What alternator us this

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2019, 02:59 PM

What alternator us this

Can anyone tell me what alternator I have. Sorry about the pictures I can't take better ones at the moment. I'm going to buy a new alternator and am curios cuz this one has no markings or stickers of what it is or how many amps. I have dual electric fans electric fuel pump and an amp for the door and rear speakers I believe is like 200 watts rms. What size alternator should I get?

​​​​​​​
Old March 19th, 2019, 04:59 PM
Old(s) Fart

It is a 10SI series alternator. Since it is apparently an aftermarket unit, there is no way to know what has been done to it or how many amps it puts out. The 10SI and 12SI alternators are interchangeable. Any 10SI or 12SI will bolt into place and will plug in to the wiring. Note that depending on the original application, a new alternator may have different clocking of the rear frame relative to the mounting tabs and thus the location of the two wire plug may be different. That has zero effect on the function of the alternator.

http://www.madelectrical.com/electri...elcoremy.shtml
Old March 19th, 2019, 05:34 PM

Ok so I took it to a local alternator repair shop they tested it said it ran fine. It only needs the thick wire off the post to work. So I'm not sure what my issue has been but I fixed all the wires and I need to look at the electric fans and see if there causing an issue. And I definitely need to run more grounds I have one from the batterry to the lower alternator bolt then added one from the front exaust manifold bolt to the front inner fender. So I'll keep you guys updated I grabbed a new voltage regulator for the alternator for 10 bucks from the shop incase it's bad. Hopefully the car is back on the road tonight