New here...Just purchased a 72 vert.

Search this Thread

Old November 19th, 2007, 08:01 PM

New here...Just purchased a 72 vert.

Hello everyone... My name is GaryC and I am from NJ... I am new to the Cutlass ownership. I have been around cars for sometime and was the founder and president of the NJ Monte Carlo Club in 1999. I am also one of the founders and the chairman of Monte MadneSS (www.MonteMadneSS.com) which is an all Monte Carlo Show held yearly in DE.

I have always loved the a-bodies but really love convertibles and late 60's to early 70's convertibles are very very very pricey. Well this past weds I found an affordable 72 Cutlass Convertible The car needs work but it's all there.

The story of the car is that the person whom I purchased it from (a lawyer)bought the car in 1995 and did a full restore in 1997 the car was used for a few years and then parked in a gage till last July when it was moved out of the garage and left in the dirt!

The car is all there and there are no dents or dings. passenger door has some rot on the inside lip but it not bad. The car has rust bubles in a few spots but nothing threw. The frame has surface rust butis very solid. The car needs brake lines and an exhaust to be drivable. The motor was replaced in 97 with a jasper series 2 350 rocket motor it has around 35,000 miles and runs strong.

Car has white bucket seat interior with console and a whilte top, air, inside trunk release, power drivers side bucket seat, power door locks, Doors close better then a new car!

I have a couple pics taken with my camera phone of the car when I picked it up last weekend. I need to get on the net so I can post them

I am looking for places to by parts from interior to engine and everthing in between so if you know of someone or some place please share

Thanks
Gary

Last edited by 72DropTopCutlass; November 19th, 2007 at 08:02 PM. Reason: change title
Old November 19th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Fusick is probably your best bet since they seem to have the best selection of parts. There are other companies which are very good. Fusick just has the most parts since they do nothing but Oldsmobiles. I have a 72 Cutlass convertible and it is the second one I have had. They are fun cars. The 350 is the best engine GM ever built and will run forever. Parts are available for these cars. You will enjoy this car and get compliments every time you drive it.
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Past Administrator

Gary, welcome to our site!
Old November 25th, 2007, 03:37 PM

NJ Olds

Hi, Congrats on your new car. I have a 67 CS convertible/455 that I finished last year and it is great to drive around in. I own a restaurant in Burlington County with a big parking lot and am organizing a montlhy cruise night for next year. If you are in the area contact me for dates and times. There a many sources for parts depending on what you are looking for, many are on this site, also try 442.com. Good Luck!