did you reset the unit before starting. I will assume the date is picked up over the air or internet if capable.

Instructions
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/13...?page=7#manual
Old December 18th, 2018, 09:22 AM

Ok I see where you're going with this, threw me off at first. The Sony is fine there's no date involved with this head unit. The problem is the information screen on dash. Date not available only came up after removing factory gm radio
Old December 18th, 2018, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Oh, my mistake... Didn't realize its the car info center.
Old December 19th, 2018, 05:59 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by surupsamich
Good morning all, quick question I have a 95 regency elite. Recently replaced factory radio with Sony for the Bluetooth and other updated modern features. Radio works as it should but now I get date not available in the information center. Any one had this issue?
When I had to replace the programmer assembly on my 95 Regency Elite I got one from the boneyard. The donor car was a 96 Regency elite (both my car and the donor were digital dash with info center). After the install, the AC worked as it should but the date would always revert to 1996. I think the issue you're experiencing is a similar issue, but since it's not a factory part the display is getting a blocked signal somewhere. Theoretically this shouldn't happen. Theoretically...
Old December 19th, 2018, 07:25 AM

Theories never work in my favor. I Guess I'll just try to get the diagram to pin point the wires Id rather just be able to turn that part completely off. Decisions decisions
BTW AllanR I found a 97 88 donor got the eye, switch, and the two heat things on top of dash. Just as I was ready to swap she started working better than before. Go figure. At least I have spares now $10
Old December 19th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Those heat things are called 'Sun Load Sensors'. I wouldn't mess with them as they are an integral part of the automatic AC system. Chances are good that the twilight sentinel will fail and you'll have to replace the Ambient Light Sensor. Question is when. Good price on your parts BTW
Old December 20th, 2018, 03:49 AM

Thanks oldcutless and allanR. AllanR that feeds into my next concern about the auto climate control. Thats a quirky system, the driver side blows nice heat but passenger side blows nice cold air. First thought was the blend door. Found the rod behind glove box that appears to control it. When physically moved to far right position all is good. It will operate well for a while then back to same problem. Also when it is working the passenger adjustment on passenger door won't change the temperature for the passenger side. So do I have two separate problems or will one fix the other?

Last edited by surupsamich; December 20th, 2018 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old December 20th, 2018, 06:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Likely one fix is all you need. The programmer has about 6 lines coming off it (if my memory serves) and sometimes those nipples where the lines attach can become rubbery instead of solid, which can affect the performance. The other thing that comes to mind is the solenoids that the programmer uses - you might have one that is weak and causing the problem. Easiest fix for me was to replace the whole unit. Donor car. Not sure if I have pics of that but I'll look.
Old December 20th, 2018, 07:16 AM

Ok, what is the programmer and where is it?
Old December 20th, 2018, 02:47 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by surupsamich
Ok, what is the programmer and where is it?
Ok, I looked through all my efiles for the pictures but no luck. BUT, as luck would have it I do have a really good description of what you need to do to access the programmer. Here's the link to my thread where it's discussed.
Accessing AC programmer Ninety Eight Regency Elite
Old December 20th, 2018, 02:57 PM
Just an Olds Guy

OHhhhh yay! I found them on photobuttpucker hosting site. I'm going to have to do a very slow process of copying them for you. Might take awhile but they're good pictures with descriptions etc.
Old December 20th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Okee dokee,
If you follow that write up and look at these pictures, you'll be able to get the programmer out and find out what's wrong with it.

Easy enough to remove the glove box. It has to come out to get to the programmer. So does the lower part of the dash. Remember to undo the 2 screws that hold the wood grain trim so you can pop the rest of it off.

Looks intimidating, but just take a breath and work through it.

Old December 21st, 2018, 03:18 AM

That has to be the best write up I have ever seen! Gotta go back and check on my donor car. Looks like I'm going to have some homework to do looks fun tho. I thought I saw that the programmer has to be from same year...my 95 won't get along with the 97 donor correct?? Either way thanks for the link I have to print that out and add to my manual.
Old December 21st, 2018, 06:21 AM
Just an Olds Guy

The 97 programmer should work with the 95 but the date will likely always revert to 97. Only way to find out is install and test. The functions of the AC and programmer for air flow will be the same for the auto AC. If you can live with that part it should be ok. Since your Sony radio may be blocking the date code to the dash, this may be a moot point?