The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Registered

Good Morning.

What happened in Chardon is a real shame, if it can happen in a place like that it really can happen anywhere.
My older daughter knows the family of the kid that died yesterday, my niece's husband was one of the paramedics that responded.

I'm still around Sandy, been busy with the kids and doing the brakes on my wonderful car.
One daughter decided to come home from school for the weekend and the other one decided to hang out here for a few days so she could sleep and let her mom and sister take care of her baby.
I just play with him, no changing diapers or feedings.
Old February 28th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well glad to know you're still around!!! I see you pushed us on over to page 96 too! Cool! I feel real bad about that school situation - sorry to hear your family is involved kinda sorta. That has to be a tough thing for them. Usually these shooters kill themselves after they do their deadly deed - wonder why this kid didn't? I'm hearing soooo much speculation about his home life, his personality, etc.... We'll probably never know the truth. Won't bring those kids back, anyhow. Just a sad thing.

Wonder where Clint is?? Hope all is ok with him......
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone!

Jamesbo you don't understand. This is pizza I grew up with, and it's even cut into little squares. Didn't make it last night so now I'm in a frenzy. Hope I can go tonight.

You know I've been wanting another Oldsmobile for quite awhile, but haven't found a worthy candidate. Yesterday I came across an 88 Custom Cruiser by my house. Beautiful. Rebuilt 307, everything works. Blue with wood. 1500 bucks. Maybe I'll go look at it today. I really don't need another car, but heck a Custom Cruiser? I'll be in with the cool people.

Clint said he was having computer problems. Hope he gets back online soon. I wonder if it's some sort of cow season that's keeping him busy. I hope his folks are doing okay.

And now off to Awful house. Got a couple more errands as well, like check on the place that still hasn't gotten the Rolls finished, and the rest of the day to myself.

Everyone have a good one!

Mike
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:10 AM

Morning all, sunny out now, but tonight and tomorrow they are calling for .5-1.00" inch of freezing rain...it's going to be a mess. Ya know Udo, I took a ride with my dad one time when he was in his late seventy's...and I looked like that dog!
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

What A Shame...

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
now another kid has died. Too close to home. It shouldn't happen anywhere
The second boy is Brain Dead...

What a shame. Now all of the gun haters will come out of the woodwork and try to take our guns away. I have had a carry permit for a few years and my gun has not killed anyone. I sleep with a six-shot 20 ga. shotgun next to my bed. The bad guys have chosen to do home break-in on old TAXPAYERS like us.

Sandy, we lived about 10 miles north of Chardon. My children all graduated from Mentor High School. Mentor High has in excess of 3000 students. Sandy, I think that the creep that created all the carnage at Chardon High, needs to be tried as an adult and be put away for 25 years!....

We have "Just Another Beautiful Day In Paradise," JABDIP...

Tomorrow we get A FREE DAY! What is everyone gonna do with theirs?

--Don

Old February 28th, 2012, 08:31 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All!

Just getting off work, today's my Friday It's a mostly froggy day with scattered sprinkles here but temps are really mild (around 58) and supposed to get up to around 70 before the dinner bell rings.

It sure saddens me to hear about the kids that didn't get to live long enough to even begin to live and their lives taken unnecessarily. Speaking of, I had a scare last week. My oldest is off at GA Southern University and there was a bus that caught fire on campus (electrical) And then about the time it smoked up the campus and everyone was gathering around to get a look to see what was burning, Pop.... Pop................BOOM! Thankfully no one was injured Here's a link if ya want to check it out. Be warned: STRONG LANGUAGE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuFKA-QSQHw I'd make sure the small kids aren't anywhere around an earshot from the speakers. Explosion happens @ 2 mins 20 secs. There are more but I haven't had a chance to view them all, but I'm sure there's strong language in all of em

Good luck with the roof Jamesbo, say did you ever get your HVAC squared away?

Blue... Blue.... Where are you? Come out, come out, where ever you is

Yall have a great Frid ahem Tuesday

Scot
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:33 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Oh I see where Blue posted right whilst Sandy was typing. Heck I've been out a few days, didn't realize we're on pg 96 already
Old February 28th, 2012, 09:46 AM

Good Afternoon Everyone.

I just don't know what to think when something like that school shooting happens. It is very sad.

It is sunny out today and only -8C. Nothing exciting happening here.

Have a great day.
Old February 28th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well we just heard that the 3rd kid has died. What a terrible thing. The shooter goes to court this afternoon. Fox 8 Cleveland is going to broadcast it on live TV, I may turn it on on my laptop. I just can't see how he can justify what he did. Of course, maybe he doesn't want to or feel he has to, I dunno. Don't know anything about the young man.

Scot.... glad to know you're still around, lol!
Old February 28th, 2012, 11:50 AM

Morning all, rain has gone away for now so that's a good thing

Real sad to hear about that school shooting. That's one thing oz doesn't have here that I can remember. Guns are so hard to get over here which is prob a good thing.

1st day back, let's hope the week goes fast.

Be careful on that roof Jamesbo

Hope Clint is doing well and his folks too.

You have to post some pics of the royal car of yours Mike

Have a great long weekend everyone

Adrian
Old February 29th, 2012, 04:24 AM

Mawn'in all

Wet one but warm. No roof'in today.

Happy leap day Olds friends.

Mike, Sum'in ain't right 'bout square Pizza. Corn bread is spose to be square. NO Wait, my corn bread is round too. I always cook mine in a black iron skillet

Cut'in de metal roof angles fer de dormers is dangerous werk. So I got me a new pair of gloves.
Old February 29th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Always room for one more

Hm, hump and leap? Busy day. How is everyone?

Pizza is supposed to be in squares. My favorite are the little triangle corners that result from cutting something round into squares. MMM can't wait to go tonight! It's my last chance this week.

Gloomy, gloomy day here. Feels warmer than 60. Got a few errands to run which will of course start off with Awful house. You know as much as I love that place, I'm getting bored with the same old thing. You can only do so much to an egg. Maybe I'll change it up and get my hashbrowns covered and smothered.

Adrian that royal car is more like a royal pain. I stopped by the place yesterday, and no one was there that could give me any update. Admittedly it was lunchtime, but the one guy said, oh they'll call you when they get back in. Never heard peep. Two and a half weeks they've had it. Not a good start. At least the hood ornament is still there.

Jamesbo, I'd say with those gloves, there is nothing more to say.

Have a great day everyone.

Mike

Last edited by slantflat; February 29th, 2012 at 05:46 AM. Reason: spelt sup'm wrong
Old February 29th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Cutlass Lover

Mornin All!

Raining like the cow on the flat rock here this morning, but temps in the high 30's now, heading towards 60 they say!! Supposed to get a break in the rain sometime, then it comes back in this evening with storms.

I almost hit a Jeep of some kind this morning on my way to work. I was in the left lane and went to get in the right lane on 91, and did not see this Jeep at all! I always check my mirrors and turn my head and look over, but this one must have been right in the blind spot! I just heard a horn blowing as I was moving over!! They must have hit their brakes, thank God. It scared the crap outa me. Heart was pounding and I was shaking like a leaf, lol! I've never come that close to hitting someone. Of course the Jeep was kind of like that champagne color, and their headlights were not on in this pouring rain!!!!

When I turned to go into the bank, they got in the right turn lane too, and I thought, Oh no.... they're gonna follow me in and chew me a new a$$! They didn't though. I would have deserved it..... I felt really bad that I didn't see them. It's not like I cut in front of them on purpose! I really didn't want to wreck Tincanio this morning.

So that's my excitement for the day..... I hope!

It's quiet in here thus far. Sandals and fan are on!! Clay and Steve have their heaters blasting and are in sweaters! It's 76 in this room. The guys are really busy!! Clay got several huge orders yesterday.... the owner will be pleased! Steel is moving which is a good thing around here!!

Jamesbo.... Donato's cuts their pizza into little square pieces. I like their pizza. Those gloves are funny, lol! Make sure you only use them for the roofing job!!!!

Adrian.... Thanks for the thought, but why ya wishing us a long weekend? It's only Wednesday, lol!

Well you all have a good leap/hump day!
Old February 29th, 2012, 06:02 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All

Weather is same as Mike's and Jamesbo's Blah, dank and warm.

I've got to go meet with a mechanical guru this evening, I can fix most anything myself but when it takes a laptop, the proper software and hand tools, I leave that to the ones that dished out the dough for the expensive software.

Yall have a great humpin leap day

Scot
Old February 29th, 2012, 08:26 AM

Pizza is supposed to be in squares.
Eh, watsa matta you ? The pizza, she 'a round!
Old February 29th, 2012, 10:29 AM

Morning all, clear day by the looks of it which should be nice, prob be hot at later today

I thought you had a day off this week Sandy, that's why I wished a long weekend. Prob doesn't help that I don't have a American calendar with all your holidays on it

You sure they're fixin your car Mike and not using it to drum up business? Look we have a rolls here so we must be good

Those gloves should be able to help with more then just the roof Jamesbo by the look of them

That's why I don't like modern cars Scot, as much as they are nice with all their fancy gadgets and all if they break you can't fix it unless you have all that software and know how to use it otherwise when you are done ya put it in drive and it goes backwards

Another day at the office, have a good day everyone,

Adrian
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well I'm heartbroken to hear that Davy Jones from the Monkees died today! I loved them back in the day! Had all their albums... still enjoy hearing their music. He was 66 they said and died of a heart attack. So.... does that mean he won't have an anniversary of his death until another 4 years? Sorry....... Their going to play some Monkees tribute music on the radio station I have on sometime this hour.

My favorite Monkee was Mike, though. I liked him and Mickey the best.

So it's cleared up here right now - the sun is even out and it's in the 50's! Of course, after I walked at lunch in the dank gloom..... But... we are under a tornado watch until 9 pm tonight. So that's not good. Looks like a lot of devistation and loss of lives out in the midwest early morning from tornados. Guess the season will start early this year with this strange weather we've been having. Sure hope one doesn't blow in this area later. Stay safe everyone!!
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Cutlass Lover

A little tribute, lol!
Old February 29th, 2012, 12:10 PM
72 Olds CS

sorry to hear that...I used to love to watch the monkees on TV....I liked them all but I think maybe micky was my favorite
Old February 29th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Cutlass Lover

OMG!!!! I just went outside and it's soooooo beautiful out there! 64 degrees! I have to act like Brian now and say I'm going out for a cigarette, lol, so I can enjoy it! I'm so envious of you all that live where it's warm like this all winter. I can't imagine it!!!!!
Old February 29th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Registered

Not a good day...I borrowed my daughter's Jeep and was driving up route 91 this morning and some crazy lady in a tin-can rice-burner SUV tried to run me off the road.
I had the dogs out to enjoy the nice weather and they ran all over the place and got covered with mud. It took me 20 minutes to wash them off and they don't like it. When I win the lottery I'm going to have a dog wrangler on staff at the Playboy Mansion.

Too bad about Davy Jones, way too young.
The Monkeemobile is cool, any red GTO convertible is cool.
Old February 29th, 2012, 04:22 PM
"Car"mudgeon

^^^ Baahahahahaha ^^^
Old February 29th, 2012, 04:22 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

A normal winter day here. Cloudy and cool.

I got a call this morning asking if I could make it to a job interview this afternoon I got a call about supper time telling me I start Monday It is only a 1 month contract, but at least it's a start.

Blue, a tin-can rice burner SUV you say? Sounds sort of familiar
Old February 29th, 2012, 04:29 PM

Good afternoon all

Happy leaping hump day. Guess that sounds ok

I am the same age as Davey Jones. Big reminder of how fast time flies. They were fun to watch

Jamsbo, thems some gloves, ought to do the job now all you have to do is quite planning and start working. Now don't forget to tie yourself off. Not around the neck and make sure the rope stops you before you hit the ground. You could use one of them bungee cord type ropes that would be entertaining to watch.

Rain and snow mix mid 30's here.

Hope everyone's doing fine. Been really busy lately and been missing my CO fix and CO friends
Old March 1st, 2012, 05:12 AM

Mawn'in all

Warm an wet, Storms com'in in tonite an tomorrow.

Pat, Dat reminds me of a story and LTL sales lady from de Tennessee mountains used to tell about her uncle. He had a barn dat had the back side overlook'in a cliff. One day he was werk'in on de back side of de barn's roof. So he tied a rope over the roof and around his waist and secured it to de axle of his model A. Unfortunately his wife didn't know it. She jump in his car to go to town and drug him about 5 miles down de road.

Too wet to do much roof werk, So, I'll jes plan sum mo.

Have a Great Day Olds friends
Old March 1st, 2012, 05:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

......Not a good day...I borrowed my daughter's Jeep and was driving up route 91 this morning and some crazy lady in a tin-can rice-burner SUV tried to run me off the road.

Blue...... you're bein a shi*, lol!!!! Now that's funny right there and I don't care who ya are!

Paul..... you stay out of it, lol! Happy to hear you got a job! What are you going to be doing? Maybe it will turn into something permanent.

Scot..... Did you hear back from that other job you were applying for?

Well it's a dark cool morning here. It's 40 right now. They're calling for rain/snow showers possibly. Back up to 60 tomorrow! We set a record of 68 degrees yesterday!

It was nice until around 8ish last night. I was watching Idol when the storm showed up. It messed up the satellite.... Thunder and lightening, then hail! Big hail, little hail, all sorts of it pounding the house. I took a pic of the deck from inside the breezeway when it was done. We heard lots of sirens - I imagine the roads got slick pretty fast with all that hail. The yards were covered. It came down hard and fast for about 6 minutes or so. No tornados though.

Larry was going to get his truck E-checked this morning. His b'day is on the 8th so he has to get his tags. He's been working on getting all his dash lights to go off, lol, before E-check. Hope it passes! I hate E-check.....

Quiet in here again, but we're busy!!! Brian was up all night with "something intestinal", he said, so he's "exhausted" this morning and doesn't know how long he'll be here before he has to go home and sleep.......... Of course he was saying yesterday that he 'needs a day off' soooooooo.....

Jamesbo..... you be careful on that roof!! That's a funny story, lol!

Citcapp..... welcome back! Always nice to hear from ya when you get a chance to pop in!

Have a great day all!! Still worried about Clint......

Attachment 177817

Last edited by cutlassgal; March 1st, 2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old March 1st, 2012, 06:04 AM

We got hit here yesterday
in about 90 Minutes I found this on my car..

Attachment 177816
Old March 1st, 2012, 06:14 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin and 1st Day of March!

I am so glad spring is that much closer, however we didn't have much of a winter. I figure we will have a cold snap or two before we start seeing 80 degree temps, but as far as a cold enough winter to control the mosquito population was where we lacked.
Jamesbo now that is a funny story Poor guy Jest be sure not to tie off on your Super Models car
Yall have a great day

Scot
Old March 1st, 2012, 06:23 AM
Registered

Good Morning.

It stormed and hailed around here??
I must have been sleeping.

The good old guy fixing the barn roof and car story.
Maybe his wife was in a hurry to go buy some new work gloves?

The rope gets in the way and you end up tripping over it all the time when you tie yourself off. Just pound a few spikes in the roof and grab those if you start sliding down.
That perilous slide does get your blood flowing though, people pay big money for those kinds of thrills.

So you started smoking so you could take smoke breaks in the nice weather Sandy????
Take a five minute energy stuff break instead, that must take at least five minutes.

I just voted, did the absentee ballot deal and now I need a ton of postage to send it back so I have to go way over to the post office to mail it. It would have been cheaper and easier just to vote at the church up the street next Tuesday.
Old March 1st, 2012, 06:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Blue.... you are funny this morning, lol! No, I didn't start smoking again. Just said "I'm goin out to have a cigarette" cause that's what Brian says everytime he goes out to smoke, lol. So I figure that gives me a good excuse to step out into the nice weather and enjoy it a little, lol!

So why the heck are you voting absentee if you're close by your voting place? Nevermind....... you just make me laugh!

So I walked around the yard last evening when I got home from work, and we have big buds on some of the daffodils on the side of the house already! The friggin deer have already chomped a lot of the tulips and crocus' off. I do have some gold colored winter crocus open in the front flower bed! They're sooo pretty! I sprinkled handfuls of Irish Spring soap around the flowers in all the beds, hoping to keep the deer out of them. It usually works.
Old March 1st, 2012, 07:34 AM

Mixed show and rain here

On the news this morning the mountain rescue guys had to save one of those guys in a flying suit that jumps off of cliffs and glide for a while then parachute to the ground. Seems this guy put his parachute on backwards so when he jumped off and started to glide he realized his mistake turned into the cliff and crashed into a ravine on the side of the mountain. The rescue crew had to repel down the cliff to get him. Yes he lived through it

Jamsbo when you work on the roof make sure your parachute is on correctly.
Old March 1st, 2012, 07:41 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Quote O' the Day

Politicians and diapers should be changed often, and for the same reason."
-Mark Twain-
Old March 2nd, 2012, 04:50 AM

Mawn'in all

Warm but it's fix'in to come up a cloud.

No roof werk again today. Dis is kinda like build'in de Taj Mahal. It's gonna take a while.

Actually, de story 'bout de guy gett'in drug off de roof was alot funnier wit a east Tennessee hills ax-cent.

Sandy, Ya could allways take up dipp'in. De be sure to let cha go fer long walks.

Y'all mite find dis interest'in. I went to a "Care Givers" meeting yesterday. De speaker had a program dat he taught in hospital, and utter health care facilities dat taught doctor, nurses, pharmaisit etc. How to make sure the patient understood what health directions, medications warn'in etc. given out.

Sum'em like 85 % of the information, medical advice, is not clearly understood by de general publix. De also found out dat if de people giv'in out dis information and or meds would take sum extra time explai'in an mak'in sure de patients knew what to do or how to take de meds, it would actually save dem time in de long run. AND help to elimate law suits, emergency calls from adverse reactions to medicaiton etc.

Clear communication [in dis world where everyones hair is on fire] of information and not jes data is gett'in harder and harder.

In my line of werk, am constantly amazed at what people ain't got a clue 'bout.

So I tell everyone who leaves my office, " If you're like me, you're gonna get in de car an 'bout 3 miles down de road you're gonna say to yourself, I wish I had axed him sum'em else"

PLEASE, here's my cell # jes call me.

Have a great day everyone.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 05:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Kind of cloudy with a little weak sun out right now. Supposed to get up around the 60's then bad storms coming at us later this evening with tornado potential. Gonna have high gusty winds into tomorrow. Snow coming on Sunday and into Monday.

Brian is back..... all rested up from his afternoon off yesterday. Now he's 'congested' and coughing...... he got Clay's germs. Clay is better this week. I sure hope I don't get this crap. Such a small area in here, and Clay sneezes and coughs without covering his mouth or nose. I spray germ killing stuff all the time. These guys are gross!!!!!!

So I'm looking at desks for in here. I want a friggin desk. We work off of brown cafeteria tables, do ya believe that????? After 4 years, I'm tired of it. It's not comfortable for me - they're too high. I have a hard time reaching my keyboard and I have no room for papers cause the keyboard is in the way. Steve had a cafeteria table when he opened this office here, so they just added more! They don't mind them. But then again, Steve and Brian are tall - they can reach. Clay is short but seems to be comfortable with his table, I'm short and not comfortable. I didn't want to complain, being the new kid, but it's enough now. So I'm looking for a desk. Saw some nice ones at Office Max. No drawers, but it's a nice L-shaped one. I also face the wall in here, so I'm working with a shadow over me when I write cause the light is behind me. I'd like to turn around and face out into the room, even though there's nothing to look at except Brian, lol. So I'm gonna have to tell Steve I want a desk!

We really need a bigger unit - we have boxes stacked up all over the place cause there is no storage room, we have 5 shelf plastic stands in the bathrooms to hold supplies and things. It's plain and ugly in here, and when you spend more time at work than you do at home, it should be nice. I've hung several pictures. I'm trying, slowly but surely.....

Jamesbo..... I agree with what you're saying, and I agree with you!! People don't like to take the time to ask questions, especially with doctors and such. They feel like the doctor or pharmacist is too busy, doesn't have enough time, etc.... Not me! I ask. They may not like to take the time to 'splain to me, but I ask if I don't understand.

My Marc might come by today and take me to lunch! I haven't seen him for awhile, so that will be nice. He said he may be in this area today.

Larry's truck passed E-check, so he's happy. I have to go to the license bureau tomorrow and get the sticker for Tincanio and the Intrigue. There goes $110.00!!

Well you all have a nice day!! I hope all is well with Clint and his family....
Old March 2nd, 2012, 07:57 AM

Boy Jamsbo you sure can make excuses for not getting that roof done

Sandy, get a good office chair with full adjustment when you get your new desk that will make a world of difference too.

Just 17 days until spring and we will turn the clock back shortly and get some more daylight Ya! Almost cruising time
Old March 2nd, 2012, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Boy Jamsbo you sure can make excuses for not getting that roof done
NEVER do today what you can put off til tomorrow.......and Monday's com'in up so....................
Old March 2nd, 2012, 08:43 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All!

Looks like we have a beautiful day before the twisters and t-stroms get here dis eve. Currently around 73 degrees and partly cloudy.

Haven't heard back from de udder post office yet Guess I need to go chew on da post masters ear a bit. Anywho I haven't stopped applying to any and all jobs out there that suit my taste. Da pm at the office I'm in now is a real piece of werk Out of my 25 years in the werking world I've never seen such an idiot in my life and I've been around all kinds

Well yall have a great Friday ya hear

Scot
Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:45 AM

Scot,

Good luck on your job search. There is an unlimited supply of management idiots out there. Makes you wonder what their bosses are like up the chain of command. So's you how far a guy can go with a little A$$ kissing
Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy folks. Sorry I was recalcitrant yesterday. I get these bouts of tonsilitis once in a while and I was at the doctors all afternoon. Before and after that I didn't feel like doing squat. Called in to work and went to bed early.

Feel okay today but not much energy. I'm going to work tonight, only because it would be my Friday anyway. I hope I get some gumption for the weekend.

It's about 80 here in the Greater Stockbridge area and the sun is just peeking out. Maybe I'll go out and tinker with the yellow truck a little. Some fresh air and sunshine won't hurt me a bit.

Hope everyone's having a good day.

Mike
Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:33 PM

Hey you Georgia boys...hope your thunderstorms were only that and nothing too serious. I was watching Seinfield on Peachtree and they kept interupting the show with storm warnings. Hope all turns out well.