New project & vista questions

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2008, 06:24 PM

New project & vista questions

OK guys, I was checking out craigslist a while back looking for parts for my 67 Cutlass Supreme. To make a long story short I bought another 67 Supreme. This one needs a lot less work. Which will save me some time and money, I hope. Here's a link to a picture. I've already started to disassemble and do bodywork.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...don/67Cut1.jpg

I just recently ran across a 67 Vista Cruiser parts car. Haven't bought it. But do have a few questions for the knowledgeable here. First, is the rearend the same as mine? Or does it have the larger 5 on 5 bolt pattern? Second, I noticed from the photos the owner emailed me that it has a 3 speed automatic. Would this be a switch pitch TH400?

Don
Old May 11th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Dapapadon
OK guys, I was checking out craigslist a while back looking for parts for my 67 Cutlass Supreme. To make a long story short I bought another 67 Supreme. This one needs a lot less work. Which will save me some time and money, I hope. Here's a link to a picture. I've already started to disassemble and do bodywork.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...don/67Cut1.jpg

I just recently ran across a 67 Vista Cruiser parts car. Haven't bought it. But do have a few questions for the knowledgeable here. First, is the rearend the same as mine? Or does it have the larger 5 on 5 bolt pattern? Second, I noticed from the photos the owner emailed me that it has a 3 speed automatic. Would this be a switch pitch TH400?

Don
The VC is an A body, just like the Cutlass. The rear axle will bolt up, though the VC may have larger brakes and bearings. I know the 68-72 VCs are that way, not sure about the older ones.

The trans should be a TH400 (or, if the engine is a 330, it might be the lower strength TH375 version of the 400). Check the electrical connector on the side of the trans. One wire means regular TH400, two wires means switch pitch.
Old May 11th, 2008, 10:06 PM

Thanks Joe for the info. and the wire tip. I had forgot about the TH375.

Don