The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by OLD SKL 69
Hey Sandy, maybe you can find a really nice late model Aurora, would be a lot less than 18k. After all, you have to keep it an Olds family!

My $800 puchase...everything works and it runs like a charm. I've come to love those heated seats.

Attachment 184190

Attachment 184191

Old February 2nd, 2011, 11:15 PM
...should get a life....

Originally Posted by Ddbord
Hey, Colonel..... Has the typhoon got to you yet?
I'm in NSW Don.....nothing gets to us except traffic jams and the cost of living
It came ashore way up in northern Queensland around midnight and did some serious damage to a few smaller towns and a heck of a lot of agribusiness, but it did only minor damage to the 2 big centres up there, Townsville & Cairns. No loss of life or even injuries as far as I'm aware. A great result for a category 5 cyclone.

Ken....that's a real nice car for $800. You wouldn't see anything that good for that money down here. The cheapest cars are around $2400 (at a dealers) and they are crap. That's a $5000 car here any day of the week.

Last edited by Col Wickham; February 2nd, 2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 06:23 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sunshine this morning and 9 degrees! Glad it's over. The wind was really blowing the snow last evening.

Colonel..... happy to hear there wasn't as much damage as feared with the storm!! Power in prayer, I'll tell ya!

Ken.... if I had someone who would put an engine in a car for me and redo brakes and such, I'd buy another older Olds! I've seen a few 80's Cutli advertised in the paper. But I don't have anyone to do all that, and don't have the money to pay to have it done, lol! You lucked out on that deal!

Colonel.... it was the little red seatbelt person that lit up. Clay, here at work, told me that that happens in his Toyota also if he puts weight on the seat and the belt is not fastened. Guess I'm not used to that.

Jamesbo.... hope Ralph the wonder dog is doing better today!

I still have the Rav4. I didnt take it back last night. I will tonight. It's really liking me, lol. I hate to pass up something with only 17000 miles on it. I called my mechanics out at Defer yesterday and asked them their opinion. They had nothing bad to say about them. Said they "usually don't break", lol. Other than just the regular maintenance, they don't see many problems with them. Maybe the owners take theirs to a regular Toyota place or something to be worked on though. I dunno.

I'm sure gonna try to get Don to come down on the price. I'm sure he will - some. Just how much, I dunno!!!! He said he'd work closely with me, so I take it as a good sign. We'll see. Going tonight to sign up with State Farm insurance too. They offered us a great deal on auto and homeowner insurance. Much better than Cincinnati!

Have a great day all!
Old February 3rd, 2011, 06:32 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by 442much
My $800 puchase...everything works and it runs like a charm. I've come to love those heated seats.

What a steal!

--Don
Old February 3rd, 2011, 06:57 AM

I got lucky on this. Alexander was getting his license and Karen didn't want him driving the small Ford Aspire that I for him had because she thought it wasn't safe. So I said I'd give him my Intrigue and looked for something else.

That's when I stumbled onto this. It was parked at the airport because he didn't have room at home. The airport wanted the car gone. So when I got him to $800 and he said yes, what was I going to do? The low price was also because the car had 160,000 miles on it (260,000 Kms). Before I bought it I searched out another engine and found one for $1000 with 40,000 miles on it. So I bought both and now have a really good daily driver. I don't like car payments either. She sure has been good in all types of weather we've been getting this year.

Our friggin' ground hog saw it's shadow and there is 6 more weeks of winter. Hey, this is Alberta...from February 2 there will always be 6 more weeks of winter, shadow or not.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 09:39 AM
Captain of my ship

Well we had another foot or more of snow and been out from 6:30 til 1:00 so far but another 2 I have to go do now. Gotta love this climate change , I imagine this summer will be hot and muggy. It is warmer on average here , just a lot more wind and rain and this time of year snow. heck we had rain last month and I think Ken has had really warm weather off and on up in N. Alberta. speaking of which the groundhogs in PA and Ontario and Nova Scotia all did not see a shadow so looks like early spring for the east. Ken , you guys will have to pony up for that +10 weather you had.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 10:58 AM

LOL. They'll never live that one down. Unfortunately for them, the army is out of country.
The only one who has to live that one down is our former Mayor, Mel Lastman. Hell it didn't bother me, after all I didn't have to shovel my own sidewalk and at my age you take what ever the government gives you, even if its the army to clear snow. Finally got something for all the property taxes I've paid over the years.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by bulldog
The only one who has to live that one down is our former Mayor, Mel Lastman. Hell it didn't bother me, after all I didn't have to shovel my own sidewalk and at my age you take what ever the government gives you, even if its the army to clear snow. Finally got something for all the property taxes I've paid over the years.
I don't blame you...in fact I don't even blame Lastman. But that story just morphed into something bigger than it was. So what was with that? You guys have to have decent snow removal equipment! It's not like you get Vancouver weather.

I remember watching a CBC show called "Why do Canadians hate Toronto?" Apparently, that was one reason. Lastman got in hot water when he came to Edmonton because before hand he had said that it was a "town" of "tar paper shacks". He certainly was a colourful mayor.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 06:50 PM

Hey, I hope spring comes sooner than later for you all in the freezing north country. And my prayers go out to the Queensland residents who got hit by the typhoon. I get the ABC Australian TV station on my cable and the pictures from Tully looked bad.
Thursday was Veterans Day here in Thailand and our VFW Post participated in a wreath laying ceremony at a local memorial then went over to the Army base to watch soldiers march in review and then a lucheon for the veterans where the Post made a donation tto their scholarship fund. There were veterans from WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Many of the Thai Vietnam era veterans fought in Cambodia and Laos with the CIA.
Weather here still perfect, high 29C (84F) and low 17C (63F). Supposed to get up to 35C (95F) by the end of the month so I guess summer is coming.......no Spring here.
B
Old February 3rd, 2011, 07:41 PM
...should get a life....

Today we've broken our all time record for consective days where the temperature has been at least 5 degrees above the usual average.....and it's predicted to go on for at least another 2 - 3 days. It's officially a heatwave. Yahoooo !
Glad Ralph is OK Jamesbo. One of my Staffies, Ruby Tuesday, has been bitten on a back toe by something and it's swelled up to 4 times it's normal size and is red. We think it's a bite anyhow. Pills for a few days then an operation if they don't work. More money. They say dogs are like their owners. I take 4 different pills every morning for my heart, Spot the bull terrier has 4 pills every night for arthritis & allergies and Ruby has 2 pills for the toe & allergies. The other Staffy, Peggy-Sue, is my wife's dog. They don't take pills.

Those temps sound good Rdrkit. Can't sleep properly here at the moment. 17C sounds nice of a night & 29C is about as hot as I like it during the day. We'll get those temps in Autumn and I can't wait.
Old February 4th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sunny and a crisp 17 degrees out there today. I hear Texas is having all kinds of bad weather. Steve was to go to our Houston headquarters today for the annual sales meeting, but his flight was cancelled yesterday. Guess they are getting some freezing rain and crap. I hear Dallas has 5 inches of snow or so?? I know we haven't received any calls yet this morning from Houston. It's just nice to see the sun around here!

Well, Don came down $1000 on the Rav4, so I don't know..... I kinda miss the little tin can this morning, lol! I told him I'd think about it and let him know later today.
That puts him at the same price as another dealer who has the exact same vehicle with 36,568 miles on it. There's also another one at another dealer with 64,787 miles for $17590. So I don't know. I was also looking at the Ford Escape, but I don't know if I like the looks of it. I never cared for the looks of the Explorer.

Boy he has a beautiful new Rustang sitting out in front of his building...it's a beautiful light blue color and only $15995! I'm not a Ford person, but I like that car, lol. Even Larry said he'd take it. I'd never drive it in this weather though.

Clay tells me it's too much money for the Rav, but I don't know. Those low miles are worth something I would think.....

We did sign up with State Farm for much better coverage on the cars and houses for less money. Got some life insurance on Nicole too for cheap.

Jamesbo..... I miss you! Hope all is well with Ralph and your friend.

Blue...... I REALLY REALLY miss you!!!!! (No offense Jamesbo, but Blue is my hero, ya know!) Hope you and the family are ok! You know I worry.....

Colonel..... Hope your dog gets better too!

My cat is healthy, lol!

Well have a good day all!
Old February 4th, 2011, 06:48 AM

Mawn'in all

Mawn'in

Thanks fer your kind words for me.

Ralph is do'in just Ok, De meds make him pee like a race horse every hour. So, I gotta take him out often.

My friend on the other hand got pneumonia after her transfusion. NOT good.

Saw we got a neebie from Alpharetta which is just down de road.

For ya'll who can spell Zamboni w/o look'in it up. It's pronounced
Al-fretter if your a local yokle.

It's raining and dank [a.k.a. cold/wet/ crummy] down ere but If I drive up de road a piece, it's snowing.

I miss Blue also. I wish he'd return and play with us.
Old February 4th, 2011, 06:53 AM

7c (45F) here yesterday, 5c (41F) right now before 8 am. It rained last night. The roads are slick ice. I did a bit of Russian Cossack dancing in the driveway before I got to the car. Cars sliding everywhere....GAME ON!

Col, I watched the news last night. Glad that Yasi didn't do more harm. Aussies are tough, you'll pull through.
Old February 4th, 2011, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Mawn'in

Thanks fer your kind words for me.

Ralph is do'in just Ok, De meds make him pee like a race horse every hour. So, I gotta take him out often.

My friend on the other hand got pneumonia after her transfusion. NOT good.

Saw we got a neebie from Alpharetta which is just down de road.

For ya'll who can spell Zamboni w/o look'in it up. It's pronounced
Al-fretter if your a local yokle.

It's raining and dank [a.k.a. cold/wet/ crummy] down ere but If I drive up de road a piece, it's snowing.

I miss Blue also. I wish he'd return and play with us.
Glad to hear Ralphie is doing better. "Zamboni"? Dang, every Canadian knows who and what that is. Alpharetta?...I thought we were getting another receipe.

Last edited by 442much; February 4th, 2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old February 4th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Captain of my ship

Well everybody seems to be all cleaned up from another snowfall. i had a long day in the tractor yesterday and sure felt it last night and today. can barely move my neck this morning and the back really sucks , but it always has , it's just worse as time ticks on. The clutch pedal in that tractor is really getting stiff and making groaning sounds the more I use it so I need to check to see if I can lubricate it somehow. I have arthritis in my left knee and Plowing snow from driveways means doing a lot of clutch work so my knee gets pretty sore during those long days. I had a couple people call me cause they needed snow removed and put someplace else. blades on the front of 1/2 ton trucks can only push it so high then if you get another foot or two of snow there is no place they can put it. With the big loader on the front of the tractor it's not a problem , and I can push way more snow than them . Including what they already have built up. lots of fun in the snow. Got more coming on Sunday and the middle of next week it looks like more again.
Sandy it's always better to go with low milage since things like brakes and normal wear parts will last you longer but I would look at seeing what kind of warrenty you can get and paying a little extra for extended warrenty never hurts. plus this vehicle should be about reliable transportation for you and not about looks. I personally dont like the look of the Rav 4 myself , if the reports on the Explorer were more favorable I would get that, just my 2 cents.
Old February 4th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well Wolfie... I know it's not about looks, but if I don't like how it looks, I'm not interested to begin with, lol! It gets good reviews from Edmunds and has it's problems like other used vehicles too. I've done a lot of research. I don't drive my vehicles hard or put alot of miles on them, so I imagine it would last awhile. i dunno.....
Old February 4th, 2011, 10:07 AM

Wolfman, Any way to put a hydraulic slave on that clutch? Had a LS-6 454 and 4 speed in my old 40 Stude and had to put a hydraulic slave cyclinder in it as the clutch was a bit#ch in heavy traffic.
Sandy, If you bought the Rav4 and found out later that you didn't like it the worst you would have is a low mileage Rav4 to sell.
B
Old February 4th, 2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Well Wolfie... I know it's not about looks, but if I don't like how it looks, I'm not interested to begin with, lol! It gets good reviews from Edmunds and has it's problems like other used vehicles too. I've done a lot of research. I don't drive my vehicles hard or put alot of miles on them, so I imagine it would last awhile. i dunno.....

If you really like it, buy it. It's not like we're gonna be here forever. If it makes you happy, you've gotta believe that you're worth it.
Old February 4th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Cutlass Lover

I know what you're saying Ken. Don is in the ball park price wise with what I'm seeing. Just the thought of a payment freaks me out, I guess. You only live once, though. I really like the little tin can, lol!
Old February 4th, 2011, 12:13 PM

I don't blame you...in fact I don't even blame Lastman. But that story just morphed into something bigger than it was. So what was with that? You guys have to have decent snow removal equipment! It's not like you get Vancouver weather.

I remember watching a CBC show called "Why do Canadians hate Toronto?" Apparently, that was one reason. Lastman got in hot water when he came to Edmonton because before hand he had said that it was a "town" of "tar paper shacks". He certainly was a colourful mayor.
In both cases that was Lastman putting his foot in his mouth and being a complete ***. Hard to believe he ran a chain of successful furniture stores.
Who bets Bad Boy ( noooobody)
Old February 4th, 2011, 04:54 PM
...should get a life....

Just buy the bloody thing Sandy
You obviously like it. The miles are real low. You'll have it for years so it will eventually pay for itself. Just get it checked out in case it has had a major repair. That's the only doubt I have with low mileage cars, ie why get rid of them unless there's been a problem. I had a low mile Nissan Navara 4wd twin cab checked out a couple of years ago. I'd paid the deposit and was ready to buy until the guy doing the checking pulled the door seals and headlining and showed me repairs conducive to a roll-over accident. Every panel had been repaired. Repaired really well, but none-the-less. The seller forgot to tell me.
Ever since you posted those pics I've been seeing silver Rav 4s all over the place,...none of them on the side of the road with the hood up so that's a good sign. So go on.......the Colonel dares ya !
Total Fire Ban in Sydney today as we enjoy another day in the 40s accompanied by nice hot winds from the west. No relief until tomorrow some time when temps will get down into the 20s. Beauty. I think that'll be 7 days in a row in Sydney's west where we've had temps close to or well over 100F.
Anyway...weekend's here & there's stuff to do. A little tree lopping, gotta set up for tiling the games room floor and head up to the shed and service the snow plow.
Have a good one.
ps Blue should be back next month. Right now he's too busy glued to the Olds calendar.
Old February 4th, 2011, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by bulldog
In both cases that was Lastman putting his foot in his mouth and being a complete ***. Hard to believe he ran a chain of successful furniture stores.
Who bets Bad Boy ( noooobody)

LOL! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr7xxBnX4tA Bulldog, listen at 2:03 in to it.

Last edited by 442much; February 4th, 2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old February 4th, 2011, 09:03 PM
GM Enthusiast

Ken, great find! I would have bought it too for that price, really looks clean.
Old February 4th, 2011, 09:15 PM
GM Enthusiast

Well, Don came down $1000 on the Rav4, so I don't know..... I kinda miss the little tin can this morning, lol! I told him I'd think about it and let him know later today.
That puts him at the same price as another dealer who has the exact same vehicle with 36,568 miles on it. There's also another one at another dealer with 64,787 miles for $17590. So I don't know. I was also looking at the Ford Escape, but I don't know if I like the looks of it. I never cared for the looks of the Explorer.
Sounds like he wants to move it Sandy but it still seems like a lot of money for it. I sold my truck and bought this:

Attachment 184149

Hemi, AWD with 49k miles on it. Mint condition, it cost me 14k but I sold the truck for more than that so I made out on the deal. Better gas mileage, faster, and it fits in parking spots! You could probably find one of these with a V6 and AWD for 10-12k. This is my second one, the first I put 140k on it with no issues.
Old February 4th, 2011, 09:48 PM
...should get a life....

There's $45,000 right there if you could find one down here. The price you guys pay for cars makes me sick. I cannot believe how cheap cars, parts, fuel etc is in the States. Those 300c chryslers are over $50,000 on special here.
I was thinking a while back of bringing in a late model US car and having it converted. Eg,2005 Mustang GT $22,000. Conversion $50,000+ = not worth it.
Seeing as we have all the rhd gear for chryslers, I'll have to do a little checking on the AWD option. Might work out. Hmmmmm
Old February 4th, 2011, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Col Wickham
There's $45,000 right there if you could find one down here. The price you guys pay for cars makes me sick. I cannot believe how cheap cars, parts, fuel etc is in the States. Those 300c chryslers are over $50,000 on special here.
I was thinking a while back of bringing in a late model US car and having it converted. Eg,2005 Mustang GT $22,000. Conversion $50,000+ = not worth it.
Seeing as we have all the rhd gear for chryslers, I'll have to do a little checking on the AWD option. Might work out. Hmmmmm
Do you have to convert them? Here I see so many right hand drive cars it's crazy. Last summer this girl was driving while reading a book, until I saw that the steering wheel was on the right.

Those Aussie pipeliners that I went to the hockey game with in Dec. kept talking about this Ford Pick up for $52,000 in the conceission area of the arena. "You guys have trucks in Australia" I said. "Not like this for only $52,000". Crap, I thought the truck was over priced.
Old February 4th, 2011, 10:10 PM

I hear you Col. It's worse over here in Thailand. The import tax on a car not assembled in Thailand is 328%. Here is a good example a used 2008 Chrysler 300 with a 3.5 liter engine for 3.5 million baht. That's $116,500 in US dollars. Here's the ad.
http://www.one2car.com/CHRYSLER_300C/I20100027
There is a new 2010 Camaro (6.2 liter, auto)at a new car dealer in Bangkok and he is asking 5 million baht or $165,000. Ouch!!
Old February 5th, 2011, 01:28 AM
...should get a life....

Originally Posted by Rdrokit
I hear you Col. It's worse over here in Thailand. The import tax on a car not assembled in Thailand is 328%. Here is a good example a used 2008 Chrysler 300 with a 3.5 liter engine for 3.5 million baht. That's $116,500 in US dollars. Here's the ad.
http://www.one2car.com/CHRYSLER_300C/I20100027
There is a new 2010 Camaro (6.2 liter, auto)at a new car dealer in Bangkok and he is asking 5 million baht or $165,000. Ouch!!
Holy crap !! You could buy an elephant cheaper than that in Thailand!
(Fairly cheap to run but I believe you need something a little more substantial than a drip tray when you park them in the garage overnight)
That's one helluva tax! I just checked and a 2010 demonstrator SR8 is over $60k here. A 2007 diesel is low $30s for a private sale.
The car Sandy is looking at is mid $20s here with low(ish) miles.

Anyway, the hottest February day in Sydney today since 1953,...which means in my life time. And its now flooding down in Melbourne. A few bushfires also around Sydney's outskirts.
Jamesbo will be proud of me as I've decided to learn to cook. I'm gonna start by learning quick dishes using a wok and see how it goes. I actually sat through one of those reality cooking shows today and was inspired to then browse through a few cook-books and I liked what I saw. I figure the only way I'll get to try them is if I cook them myself. Luckily I have a chef's hat and apron upstairs cos last fancy dress party I went to I face painted myself black and went as Chef from Southpark
Old February 5th, 2011, 04:11 AM

Good fer you Col,

Google up de cookbook " How to Cook Everything" by Mark Bittman. It's agood basic one. I'm a Julie Childs fan myself but its French Cooking. If'in ya wants to learn to cook Cajun "bait" try Justine Wilson's.

Sandy,

Why don't cha come donw ere and go to OldsR350 shop and get cha a new Fazazz. I'm sho he'd give ya de "Ecclesiastical deal" Heck get 2 [De'r small]

I sho am glad I live ere cause I'd be rid'in de bus where de cars is so expensive

De only time, I drove a wrong hand drive car was in Bermuda. Had to clean my shorts after ever trip. It really was worst walking. Cause when I tried to cross de street, I was always check'in fer cars in de wrong direction. Like to got run over a bunch of times step'in off de curb.
Old February 5th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Captain of my ship

Holy crap , if I was where you are Col I would be riding a motorcycle as they may be cheaper and better fuel mileage , and in Thailand I would be on a scooter. The hydraulic slave for the clutch is an idea I have never considered and I may have to look into it. Doing driveways and tilling peoples gardens means a lot of clutch work. And it is work that my arthritic knee really feels.
We are expecting another 20-25 cms of snow tomorrow and then snow Wed. , Thurs. and Fri. with the most being Thursday. The groundhog predicted an early spring but if it comes with rain we are gonna be in trouble with flooding. We had some last spring and again in the fall so you would think people would be better prepared this year but I bet not. I sure will be.
Old February 5th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Well...... I did it! I went and bought the Tin Can, lol!! I just liked it. I did get a service contract type deal on it too where if anything is wrong with it or happens to it, they'll fix it and give me something else to drive. It wasn't that much extra. Larry was with me and he thought it was a good thing to have. Never know with Toyota, lol! Also got a year of free oil changes (that I'm sure I'm paying for somewhere, lol) and they filled it with gas. I gave Don an Olds calendar too! He liked it. I'd love to work over there. His whole place has the old car memoribilia all around, pictures and stuff! It's so cool!!

Don said he was at the Mecum auction with 3 cars a week ago or so. Sold them all, but said he did best on a Firebird - I think- I don't know if he'll be on TV or if he already was. He came in and talked to us for quite a while. He's such a nice guy. Really gives back to the community. Has all sorts of Chamber of Commerce awards, newspaper articles, letters and cards from customers hanging all around. I like him. They're working on putting together a 67 GTO out in the shop that he bought in pieces. Gonna be beautiful when it's done!

So now I'm in debt up to my eyeballs for the next 5 years! Scary. There goes money for Teepo. No, I'll always find a way to get what she needs, I'm sure. Like when I used to smoke. Always found money for cigarettes, lol.

Colonel.... I wish you could send us some of that heat. We had sleet earlier and it's been snowing all afternoon. They're saying on the news right now not to go out unless you have to. This is some kind of fast moving storm. Supposed to get snow tomorrow too. I need to go up and take Linda grocery shopping tomorrow. I'm tired of winter already. I'm proud of you learning to cook, lol! I'm baking taters right now so hopefully I can try Jamesbo's baked tater soup tomorrow if I have time.

Jamesbo.... I don't want a Fazazz, lol! I'll stick with my Tin Can. Hope you get your wiring problem figured out.

Well have a nice evening all! Gonna go eat my gourmet meal of hot dogs and macaroni and cheese for supper!
Old February 5th, 2011, 05:11 PM
...should get a life....

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Well...... I did it! I went and bought the Tin Can, lol!! Well have a nice evening all! Gonna go eat my gourmet meal of hot dogs and macaroni and cheese for supper!
Good onya Sandy. I hope you get many years of safe, trouble free motoring out of the little tin can

Hey...I can cook hot-dogs. Defrost the hotdog bun and microwave a frozen frankfurt on high for 1 minute. Add sauce & mustard. Tricky, but I've managed to get the hang of it I usually do the cooked breakfasts on the weekend, as long as its poached eggs (I'm famous for my poached eggs), bacon & fried tomato with a little balsamic, basil & pepper. That is the extent of my cooking. Other than that its toast & vegemite.

Just off the mower again. I did a little rain dance before I started and we did get a few spots. Cooler today, probably high 80s - low 90s with a cooler change due through later on. Shower, lunch then off to buy a decent wok. There's a prawn, asparagus & sesame stir fry I like the look of. Bon Apetite
Old February 5th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks Colonel! Lord you make me laugh!! You have a good day, and think of me when you're out in the heat, lol!
Old February 5th, 2011, 05:59 PM
GM Enthusiast

Mowing the lawn Colonel? I wish I was doing that! Haven't seen the grass here since 12/26. Today it made it up to 47, warmest its been since the middle of December. Roads here are all flooded due the the huge piles of snow. Can't really tell from the pictures of my Magnum, but the snow piles are 4-7 feet high in my driveway and out in the street.
Old February 5th, 2011, 06:23 PM

Sandy,
Best of luck with the new wheels. Hope it outlasts the 5 year finance contract. Overcast and cloudy today. Temp was 18.2C(65F) at 7am, think I will put another coat of wax on the Olds today as we have a show coming up on the 26th.
B
Old February 5th, 2011, 06:37 PM

So Sandy got a new ride. Still doesn't measure up to one you have hidden away in the garage with no driveway. Hope it works out for you

Jamsbo How ya doing bud? Sounds like you're an official potty pal with your four legged friend. New career path for you huh. Sorry to here about your friend
Old February 5th, 2011, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Col Wickham
Good onya Sandy. I hope you get many years of safe, trouble free motoring out of the little tin can

Hey...I can cook hot-dogs. Defrost the hotdog bun and microwave a frozen frankfurt on high for 1 minute. Add sauce & mustard. Tricky, but I've managed to get the hang of it I usually do the cooked breakfasts on the weekend, as long as its poached eggs (I'm famous for my poached eggs), bacon & fried tomato with a little balsamic, basil & pepper. That is the extent of my cooking. Other than that its toast & vegemite.

Just off the mower again. I did a little rain dance before I started and we did get a few spots. Cooler today, probably high 80s - low 90s with a cooler change due through later on. Shower, lunch then off to buy a decent wok. There's a prawn, asparagus & sesame stir fry I like the look of. Bon Apetite
Sounds like you're a heck of a cook Col. Who whats to cook when its that hot anyway.
Old February 5th, 2011, 11:38 PM
...should get a life....

Originally Posted by OLD SKL 69
Mowing the lawn Colonel? I wish I was doing that! Haven't seen the grass here since 12/26. Today it made it up to 47, warmest its been since the middle of December. Roads here are all flooded due the the huge piles of snow. Can't really tell from the pictures of my Magnum, but the snow piles are 4-7 feet high in my driveway and out in the street.
Darrell, I have problems comprehending 7 feet high snow piles. You've got more snow in your driveway than what falls in our ski fields on a cold season.
Got to 47 here yesterday too in some parts of Sydney's west. Celcius of course. Another record. Hit 36C today before the cool change. Soon as it blew in I had a sleep for a couple of hours and so did the boss. Haven't slept properly for more than a week so I think the body reacted to the lower temps and caught up a little.
Flash flooding and evacuations south of Melbourne in Victoria and over in Perth, Western Australia, bushfires have destroyed 12 homes today. The big post-cyclone & flood clean-up continues in Queensland. Our State Govt election campaigns got under way with the current govt apologising for doing nothing for years.....now there's an unusual campaign platform.
Nothing happened in Tasmania and South Australia and nothing ever does in the Northern Territory and Canberra. You're now up to date with the Aussie news.
Weekend's just about done here. Enjoy your Sunday up there.
Cheers
Old February 6th, 2011, 12:37 AM

Two Morning Chuckles

Life in the old Soviet Union: if you wanted a car you had to pay for it and wait 10 years for delivery. This happened about 25 years ago.

A Soviet citizen goes into the government office and says he has enough money to order a car. The official looks at him as the money is put on the table. The government worker counts it, takes the money and the guys name. "Come back in ten years for the car." The Soviet looks at the offical and asks "Should I come in the morning, or the afternoon?"

The Official looks at the other bureaucrats and they all begin to laugh. Turning to the citizen he says "In ten years, what does it matter if it's in the morning or the afternoon?"

The Soviet says "Because the plumber is coming in the morning."

Two Soviets are waiting in line to buy bread. "I have been in this line for 6 hours and I am sick of it." The other Soviet says, "Yesterday I waited 7 hours for toilet paper."

"THAT'S IT!" says the first, "I'm going to shoot Brezhnev." and he leaves. The next day his friend sees him in line for cigarettes and asks "Did you shoot comrade chairman?"

"No" says the first, "That line was longer than this one."

Have a good day.
Old February 6th, 2011, 12:48 AM

Hi all, just got home from 2nd day shift, man what a stinker today was. It was cooler outside in the sun then inside near the machine, got close to 100 in there. I would rather have that 7 foot of snow you get Darrell

Glad to hear you got yourself the tin can Sandy, if you like something and have the means to get it (legally, lol) then I say go for it. We are here for a good time not a long time

Col is right about car prices over here Darrell, we would be lucky to get the rolling chassis for 14k Those prices in Thailand are just crazy B

Glad to hear your puppy is doing better Jamesbo, even if he is peeing like a race horse

LMAO!!! Your one funny man Ken

Time to cook some dinner, my wife wants some of Jamesbo's baked potato soup as she has a cold