Rare F85 W31

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2009, 11:53 AM

Rare F85 W31

There is allot of deception or what on Ebay these days. I just questioned this guys so called F85 W31, asking for a build sheet and he went off on me. This is his quote, "Blah, Blah, Blah. Don't buy it then. You are without doubt, extremely uneducated, and from the whiny sound's of your continously annoying e-mails, you are not even close to being man enough to own a car of this sort. I didn't respond to your previous email because I figured I was done with you, but since you continue to write and whine, I figured I had to respond. Cry to someone who cares. The car will, without doubt sell, and you can add that little tidbit to your "cry about" list. Do try to take it easy. The world is not out to get you, or rip you off. If you continue to send me whiny email's I'll be forced to call a wambulance, and I'll have them bring you a wineakin, with some french Cry's. You baby."

- codybellanic

I just asked the guy why he's advertising a "RARE" F85 W31" without proof...

Last edited by Wireman134; January 29th, 2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Rather not advertise for this guy
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:02 PM
car guy

Wow everything that make it a W31 are missing. Sure sounds rare to me
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Old(s) Fart

In my experience, it is a waste of time to try and talk to sellers like this. They don't want to hear any criticisms of their cars or their ad. I don't worry about it any more, because the car will almost certainly remain unsold with reserve not met. The seller will get the privilege of paying ebay for nothing.

The seller also appears to lack a grasp of the English language.

Or, maybe it's so rare because the "Duel Gate" is a pistol grip shifter...
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:50 PM

What a Snappa Head....

Man the Dude is just wrong.... w-31?

wouldn't the w-31 have the dual outlet bumper?? ( I am uncertain) it looks like an aftermarket dual gate, I dunno I hate rude folks, the vin is clear, cept I wouldn't know where to look it up, regardless, as per the "numbers matching" thread, it isn't original anymore... LOL.. I mean that tach hanging out of the dash is a bit much... also cut holes for the gauges...

let him choke on it...
also I tried to find some info and did a search
I wonder look at this post

http://www.realoldspower.com/phpBB2/...47f21f6f19f226

" wish I still had mine, even though it was bondo front to back.

I sold it to a guy in Ohio back in 1990's it was black with gold stripes.

Vinny"

hmmmm I wonder if this is it LOL.

what a SnappaHead...
Old January 20th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Eddie Hansen

wouldn't the w-31 have the dual outlet bumper?? ( I am uncertain)
Actually, no. Only the big block cars got the cutout bumper for 68-72 model years. The only SBO powered car to ever get a cutout bumper from the factory was the Rallye 350. W-31 cars got the straight bumper and down-turned tailpipes, same as any other 350 car with duals (or is it "duels"?? ).
Old January 20th, 2009, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Actually, no. Only the big block cars got the cutout bumper for 68-72 model years. The only SBO powered car to ever get a cutout bumper from the factory was the Rallye 350. W-31 cars got the straight bumper and down-turned tailpipes, same as any other 350 car with duals (or is it "duels"?? ).

Thanks for the info joe, I guess the thing that decides if it is duals or duels is if there are potatoes cramed into the exhaust pipes... say at 20 paces...

but all the car facts aside, there is no excuse if your trying to sell something for some common courtesy.... the name calling, crybaby bs, means this turds a snappa head...

noticed the intelligent looking face, the keen looking eyes.. you can tell right away the guys an expert ....... NOT
this is a snappa head
phats-snappa.jpg
Old January 20th, 2009, 01:24 PM
car guy

I wonder where the "junk" 350 they got rid of is. If he did have it and had any idea what the balancer is worth he would **** his pants.
Old January 20th, 2009, 01:25 PM

Exclamation

wouldn't the w-31 have the dual outlet bumper?? ( I am uncertain) it looks like an aftermarket dual gate, I dunno I hate rude folks, the vin is clear, cept I wouldn't know where to look it up, regardless, as per the "numbers matching" thread, it isn't original anymore... LOL.. I mean that tach hanging out of the dash is a bit much... also cut holes for the gauges...

let him choke on it...
also I tried to find some info and did a search
I wonder look at this post

http://www.realoldspower.com/phpBB2/...47f21f6f19f226

" wish I still had mine, even though it was bondo front to back.

I sold it to a guy in Ohio back in 1990's it was black with gold stripes.

Vinny"

hmmmm I wonder if this is it LOL.

what a SnappaHead...

Yea, I seen that one. Should a found one 20 years ago for $5K
Old January 20th, 2009, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by gearheads78
I wonder where the "junk" 350 they got rid of is. If he did have it and had any idea what the balancer is worth he would **** his pants.

Or fins as the case may be... folks toss stuff away sometimes I remember at a swap meet at englishtown, I saw a set of # 6 heads ( they had the big valves) the guy was selling em for 75 bucks!!! and they were super clean, I told them these are good heads and he is asking no where near what they are worth... I know I should have bought them and resold them but to me that ain't right..and the kid looked like he could use the bread, he ended up selling them to a guy I know ( he had a 70-w-31) for $350!! ya just never know...
Old January 20th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Old(s) Fart

Or fins as the case may be... folks toss stuff away sometimes I remember at a swap meet at englishtown, I saw a set of # 6 heads ( they had the big valves) the guy was selling em for 75 bucks!!! and they were super clean, I told them these are good heads and he is asking no where near what they are worth... I know I should have bought them and resold them but to me that ain't right..and the kid looked like he could use the bread, he ended up selling them to a guy I know ( he had a 70-w-31) for $350!! ya just never know...
Maybe this is an E-town thing. I've only gone once, about 10 years ago. It was a Sunday and it poured. Many of the vendors had just packed up and left. I walked past a pile of trash that one vendor had left near a trash can when he vacated. There were a pair of rusty but straight notched BBO valve covers. Of course, they are now in my barn. I'm also kicking myself that I didn't grab the pair of boxed lower control arms for $15.
Old January 20th, 2009, 05:02 PM

It's impressive how far UNDER the side stripe the W-31 emblem sits!
Old January 20th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Rohebo
It's impressive how far UNDER the side stripe the W-31 emblem sits!
Ah, so THAT'S what makes it so rare. Kinda like how stamp collectors value misprinted stamps more than good ones...
Old January 20th, 2009, 06:28 PM

Excellent reproduction of the decal application I might (not) add. The extra 455 and slicks make up for that though...