75 Cutlass body tag decode help

Old January 8th, 2011, 10:08 AM

75 Cutlass body tag decode help

I've looked on sites for all the info... I can't seem to find all the info for these numbers listed.
The tag was hard to read.
Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Body by fisher
ST 75 3AJ57LAN272436 BDY
TR 730 11 11U PNT
LOD (maybe 10D) AN7 B84

The car is all white supreme upper and lower red swivel buckets vacuum guage, no air, am fm radio and white 15" ralley rims, crank windows. (not sure if the rims were stock when made)
What I can deciphere, is built in 75 maybe 4th week in Oct in Lansing 272,436 car built, swivel buckets...
No idea what the trim package or options were? 11, I hope is white paint B84 must mean red interior bucket seats with reversible seat covers.

Thanks for any Info.
Jeff
Old January 8th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Oldsdruid

Originally Posted by Tuffnut
I've looked on sites for all the info... I can't seem to find all the info for these numbers listed.
Body by fisher
ST 75 3AJ57LAN272436 BDY
75=1975
3= Oldsmobile Division
A= Cutlass
J57= Supreme notchback coupe
LAN= Lansing Fisher Body plant
272436 BDY= sequential Fisher job number, may or may not match car VIN which should read 3J57_5MXXXXXX ( _ = engine code)

TR 730= dark oxblood (deep red), vinyl seats
11 11U PNT= Cameo White lower and upper body
LOD (maybe 10D)= built 4th week October 1974
AN7= swivel bucket seats
B84= body side mouldings with protective vinyl inserts

The 1975 car could have had SSII (Argent Silver) or SSIII (painted to match lower body color) wheels.

Hope it helps. Looks like the car is what the body plate says it is.

The car is all white supreme upper and lower red swivel buckets vacuum guage, no air, am fm radio and white 15" ralley rims, crank windows. (not sure if the rims were stock when made)
What I can deciphere, is built in 75 maybe 4th week in Oct in Lansing 272,436 car built, swivel buckets...
No idea what the trim package or options were? 11, I hope is white paint B84 must mean red interior bucket seats with reversible seat covers.

Thanks for any Info.
Jeff

Last edited by rocketraider; January 8th, 2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old January 8th, 2011, 01:19 PM

75 cutlass body tag

That is great info thanks.....

I didn't know it was made in 74.....
I think white color is the correct color.

How do I find out out what the options were for that car???? Would there have been option packages or just single add ons....?
Old January 8th, 2011, 02:17 PM

I didn't know it was made in 74.....
In those days, model year production generally started in September of the previous year and ran until late July. August was used to change over to the new model year models, and the sequence began again. You car was built early in the model year.

How do I find out out what the options were for that car???? Would there have been option packages or just single add ons....?
To find out what option PACKAGES were available, you need to find a 1975 sales brochure or, more likely, dealer sales album. I'm guessing some options came as part of a package while others were available individually.

To find out what options were originally on your particular car, you'd need either the build sheet, which was not commonly left in Lansing-built cars, or the original window sticker.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 01:38 PM

Smile i like your car

Body by fisher
ST 75 3AJ57LAN272436 BDY
TR 730 11 11U PNT
LOD (maybe 10D) AN7 B84

Thanks for any Info.
Jeff
there were alot of options available for that car, i'll try to list them, it will be extensive, i won't do it now. i bought a '75 "S" two door hard top(i think), in 1990. it didn't have any of those quarter windows, sold it in 1992. i thought they painted the SS wheels the upper body color, maybe not. if you take out the bottom of the back seat and look under it(stuffed under the spring lookin wire deals), on the drivers side there probably is the build sheet. on there it will list the options the car was delivered with, the wheel code is like N 71 or 72 for the 15 X 7" "ralleys". my '75 had the silver ones, N 71, also has silver mirrors and the center filler panels on the bumpers were silver, the car was cranberry. i have a '76 supreme brougham. if i get another cutlass it will be a '75 or '76, i love 'em.