The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

'96 Ply. Voyager front sway bar eyelet broken.

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2011, 07:54 PM

'96 Ply. Voyager front sway bar eyelet broken.

A friend has one of these & the front sway bar eyelet on one end snapped. Not the sway bar end links, but the sway bar itself. The eye is still attached to the end link?. It obviously needs a sway bar & while there, end links, but I've never replaced a front sway bar on one of these. Don't know how hard or not hard it is. Any one done one of these &/or have a picture of the bottom of the front of one of these by chance? I haven't stuck my head under there to see yet, just being lazy asking for advice first. If it's easy, I'll just get one from a yard & do it but if it's a pita, off to a shop it goes.
Old June 11th, 2011, 06:23 AM

Not too bad to replace the sway bar . Price after market places like NAPA or Advance auto parts for a new sway bar kit . Ithink the last few I did the replacement bar was a solid bar instead of a hollow bar and it also included bushings . You may need to drop the cradle just a bit for clearance but if it only has front haet and AC Ithink you don't need to . GOOD LUCK ,TOM ........
Old June 11th, 2011, 06:44 AM

Tom,
Thanks for the info! That was exactly the kind of advice I was looking for.
Old June 11th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Certifiable car addict...

I've done a few. Should be fairly easy & straightforward. Since it's a grocery/kid getter, and not a performance vehicle, might just want to get a used one from a yard. Could save a few bucks on the job. That's where I'd look first. 15 y/o minivan probably isn't worth the bucks for a new one.

-Jeff