Build Sheet/ opions list info?

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2006, 09:38 AM

Build Sheet/ opions list info?

Hey I have a question concerning my 72 cutlass, A guy told me that you can find some sort of infomation about your cars build sheet / opions list on a plate behind your back seat, is their any truth to this?
Old July 4th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Tom Servo's Stunt Double

Ummmm...no....well...not exactly.

There is an item called a build sheet. It is a computer printout of the options put on your car. They weren't supposed to be left in the cars, but many were. You might find it under the front or rear seats, behind the door panels or above the gas tank. Or you might not find it at all. I didn't and most folks I know didn't.

C.J.
Old July 5th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Past Administrator

Someone mentioned contacting the Oldsmobile Museum or something like that once. I think it was at this site but I can't remember. Anyway it goes like this, you pay them some money and give them your vin and they do a search in their archives and send you all the information they have on your car, some of that is the kind of info that was on the build sheet. That is really all I can remember about it wish there was more. You might check one of O.C.A.'s monthly newsletters. I used to be a member for a few years and they have a lot of vendor info in the back, maybe two or three pages worth. Over at Realoldspower.com there is a long thread about the O.C.A. encouraging people to join up, apparently one of the people heavily involved in it is a senior member or something, if you read that thread you might get some leads.
Old July 5th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Tom Servo's Stunt Double

Correct, Dan....except there was a fire several years ago and there's no records for cars made before (I think) 1975. Before that, $25 will get you a general package on your model, but no specific info on your VIN. After that, $50 gets you a great research packag with all the factory build docs. If the car was sold in Canada, all records are available from Olds of Canada.

C.J.
Old July 7th, 2006, 12:17 AM

Smile

thanks