Turn signal switch with cornering light option for 66 98

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2017, 05:51 PM

Turn signal switch with cornering light option for 66 98

Good evening to the forum. I am taking on simple things that health at present allows me to do with the 1966 Oldsmobile 98. The cornering lights are not working. I am getting 12 volts to the power wire with the headlamps on, and when I disconnect the connector under the dash, and jump the middle power wire to either the light or dark blue wires, the respective cornering lamp lights up. Doing a resistance test for continuity to the wire going up the column, I show open circuit with the switch in either left or right turn position when I use the DVOM. So I suspect either somebody changed the switch for a regular switch at some point and cut wires, or simply the O/E correct switch is kaput. Turn signals, of course, being on a separate circuit, work fine. Can a member tell me what else may fit so i can restore function of the cornering lamps, or does somebody have a unit kicking around they do not need. Thanking all in advance, any help would be much appreciated! Next to be tackled will be putting in a factory AM/FM stereo which I have had for years. Howie.