Newly inherited '94 D-88 Royale with issues.

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2010, 07:26 AM

Newly inherited '94 D-88 Royale with issues.

Hi, newbie here. This is my second time around with a Delta '88 Royale. 1st was the '78 model that my folks let me drive in high school. Just yesterday I inherited a '94 D-88 Royale.

Overall it is in pretty good shape, but there a handful of things that need tending to:

The Heater/AC controls look like they are working when I view the dash. I do know the P.O. had the AC bypassed. However, there is no air moving out of the vents, no fan coming on. I checked what I thought were the logical fuses, but they look OK. I read about a blower resistor?? Also, I read somewhere online about actuator rods inside the glove box??? I bought a new blower/motor assembly to swap in just in case, but where would you suggest I start before swapping out the blower?

Another issue- there is water getting in the cabin, the front driver's floorboard is damp, and there is moisture in the trunk. My guess is that there is water getting in where there is a gap between the roof and windshield at the tops of the a-pillars. Is there supposed to be a rubber trim strip running between the drip rail and the roof above the doors? I can't tell if there's supposed to be one there or not, since both sides look the same. The trunk rubberstripping looks OK.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help/suggestions. I look forward to learning and sharing on this site.