fuse box ?

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2009, 04:06 PM

fuse box ?

hi ,, to all and thanks for any help in this matter,i am restoring 65 starfire, and i am deciding if i want to go with a new harnes, from ron francis, or go over my harness , as far as i can see my fuse box is rusted ,some things did not work before i removed,but all the wires seemed fine ,did not crack if i tried to bend them ,does any one know a place that reconditions fuse boxes ? open to all opinions ,thanks again will,
Old January 13th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 65 starfire
hi ,, to all and thanks for any help in this matter,i am restoring 65 starfire, and i am deciding if i want to go with a new harnes, from ron francis, or go over my harness , as far as i can see my fuse box is rusted ,some things did not work before i removed,but all the wires seemed fine ,did not crack if i tried to bend them ,does any one know a place that reconditions fuse boxes ? open to all opinions ,thanks again will,
I must admit, I'm continually amazed that people spend big bucks on the one-size-fits-all aftermarket wire harnesses. The Packard 56 series connectors that GM used in the 1960s and 1970s are fine and replacement terminals can be purchased from a number of sources, including Waytek Wire. I assume the rust is on the fuse terminals, not the plastic fuse box. You can remove the individual fuse connectors and clean them or have the whole thing soda blasted. Note that the soda blasting will likely remove the lettering, so protect that with duct tape. Reconditioning factory wiring harnesses is not very difficult, in my opinion, but maybe that's just me. It's a lot less expensive than replacement.
Old January 13th, 2009, 05:13 PM

fuse box

you hit it righton the button on the fuse box, you give me some hope i think i will try it ,thanks for the tip,