Pictures of my '77 Cutlass Supreme Brougham

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Past Administrator

Smile Pictures of my '77 Cutlass Supreme Brougham

Well folks, I finally got a chance to park the Cutlass on the front lawn and take some pictures. Sorry about the quality but I used the ony digital camera I have which is the one on my cellphone . Anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement with everyone else. Hope you all like them. Oh, almost forgot, click here for the shortcut.
Old July 13th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan,
You have a very nice looking ride there. Love the white and chrome accents. Classy. So what's in it for power and options? Doesn't look like a high miler. Went a little past the 77 and saw your "mugg" shot. Good one!! Just need a brew in the other hand to make it look official.
Old July 14th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Past Administrator

Hehehe, Yeah my buddy took that pic the day we un-loaded the '46 from the trailer. He said sit in it and I'll take a picture so I obliged. Then he said grab the wheel and look mean so I sort of mugged it up. For the Cutlass, I think the belt line molding would be nicer in a chrome instead of a black, or else a lighter color to match the top. What do you think? I plan to keep it original as my '46 is going to be hot rod and we have a Buick LeSabre daily driver. It is a 350/350 car with cruise, a/c, power windows and door locks. Not going to change any of that. I purchased a '77 Cutlass S five years ago and it was stolen in the first month of ownership, never retrieved it. So, I am going to put a security system on it. I work in a radio shop and we have an install department that does cop-cars. I looked in one of our resource catalogs and found a nice six function security system that has shock sensors, starter dis-engage, door lock channel, interior lamp channel, programmable loud speaker, etc, etc. It will be put in so none will know, as invisible as possible. Then with a big steering wheel lock and maybe an additional manual battery disconnect, I dunno....hope to keep this one. 39,000 miles.
Old July 14th, 2008, 08:09 AM

Couple of sweet rides. From the looks of the guard dawg you don't need a security system. Just seeing such a mean looking critter laying in wait scared me!. I think keeping the 46 stock looking is a great idea and yes I like the yellow wheels also
Old July 14th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Past Administrator

Ya, she's a sweet one, adopted us one cold Autumn day about three years ago, just showed up with that sweet smile.
Old July 14th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Quack,quack quack Dan!
Learning to talk like a duck 'cause it seems like it just won't quit raining here.
About the 77 belt line moldings. Are they all one piece? Reason I ask is that my 72 has an option for B85 belt line moldings. Took forever to find them, but I've got em now. the window channels attach to the belt moldings and that's what keeps them attached to the car. I also had a 78 Cutlass Calais Coupe (special order car - burgandy landau over silver body, red interior) that had the wide chrome belt moldings. I really don't know whether the 77 style moldings were available. I do agree that a nice chrome reveal would look awesome.

39000 miles!!??? Ya lucky dog. What little old lady did ya have to mug to get this gem? Nice solid options. One of my buddies had a 76 Cutlass S which looked almost identical to yours. What a great car to ride in and drive. I think you're doing it right by keeping it original. That car presents itself well. Does it have posi? Probably not but I'll bet it has the upgraded suspension and handles corners like they weren't there.
Old July 14th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Past Administrator

Not sure about the suspension upgrade or the differential. Haven't been under the car yet, just looked underneath from the side. The PO removed the cat some time previous, am going with Historic plates to avoid inspections so I can have duals all the way back with nice full sounding mufflers. Can say that it rides like a boat, just like the '76 98 Royale I had about six years ago except of course somewhat lighter and smaller. After driving that Buick all the time it feels loose and limber but solid. I guess the 70's idea of comfort was numbness, if you can't feel the road, it ain't there, right?
Old July 14th, 2008, 03:52 PM

That is a pretty car! I look forward to seeing it in person. Maybe Amy and I can come up for the holidays this year... if gasoline isn't $7.00 / gallon.

That dog of yours is huge! It looks like a sausage with toothpicks stuck into its body. You might want to consider getting it some angeoplasty before it has a heart attack.