new year's greetings

Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2018, 12:22 PM

Smile new year's greetings

hello folks, my best regard to all of you, that this new 2018 could be a good year full of satisfactions and troubleless (this will be a great result) Eeet-cì..
- cheers..- thank you lol :-) I cought a cold and I'm voiceless at the moment,we plantigrades musty be in hybernation in winter.
jokes a part, there's something I'd like to ask you, if some is in condition to give me an answer, of course. There are discordant opinions about a question I'm interested with. My Olds is equipped with the 350 ci, with a 2 barrells Rochester carb and I'd like to repalce it with a Edelbrock 4 barrels carb. Good idea, but some says that over replacing the intake manifold we must work on the sparks advances and reset the timing system, but some is not according about this, so I do not know who to trust. I can be a good driver, as this has beern my job for all my life, I can hear and understand if an engine is or not in good conditions, if the valves sound good or not, but I can't tell which work has been done to makes the engine run right. I accept every good suggestion
Old January 1st, 2018, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Happy New Year to you and yours also.

A manifold and carb swap is fairly easy and in itself would not require an ignition timing change. If you would like to improve performance there are things you can do to make the engine run better with both your stock or added systems.
Old January 2nd, 2018, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Happy New Year to you and yours also.

A manifold and carb swap is fairly easy and in itself would not require an ignition timing change. If you would like to improve performance there are things you can do to make the engine run better with both your stock or added systems.
Hello Eric, the car in gerneral runs and drives good, and better than good it can't go the problem with the carb, is that there is nobody in the place that can put the hands on it properly, the only one I trust for these kind of operations now works for Ferrari, rebuilding tyhe engines of historical cars, and so... good bye friends, and in effect, I'd like to improve the performance, not for driving faster, I'm not the kind, but a more powerful engine would gain in fuel economy (in theory of course)if you do not ask it more performance indeed, so, what are the things I could do to increase the HP? or to make the engine run better?
Old January 2nd, 2018, 04:35 PM
Hookers under Hood

Happy New Year !

As Eric mentioned an intake and carb change isn't that difficult. Just take pictures and mark all the vacuum lines you wish to keep etc.
Have you thought about changing the rear end gears along with Posi? You will feel that more than doing a carb/intake swap.
I would start at the rear, then nice set of dual exhaust ( if not equipped) Then go with the 4 bbL and intake.
I hope this helps a bit,
Cheers
Eric
Old January 3rd, 2018, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by 76olds
Happy New Year !

As Eric mentioned an intake and carb change isn't that difficult. Just take pictures and mark all the vacuum lines you wish to keep etc.
Have you thought about changing the rear end gears along with Posi? You will feel that more than doing a carb/intake swap.
I would start at the rear, then nice set of dual exhaust ( if not equipped) Then go with the 4 bbL and intake.
I hope this helps a bit,
Cheers
Eric
Thank you

Eric, I haven't thought to the rear end gears, that surely will increase the speed and a dual exaust system will give more breathe to the engine, but where can I find right indication for the correct measure of the couple of gears to replece?, for the rest to Summit's I can find everything.
thank you and have a good new year

Orso
Old January 5th, 2018, 06:08 PM
Hookers under Hood

Hello Orso,

I'm not sure if their are any aftermarket carriers available yet, Monzaz (Jim) here would be the best guy to ask.
I purchased my rear posi and gears from him, however my 76 has the common 8.5 rear.
If you could find a carrier from a 65 or 66 delta that would be ideal, I believe Jim has 3:55 gears for that carrier.
You could shoot Jim (Monzaz) a PM and inquire.
Hope this helps
Eric