hey just bought a cutlass help me out

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2006, 12:43 PM

hey just bought a cutlass help me out

hey i just bought a 1969 Cutlass Supreme, 350ci, V8 and i payed 10, 500 canadian for it was that a good deal and is my car worth it and is it a good desirable car and i need a place to buy a new steering wheel for it(a site or w/e)
the car is in excellant condition and there is no rust on body except the front bumper a little spot and the engine was once overheated and there is rust therenew tires and paint the paint is not original the never made the cutlass in pearl white
thx
Old April 17th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Past Administrator

Welcome to the site. I don't know if you car was worth it or not. First, I don't know the conversion from Canadian $ to U.S. $. Second, your short written description cannot surely do justice in completely describing the condition of your car. I would say this, if you like your car and think you paid a fair price then you did and you should be happy. We all love our Oldsmobiles and you have found a good place to share in that mutual feeling.

About your car being overheated once, it really shouldn't be a serious concern but you might have a mechanic you trust take a look at it. The radiator for leaks/damage, the cap for correct pressure regulation, etc. The rust you mentioned....do you mean a rust stain from expelled coolant on the top of the intake manifold near the thermostat housing? If so, that might be evidence of a ruptured upper radiator hose and was probably a result of the overheating, which reminds me, have the hoses checked as well.

That pearl white color sounds terrific, can you post some pics? Again, welcome to the site.
Old April 17th, 2006, 08:13 PM

thanks will do

thanks will do and ill try to post pics ttyl