Interior panels needed

Old January 3rd, 2019, 01:49 PM

Interior panels needed

Is anyone, anywhere on this planet reproducing plastic interior panels for this body style (S or 442)???
I need rear quarter window and rear side WHITE panels for my 76 S. If they are available in ANY color, I could paint them. Plus, are new clips available?
Old January 3rd, 2019, 02:37 PM
Hookers under Hood

Tom,
I don't know of any re-production plastic's for our cars. Having said that, front & rear bumper fillers are available as you probably know. Other than that, I have seen some front pillar pieces that will work along with the crazy expensive "Chrome Mylar" plastic extruded opera/side window trim .
What really saved ours was,
I'n 1996, the first thing we did to our 76' was tinted the windows. That has saved the interior plastic from becoming worse than it already was.
I doubt we will ever see re-production plastic's for our cars.

Eric
Old January 3rd, 2019, 02:45 PM

Ya----------------I was afraid of that.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 02:51 PM

Yup...Eric is correct. The only interior plastic available in repro are the "A" pillars. Those interior sail panel trims are extremely hard to find in good, used condition. They took a beating from exposure to the sun. And, white seemed to be the most susceptible to dry rot. With that said, keep watch on e-Bay and Craigslist for cars being parted. I've found several sets over the years from the local JY's...but, have long since sold them to others in the same predicament as you.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by crimsoncolby
Yup...Eric is correct. The only interior plastic available in repro are the "A" pillars. Those interior sail panel trims are extremely hard to find in good, used condition. They took a beating from exposure to the sun. And, white seemed to be the most susceptible to dry rot. With that said, keep watch on e-Bay and Craigslist for cars being parted. I've found several sets over the years from the local JY's...but, have long since sold them to others in the same predicament as you.
Now, with that being said, I STILL need LEFT wheel opening moldings for a 76-77 2dr. That's the only years/model that fit, and it MUST be for a 2dr. The 4dr wheel opening moldings are totally different!!!
Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:59 PM
Hookers under Hood

Originally Posted by DZAUTO
Now, with that being said, I STILL need LEFT wheel opening moldings for a 76-77 2dr. That's the only years/model that fit, and it MUST be for a 2dr. The 4dr wheel opening moldings are totally different!!!
Considering how many 76-77 cars were built ,
Those mouldings are very difficult to find in nice shape. If they do come up on ebay, they are often worth more than my car haha.
When I think back to 97'. I just threw mine away after paint because I didn't want them on the car at the time. Didn't give my head a hard anuf shake to say "keep em" .

Eric