Hotchkis / Global West / Currie Rear LCA's, and installing coil springs w/ no weigh

Search this Thread

Old January 2nd, 2011, 04:20 PM

Hotchkis / Global West / Currie Rear LCA's, and installing coil springs w/ no weigh

Anyone use the Hotchkis 1302 Rear LCA's? If so, how do you like them? Any bind noticeable? I have them, but considering getting something like GW's poly/joint (or poly/delrin) arms, or Currie Currectrac's poly/joint arms.

Also, what is the trick to installing coil springs with these aftermarket rear lower arms? Stock... I would just jack the car up, put on stands, let the rear end sag down, then pull out the coil springs... simple. Not so in this case. In the pic, the lower arms hit the axle bracket thingy which stops the rear end from going any lower.

At present, I have the coil springs in, one side completely bolted up upper and lower (not tightened though). I just can't line up the drivers side lower arm hole in the axle. I got the bolt through the hole on one side of the arm. It is shy like 1/4 inch from going completely through the other side of the arm. That is how close it is (see last pic below). Axle and arm do not want to seem to budge more though. I am assuming a coil spring compressor might do it? thx

Last edited by oldzy; October 22nd, 2011 at 08:45 PM.