The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Truck Trip and a few rambling thoughts

Old June 13th, 2014, 08:55 PM

Truck Trip and a few rambling thoughts

I just spent four days with my Old Man (he is now 87) on what we call a truck trip. We saw three states, over a thousand miles and a bunch of rough dirt roads. I took a couple rifles and two fishing rods and never uncased a thing but still had a great time. We revisited old haunts that we hadn't seen in 20 years, told and relived all our past lies and adventures, slept out under the stars at 7500 feet elevation with nothing but a tarp and a sleeping bag and found out all over again that it gets mighty cold after dark in the high country. Sometime before daybreak a owl landed on my head and I almost needed to make a bed and clothing change but somehow lived through it all. All in all one of the most enjoyable times we have had together in a long time.

I found out again its the journey not the destination, if you can take your aged relative on a trip go and relive the good times do it...because they are still out there.... Still wandering the wilds of northern Nevada in my mind.....Tedd
Old June 13th, 2014, 09:20 PM

Sounded like a very good trip.
Old June 14th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Tedd:

You are very fortunate you still have your Dad and that his health is good. My Dad has been gone a long time. What I would give for a time like this. What great memories you will always have from trips like this. I know that I haven't told you one thing you don't already know.