1972 cutlass s suspension replacement recommendation

Search this Thread

Old September 25th, 2018, 06:33 AM

1972 cutlass s suspension replacement recommendation

hello would like to redo my front suspension should i do the whole front end suspension any recommendation on parts or kits i think everything is original except springs i just use it to go cruising thank you
Old September 25th, 2018, 06:59 PM
'72 Cutlass ragtop

search the threads on this topic and you'll find plenty of good info on rebuilding your front end.

Majority opinion for a street car typically dictates staying with stock replacement parts, using good brands like Moog and TRW - probably best to use rubber bushings for the control arms but a good option would be to use urethane end links and sway bar bushings, to help sharpen your handling. Stock spring replacements and good shocks to round it out. Bilstein and KYB are typical performance shock favorites but your call as to what you want to spend. Best to source all the parts individually to ensure you're getting the best quality parts - kits are usually piled together with no-name brand parts, many times of varying quality.

research your part numbers and brands, then shop online for best prices - ebay, JC whitney, Summit/Jegs, etc - always look for discount codes as well, they can save you a small fortune if you're careful.

this is how I put my '72 Cutlass convertible together - great deals and no regrets

Last edited by 70sgeek; September 25th, 2018 at 07:02 PM.