The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 31st, 2012, 11:35 AM

Hi all...

from the east comes freezing temperatures over Germany.
Next nights go down to -15°C...
But the days still sunny..

Jamesbo, Ik spreek keen Nederlands.. sorry...
But I tell u, with a german girlfriend, would be not happened to you..

Now to the pic of the day..
Birds twitter me, that was a crossroad in Milton,GA.
If u must stop there, hope you have enough to eat and to drink aboard.
You must stay a long at this place...

Nice Day all..

Udo
Old January 31st, 2012, 11:50 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Sandy I went with Stainmaster carpet, the one with the 25 year warranty. And Lowes has blown everyone out of the water by a cool grand, so with the free install and a 5% discount for putting it on my card I got the kit and caboodle for right at $1,000.00. Which isn't bad at all considering the installer has agreed to put a small area of vinyl by the front door to take our shoes off. The wife is ecstatic, and if she's happy....... Well nuff said. LOL
Scot
Old January 31st, 2012, 11:57 AM

"Happy wife= Happy Life"
Old January 31st, 2012, 12:02 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Yes sir
Old January 31st, 2012, 01:43 PM
Cutlass Lover

If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy, lol! Well sounds like you got a good deal! I got the same kind of deal at Home Depot... free install, etc... I also got the Stainmaster. I like it! I got 3 bedrooms in different colors, and the living room, and the hallway the same color. It was around $3000 but worth it!! I"m sure you'll enjoy it!
Old January 31st, 2012, 02:32 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks Sandy, it's not even installed yet and I am so enjoying it
Old January 31st, 2012, 04:43 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Off topic but..... My coupe is featured in the Feb edition of featured cars

Spread the word. Wild About Cars dot Com is free to join and has a plethora of interesting stuff along with an ever increasing library of original factory brochures, publications, manuals and all kinds of automobilia. On top of that any and all can be downloaded and printed for the taking. Just say GAOldsman (me) referred you if you wish to join. Tons of Oldsmobile stuff!! Oh and you can view pretty much everything w/o becoming a member, but membership is encouraged. Check it out and let me know whatch think

http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-b...=9990327521194

Scot
Old January 31st, 2012, 08:47 PM

Afternoon all, just woke up but I might go back to bed for another hour or so have 1 more night shift left

I joined wild about cars when I did the engine, got a full manual for all 69 Oldsmobiles, was very helpful.

Hope you get that tyre fixed Sandy and it doesn't cost you an arm an a leg

Good price on the carpet Scot. When the carpet got put down in this house it was 3700 for 4 bedrooms, lounges, library and mpr.

Well back to bed for a bit have a good night/day

Adrian
Old January 31st, 2012, 09:25 PM

Sounds like Sandy is getting the best weather.

Still getting the rain Adrian?

Jamesbo, you got that right

Udo, cool sigh post(s) likes like Washington street crews at work
Old February 1st, 2012, 04:30 AM

Mawn'in all

Warm dis mawn'in wit rain dis afternoon.

Scot,

WTF is "Off topic" in dis thread.

If'in you'd said "ON Topic" I'd really be confused.

Yeah, Our very own W machine put me onto Wild 'bout cars. Cool place wit all kinds of goodies. Dat guy has forgotten more 'bout Oldsmobiles dan I'll ever know.

Sorry folks, I ain't got alot to say 'bout carpet, Ain't got none. If ya wanta talk 'bout cats an grass cloth wall cover'in I could write a tome.

Udo, Dat don't look like Milton to me. Too many signs. We got neighborhood activist dat pitch a hissy fits over signs.

Das klingt nicht nach Milton Blick zu mir. Wir haben Nachbarn, die einen Anfall über Zeichen wäre Pech.

Dat better?

Happy hump'in today.
Old February 1st, 2012, 04:46 AM

The rain had stopped yesterday afternoon but they say more is coming in a day or so, we'll see.

I feel alot like you Pat when it comes to yard work, ya think it's all done then you turn around and something else has come up

Have a good day ya'll

Adrian
Old February 1st, 2012, 05:03 AM
CQR

Happy Humpday morning all.

Udo, I think I've been through that intersection a time or two.

Sandy, I'm with you on the colder weather, We should see it tomorrow when it starts snowing. S'pose to see 3-7".

Adrian, I'll trade my 3 more day shifts for your one night shift

Pat. I agree its hard to find good meat. We buy chicken from Costco, but the poke and steer we eat has usually has a name, and speakin of that the ladies are starting to bag up, so it shouldn't be long before the calves start spittin out. One of my employees has already lost a couple calves to the wildlife. They have a nasty old mountain lion in the area, and they also found a coyote dining on one of the calves the other morning, not sure if it was still born or not.

Scot, I'm glad that you can still make the Mrs. smile . Nice article, I also have an old hunk of metal featured this month. Congrats! You don't by chance have a relative here in Colorado by the name 'Butch' that races hill climb, do you?

The ankle biter got her braces off yesterday, she's walking around like a cheshire cat now. Now another 10-15 years with a retainer and she'll be ready for her cover shot on Vogue

I'm dog 'rear' tired. Sorry I haven't been keepin up on my posts. Dad had a real bad weekend, I took him into the ER on Sunday to find he had a leaker on the right side of his bean. He spent about 6 hours on the table yesterday while the Dr. put 4 coils in that nasty aneurysm. Everything went well, but I bet hes gonna be sore today. He has to spend the next 3 weeks or so in ICU, and they have to wake him up every hour and check his functions. I give him about a week before he starts getting as nasty as a honey badger .

Mom goes in for surgery to rebuild her knee tomorrow Looks like I'm gonna spend a lot of time at the Hospital now.

Like dad says, gettin old ain't for sissies. But its better than the alternative.

Have a great day all!
Old February 1st, 2012, 06:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's cloudy here this morning, but was 49 degrees when I came in. Had some rain overnight, still some expected this morning, but it's supposed to be sunny later. There was a pretty sunrise - I saw it! The sun is peeking out occasionally now.

Clint...... Sorry to hear about the health issues!! Hope your family is ok!! It sucks to sit in the hospital and wait. I will certainly say a prayer or two for your folks!! Is your daughter doing well?

Nicole has to go back to that oral surgeon today for a check up. Hope all is healing like it should. When I was at her place feeding grand dog over the weekend, I noticed the bottle of antibiotic she's supposed to take 4 times a day..... it was still practically full, and I don't think she took any with her to take while she was away! Dumba$$!!!! She'll be sorry if she gets infection in those sockets.

I lost the little tiny screw out of the left side of my glasses yesterday. I take them off when I'm out walking at lunch time, and put them in my coat pocket. When I came back in from my walk and put them on, I noticed the side just hanging open. I asked Brian if the screw was still in there - I couldn't tell, it was just all blurry - and he said nope, it was gone. So the only screw I had left in the little glasses kit I keep in my drawer was too big around to go in the hole. I had Clay try to put it in. So I ended up taping the sides together so the lens wouldn't fall out, and I stopped at Sears Optical on my way home, where I got the glasses from and had them put in a screw. She gave me 3 extra little screws on a piece of scotch tape. You think I remember what I did with them, lol?? No. I was looking for them this morning. I remember taking them out of my pants pocket when I got home and changed into my exercise clothes last night, put them on the dresser. Then I remember picking them up as I was heading out of the bedroom and the rest is a mystery!!! I hate it when that happens! The piece of tape is so little, and it's clear. I'll search again tonight when I go home and hope I find them.

Well Tincanio's tire didn't need any air last night or this morning? I'm still gonna take her out to Defer tonight and get it checked out. Maybe the valve stem is screwy or something. I don't get it..... I'm also gonna have them check the electrical system in the Intrigue. Nicole said the "battery" symbol with an arrow pointing "down" came on while she was in Columbus. Said it started ok and ran good, but I don't know. I'd rather have it checked out before I go and buy a battery. I don't remember if the one in it is sealed or not. It just may need water or something added. I never messed with it at all, don't know how long it's been in the car. Could be the original one....

Well you all have a great hump day!
Old February 1st, 2012, 06:35 AM
Mostly Gristle

Morning all,

Did a god job of sleepin in. another warm one here in Taxachusetts.

Mike, I don't really live on my boat full time, more like half time. In the winter its a man cave.

So, looks like a good day to fire up the compressor and sand blast stuff.

Mountain lions eating your cattle? Yikes! Must have to keep the pets inside...

Clint, sorry to hear about your folks. Hospitals are my least favorite place.

Jamesbo, Ever seen claw cover for cats? I use them to keep the cats from wrecking the carpets and furniture.

Can't believe it's February and I've only run the '67 Ariens once all year!

David
Old February 1st, 2012, 06:48 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Ausraven

Good price on the carpet Scot. When the carpet got put down in this house it was 3700 for 4 bedrooms, lounges, library and mpr.
Adrian
Yeah I think so, it always pays to shop around and get three quotes on any thing you buy nowadays. Some people will try to rob you in plain sight if you let em. Have a good evening and don't work too hard tonight.

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

Scot,

WTF is "Off topic" in dis thread.
Well Jamesbo, not necessarily this thread but the main board. The only thing Oldsmobile on the "Hoodlum" is a repop late 50's batwing 4bbl air cleaner that a friend of mine pinstriped for my Dad just before his accident.

If'in you'd said "ON Topic" I'd really be confused.
No doubt I think Sandy gets the biggest trophy for mentioning Oldsmobiles the most (Teepo )

Yeah, Our very own W machine put me onto Wild 'bout cars. Cool place wit all kinds of goodies. Dat guy has forgotten more 'bout Oldsmobiles dan I'll ever know.
No doubt, he knows his stuff that's for sure.

Happy hump'in today.

Originally Posted by CQR
Scot, I'm glad that you can still make the Mrs. smile . Nice article, I also have an old hunk of metal featured this month. Congrats!
It's good to smile a lot too Thanks Clint and Congrats to you on your feature! I am humbled by it, it might not be the cover of "Hot Rod" magazine like a friend of mine (from Kansas) this month but being my two middle daughters had a hand in it made me that much prouder. Especially to see the excitement they had when they saw the final article.

Originally Posted by CQR
You don't by chance have a relative here in Colorado by the name 'Butch' that races hill climb, do you?
You know Clint, I just might. I have several relatives over there on my mothers side of the family. Our history there dates back to the trail of tears and my Grandfather's family was huge. I haven't been west of the Mississippi since the 80's to see them though. There is a ton of old pics that are neat of there. I'll have to dig em up and post a few cool ones.

Originally Posted by CQR
The ankle biter got her braces off yesterday, she's walking around like a cheshire cat now. Now another 10-15 years with a retainer and she'll be ready for her cover shot on Vogue
I know shes glad to be able to eat the stuff she couldn't when she had the braces on.

Originally Posted by CQR
I'm dog 'rear' tired. Sorry I haven't been keepin up on my posts. Dad had a real bad weekend, I took him into the ER on Sunday to find he had a leaker on the right side of his bean. He spent about 6 hours on the table yesterday while the Dr. put 4 coils in that nasty aneurysm. Everything went well, but I bet hes gonna be sore today. He has to spend the next 3 weeks or so in ICU, and they have to wake him up every hour and check his functions. I give him about a week before he starts getting as nasty as a honey badger .
I am sorry to hear that about your Dad. But I am glad they found the aneurysm before it ruptured. Those things can be nasty. You have our prayers that he gets well soon.

Originally Posted by CQR
Mom goes in for surgery to rebuild her knee tomorrow Looks like I'm gonna spend a lot of time at the Hospital now.
Wow it sounds like you have my luck. I hope all goes well with your Mom.

Originally Posted by CQR
Like dad says, gettin old ain't for sissies. But its better than the alternative.

Have a great day all!

And he was right as rain when he said that.

I've got to get started moving furniture and taking pictures down so they don't fall on de installer's heads tomorrow Yall have a good hump day.
Scot
Old February 1st, 2012, 08:01 AM
Cutlass Lover

Scot and Clint....... I just read the articles ! Way cool!!! I love that little Hoodlum, Scot! And I love your dad's headstone. There are alot of those kind of headstones in Hawley cemetery where mom is, and where we all have our plots. Some of the bikers stones are really laid out! I think it's so neat!! It's a beautiful cemetery.

Clint..... why you're just a youngster, aren't you? You were only 7 or 8 in the 70's? I was 20 in 1978, lol. Now I feel old! Great article and beautiful car!! I could almost even see you guys, lol!
Old February 1st, 2012, 08:20 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks Sandy She's a blast to drive as well. With the power that engine makes and that light of a car, it can be a handful! I designed the marker myself and had it made at http://www.mikeslaseretching.com/ in Delaware.

By the way I guess Clint and I are about the same age. LOL Your not old, I thought all women stopped aging at 29. My wife has been 29 eleven times
Old February 1st, 2012, 10:19 AM

Good afternoon everyone.

We we're supposed to have freezing rain overnight and this morning but it ended up missing us.

Clint, glad to hear they found the aneurysm. And hope everything goes well for your mother.

Interesting find with those signs Udo. Nothing that confusing here. The closest we have is a 4 way intersection with 3 of the 4 roads at it having the same name The road goes east to west, then loops around and crosses itself going north-south. Technically it should really be all 4 with the same name.

Have a good day all.
Old February 1st, 2012, 11:13 AM
Always room for one more

Good afternoon everyone.

Scot I perused the Wild About Cars website and joined. I will no longer have free time because it will all be spent looking at that website. Love the story about the Hoodlum, would love to see it run some time. Loved Clint's story, too. Clint you've got me about sold on owning a 67.

Clint best of luck to your parents. Luck? Well, may they have outstanding and competent doctors to bring them through. You're all in my prayers.

Adrian, I've been on midnight shift most of my career. I don't mind it, but I can see why most people would. The sun is a precious commodity. But at only 18 years with the company I can't hold dayshift.

Sandy wrap some tape around the middle of your glasses to match the side piece. I wore glasses since I was a kid, but in high school I got contacts, and never looked back(as it were). I saw on another thread you had a 72 Cutlass a long time ago? What was its story? Probably covered in the "Old" Good morning thread.

Paul I'm glad you missed out on the freezing rain. The streets here in Atlanta are not the easiest sometimes. There are, I think, 13 streets named Peachtree. Some streets will turn and another name begins if you go straight, at some intersections the crossroad goes at an angle, or is offset, and in my town there are multiple streets with the same name. At least there is only one Lakeshore, but my mail routinely gets mixed up with a guy on Club Valley who has the same housenumber. Gotta love the post office.

Work for me tonight, but only two this week because I'm going to Florida to pick up my latest car. Pictures when I get back. Hope everyone has a good hump day.

Mike
Old February 1st, 2012, 11:55 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks Mike I'm glad to see you joined. It is a really cool website especially the library. The info on Oldsmobiles is priceless! Come on down to Reynolds sometime and watch it run. She ain't as fast as she once was, but she's fun. My Dad had her down in the 12's at one time. I think with slicks I can get her down in the low to mid 13's easily in the 1320.
http://www.silverdollarraceway.com/
Can't wait to see some pics of the car. Hit me up if need be, I am about 5 mins from the Hwy 96 exit (142) off of I-75. Shoot me a PM and I will give you my number.
Old February 1st, 2012, 01:22 PM
Always room for one more

Some years ago some friends and I decided to ride our bikes Reynolds just so we'd know where the track was. Me being a newbie to motorcycles, had the gas **** on the wrong position, so when I ran out of gas, I was really out of gas. One guy picked up a bottle from the shoulder and went and got me a little bit of gas so I could ride to get more gas, but at that point we had been riding all day and decided to go home.

The next day at work I was mocked mercilessly, until one of the guys that was with us came up and said, "thank God Mike ran out of gas. We were lost and would never have found it!" We didn't know it at the time, no telling where we would have wound up.

Let us know when you'll be at the track. I'll run down for a day, I'm off Saturdays all year.

Mike
Old February 1st, 2012, 01:54 PM
Cutlass Lover

Hey Mike... I got the screw put in my specs, so all is well now! Yes, I had another 72 back in the day, lol. Had 2 of them actually. I took my driver's test in my brother-in-laws 72, and ended up buying it off of him a couple years later. I fell in love with the car, lol. Parallel parked that baby first try. I was sooo proud! It had the same interior that Teepo has. I ran it until the frame broke in front of the rear wheel. Engine still running strong. Of course my nephew scrapped it. Bought another 72 off a lady I worked with for a couple hundred bucks and ran it until the frame broke too, lol. They weren't in the condition Teepo is in of course. Rusty, vinyl top peeling on the one, but I loved them! Waxed them and kept them as nice as I could. After that one got scrapped, I bought an 85 Cutlass. From there, went to an 85 Delta 88, from there went to another 85 Delta 88, and from there to the 1998 Intrigue - first car I ever financed. Traded the Delta in on it in 2001, lol. Got it paid off and sold it to a fellow at work, then bought the 2001 Intrigue. I've always driven an Olds..... until I bought Tincanio last year. The 5th of Feb. will be a year since I bought it, lol!

Wish I had pics of the cars, but back then, we really never took pictures of the cars. I never really paid attention to any details about them, either. Just drove them until something happened, then got another one, lol.
Old February 1st, 2012, 02:14 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Sounds great Mike, will do. Your in Stockbridge? So have you tried Buckner's restaurant in Jackson yet? It was pretty good last time I ate there. http://www.bucknersfamilyrestaurant.com/
Old February 1st, 2012, 05:09 PM

Clint..... why you're just a youngster, aren't you? You were only 7 or 8 in the 70's? I was 20 in 1978, lol. Now I feel old! Great article and beautiful car!! I could almost even see you guys, lol![/QUOTE]

Gee Sandy I did not know you were that old. You now qualify for the Geezer Club.

Welcome aboard
Old February 2nd, 2012, 04:56 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Morning All!

Today's the day we get the carpet installed, finally . The TW stayed home to "supervise" LOL. At least the rain is gone and it looks to be a really warm day I hope Punxsutawney Phil does the right thing at Gobbler's ****

Yall have a great day!

Scot
Old February 2nd, 2012, 05:35 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda dank but warm'in up dis afternoon.

Boy, I feel slighted. Scot and Mike are gonna have a repast w/o even invite'in dis poor ole cracker.

Mike I was gonna tell ya dat there is more dan 65 streets named Peachtree in Atlanta but ya hurt my feel'ins.

Actually, It ain't got nutt'in to do wit Peaches. Sum guy didn't know de name of de Creek Indian Settlement was "Standing Pitch Tree"

Y'all ain't gonna believe dis when I was werk'in fer a Sport'in Goods Store when I was a pup, I delievered sum basket ball goals to Jackson to de Correctional Institute. I drove up to de town square in my boss's pick 'em up and ax sum wool hat if he knew whar de "Correctional Institute" was. He said, " Nope, but I know whar de prison is."

When I finally found it. I drove thru de security gates, went to de load'in dock and sum guards supervised sum inmates unload'in de stuff. On de way out a guard looked into de truck and told me not to come back in there ever again with extra clothes [my boss's laundry in de back seat]

When I got back to de store, I told my boss what the guard said, and he said "Holly $hit" I forgot to take dat pistol from under de seat.

Lucky thing fer me de guard didn't look under de seat or I'd still be dar mak'in little rocks outa big rocks.

Pat, You sure you're 20 in 78??? Sum whar, I got my math messed up on your age.

Sandy, I'm glad ya got your screws straighten out.

Happy Ground hog day. IMHO de stupidiest thing I've ever heared of.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 05:40 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's a cloudy one here today, but temps in the high 30's right now. Supposed to head to the 40's. I noticed a few buds out on one of our lilacs this morning..... not good.. I think spring will suck around here this year. Poor plants don't know what to do!!

I heard already that Phil saw his shadow..... did you doubt he would, lol?? If he were here, ain't no way he would have saw it as cloudy and dark as it is. I suppose that they have all these bright lights pointed at him though, so that would help him see it. It is what it is, lol.

Well Tincanio got a new "tire sensor kit" installed last night at Defer. Only cost me $17.00. Parts were $6 and labor was $10 plue taxes. So I suppose I'll be going back to get the other 3 replaced too when they fail. Our government protecting me..... I love it. NOT! I think those tire pressure sensor things are stupid and just an extra expense when they crap out. I can check the air in my tires, lol. I do check the air in my tires! Around here in the winter, there's all the salt and sand and slushy crap on the roads, and the wheels fill up with the crap. These sensor things do not last long in the weather. Corrosion, ice...... He showed me the old one, where the rubber o-ring was pretty much delapitated, lol. It was letting little air bubbles come out of the tire.

Mark also said the Intrigue's electrical system checked out ok. No problems with anything. So my total bill was only $50 for both vehicles. Not bad.

Clint..... I heard there's a blizzard heading towards you all and into Oklahoma today or tonight!! Buckle down everything and stay safe out there!

Scot..... Bet your wife is excited!! I know I was! The worst part for me was lugging all the furniture out to the garage, and taking all the bedroom doors down. It didn't take them any time at all to get it installed. I was amazed!!

I love the pic on this month's Olds calendar page! Lady and the others are looking good too!

Citcapp.... How's the song go?? " I used to love you..... but it's all over now"!
I won't join the geezer club until I hit 55, lol!

Have a great day all!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; February 2nd, 2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 05:48 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo....... I was 20 in 1978..... not Citcapp, lol!
Old February 2nd, 2012, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Jamesbo....... I was 20 in 1978..... not Citcapp, lol!
OH

Dat make mo cents now.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 05:58 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Boy, I feel slighted. Scot and Mike are gonna have a repast w/o even invite'in dis poor ole cracker.
Well no fret Jamesbo, we haven't made plans. I just wanted Mike to know whar I is jest in case he runs aground or sumphin. And wouldn't mind a sneak peek of the new project... Hint Hint Oh and the Buckner's question was just that, I just wondered if he ate there before.

Sum guy didn't know de name of de Creek Indian Settlement was "Standing Pitch Tree"
That is cool stuff, I have Creek and Cherokee ancestry so I enjoy reading about them especially those from Gawga.

Y'all ain't gonna believe dis when I was werk'in fer a Sport'in Goods Store when I was a pup, I delievered sum basket ball goals to Jackson to de Correctional Institute. I drove up to de town square in my boss's pick 'em up and ax sum wool hat if he knew whar de "Correctional Institute" was. He said, " Nope, but I know whar de prison is."

When I finally found it. I drove thru de security gates, went to de load'in dock and sum guards supervised sum inmates unload'in de stuff. On de way out a guard looked into de truck and told me not to come back in there ever again with extra clothes [my boss's laundry in de back seat]

When I got back to de store, I told my boss what the guard said, and he said "Holly $hit" I forgot to take dat pistol from under de seat.

Lucky thing fer me de guard didn't look under de seat or I'd still be dar mak'in little rocks outa big rocks.
Wow boy were you lucky, Jackson State Pen ain't nowhar to be, even werkin wise

Happy Ground hog day. IMHO de stupidiest thing I've ever heared of.
I know right??

Originally Posted by cutlassgal

Scot..... Bet your wife is excited!! I know I was! The worst part for me was lugging all the furniture out to the garage, and taking all the bedroom doors down. It didn't take them any time at all to get it installed. I was amazed!!
Boy is she, she is like a tornado at the landfill
Old February 2nd, 2012, 07:24 AM

Sandy,

Being a geezer has its upside.

1. If you forget a birthday of anniversary none one gets upset because your so old
2. Free coffee at McDonalds
3. Discounts on almost all goods bought
4. If you act feeble people will offer to help you
5. Taking naps is expected
6. Your spouse expects you to take time to rest
7. Play in the seniors at the golf club, cost less and you can hit from the gold tees

Lots of other stuff as well
Old February 2nd, 2012, 07:38 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Morning everyone!

Jamesbo I'm sorry. That's why I said, tell -US- when you're racing. That way we can all meet and have the second annual Good Morning thread get-together. I read about the first one in the archives. What the heck is a repast?

Scot I have eaten at Buckners once. It was pretty good. Luckily I was with enough people that we took up the whole table. I'm not always a fan of eating with strangers in such close proximity.

I know a guy with a car named the Geezer. People call him the geezer, though.

Well work was good last night but dragged on longer than I would have liked. So it's time to hit the sack and be ready again this afternoon.

Everyone have a great day.

Mike
Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:07 AM
Cutlass Lover

Citcapp...... You make me laugh, lol! I already use the AARP discount to get my eyes checked and for glasses, lol! I'm gonna take advantage of whatever I can!!!
Old February 2nd, 2012, 10:59 AM

Good day all,
I'M BACK.
The Doctors never did find any reason for my sudden weight lose. All thier tests came back negative,in fact my Doctor said that they are completely stumped . I lost 38 lbs in total in less then a 4 month time period. But it seems like the weight lose has stopped for now. Hope all is well here. I guess I'll go back and catch up on whats going on around here. Have a great day all.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:21 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Hey Norton Glad to see all is well! We've been wondering if everything was hunky dory. Take care and stay in touch. I hope you gain your weight back soon.

Scot
Old February 2nd, 2012, 12:49 PM
Cutlass Lover

Welcome back, Norton! Hey Scot..... How's that carpet look??
Old February 2nd, 2012, 01:06 PM
"Car"mudgeon

It looks gorgeous Sandy The TW is so proud she's already vacuumed it again after they left.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 01:39 PM
Cutlass Lover

I understand, lol! Glad you're happy with it!
Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:18 PM
CQR

Good evening all. Just got back from the 'families second home' Mom came out of Surgery ok. The Spinal didn't take, so they used a general instead. She hates being put under. She just got dinner when I showed up, Chicken broth and Jello. Thanks, I'll pass. She starts PT tomorrow, they have a block installed in that leg for a couple days so she can keep it moving without the pain. Dad Is getting a little more focused each day. He knows the words, but just cant find them. The Dr. said its normal, and may actually get worse as his stay continues, since they won't let him get any real good sleep. They wake him every hour and ask the same 20 questions, and make him touch his nose and squeeze his hands, etc, etc. He got kinda cross with them today about using the john, so they let him and put him on there and then he fell asleep. I'm soo glad I'm not a nurse.

Thank you all for your kind words. All this is making me feel a lot older than Sandy thinks I am. My Sister and I don't get along very well, but so far, things are going well dealing with this.

Sandy. I was entering this world when Janis Joplin was taking Bobbie Mcgee to #1 on the charts. So I was around for most of the '70s altho I may not remember some of it.

Scot. Congrats on being one of those guys that can snare one of them younger ladies. I too have an experienced 29 y.o. beauty queen. Enjoy the new carpet. Does she demand you take your shoes off before walking on it? I sure like your dodge. Looks like a fun ride, I'm hopin to get the Olds up to Bandimere this summer, just for fun. I haven't quarter miled a car in a long time.

Bulldog, I'm glad to hear the weight has stopped dropping, My thoughts continue to be with you, and hopefully the answer will become clear.

Sandy, Yes, Ma'am, its snowing. Estimates range from 6-18 inches here in Denver, Probably more in the foothills, I put the blade back on the mighty yota, I'm sure it'll have work to do tomorrow. The school is already canceled tomorrow. So I have to find out what to do with the kid in the a.m. When I was in School, our superintendent was from Alaska, we never got snow days.

I woulda never guessed that Pat was a member of the local chapter of the optimist club

Mike, Can't wait to see what you got. Congrats.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 03:02 AM

Guten Morgen...

It keeps freezing cold in Germany.. Last Night near minus17°C...

The Postman brought the new JWO-magazine this morning
and suprise suprise in members garage...
That makes me proud and I thanks OCA for this...

I`m looking forward to Super Bowl Party on Sunday,
Cross my fingers for the NY Giants.
Despite the fact that a German guy playes for the Patriots...

A nice friday and fine weekend for all...

Stay clean and drive carefully...

Udo