Throttle cable grommet and sleeve/AM radio question

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2013, 01:46 PM

Throttle cable grommet and sleeve/AM radio question

Hello everyone. My name is Brandon, I'm new to the forum and have a green 71 Cutlass 2 door hardtop I have been restoring since 2006, the car has been in my family since 1983 when it was bought from the original owner. I'm currently working on my finishing details and hope to have the car finished and on the road by the end of this year. Thats just a quick intro on myself (same one I posted in the newbie forum). Now on to my questions. I am looking for the throttle cable grommet and sleeve for my car, I am missing both and haven't been able to find anything but the repros for the chevys which are bigger. If I'm not able to find the correct size ones I guess I can just get the chevy ones and modify them at a last resort, any input on this is helpful or if anyone has them and are willing to sell them just let me know. Now on to my radio question. My car came from the factory with the rear speaker option. When I got the car I didnt have an original radio so I bought a nice original AM radio and plan on using it with the redi rad device from rediscoverradio.com, but the radio doesn't have the fader option, so I can only get the front 4x10 speaker to work. So my question is, is there any way to get the rear speakers to work with this radio if it doesn't have the fader option?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old September 19th, 2013, 06:59 PM

I also posted this thread in the general discussion forum in hopes of drawing a larger crowd to find some answers to my questions. I hope that is alright.

Brandon